Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thumbs down Stay Away from this merchant
    I have a merchant at Share A Sale that Reverses EVERY transaction.

I have e-mailed them regarding this and am awaiting a response.

should I not receive a satisfactory response I'll tell you all who the merchant is so you can AVOID their program!.

http and a telephoto
    This thread is pretty useless until you name them. With that thread title I expected to see more information.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

True. Are we on "Candid Camera?"

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Silly post without a name.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Uuuuhhhh....

Translation:

"I have VERY important information to impart! Maybe I'll give it to you later!"

Ergh.

Or this. "HAHA Made you look!"

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    "And what you have all been waiting for. We are going to provide you with the key to success in affiliate marketing...."

But first, let's go to commerical break!

http and a telephoto
    If you emailed this link to the merchant with your threat to expose, that isn't really as powerful as just telling who they are.

And if you never intended to out them, this was really pointless and a waste of people's time. Headlines for posts are intended to convey what is in the thread. This one is misleading. Maybe I'll fix it...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    We just got pranked by Girls Behaving Badly!

Whats the scoop? Maybe they reversed reversed the transactions?
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    True. Are we on "Candid Camera?"
    Wait, this may be one of those marketing espionage tricks that make all affiliates hold off signing up to all merchant offerings in an effort to make a new network, (obviously owned or controlled by a consortium of calculating VC's) look like the only sensible option. Yeah, that's what it looks like to me. I've seen it done a hundred times. It ain't pretty, it ain't fair, but it's life in the fast lane baby - so tighten your seat belt and enjoy the ride!

On the other hand, it may be an explainable action.

The suspense builds..
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

OMG, ALAN! You are just trying to draw our attention away from YOUR SAS programs..... Hey, we are smarter than that.... Which one of your programs are you reversing everything on ? hahaha ( for those of you who are nimble or dull , I am only joking... Alan is perfect in every way, and then some!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Wait, this may be one of those marketing espionage tricks that make all affiliates hold off signing up to all merchant offerings in an effort to make a new network,
    Actually this is very intriguing, especially considering that Brian is currently gallivanting off in another continent... Perfect timing.

OMG, ALAN! You are just trying to draw our attention away from YOUR SAS programs..... Hey, we are smarter than that.... Which one of your programs are you reversing everything on ? hahaha ( for those of you who are nimble or dull , I am only joking... Alan is perfect in every way, and then some!)
    I ain't singing sister - not for you, and not for any gum shoe. OK, try this one on for size toots!

Yeah sure, she sent some sales! What of it? I did't like the color of the link on the pages the clicks were referred from. Dat's my call!! Our TOS clearly states that in our sole discretion we may reverse commissions if we consider the marketing practices of the suspect affiliate to be objectionable. I don't like blue, and she used blue in her links. So I reversed the commish, sent her a bottle of bubbly and called it even.

And as for your rediculous assertion that I am perfect in every way, it ain't so. I spit on the ground one day when I was fishing.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

OMG, ALAN! You are just trying to draw our attention away from YOUR SAS programs.....
    Gee whiz Anne, what programs of ours on SaS are you referring to? Do you mean our dynamic one of a kind pay per lead Diabetic Med Care program or are you maybe talking about our out of this world Dream Of Jewelry program? Either way, to even mention them here would be an act of shameless self promotion, and I am way above that!! I would even be hesitant to include links to the sign up for these two innovative programs in my signature.

So keep the thread on topic Anne. It's about merchants who reverse sales commissions, not Diabetic Med Care or Dream Of Jewelry, our new mainstream affiliate programs that I will not promote here.

I don't like blue, and she used blue in her links. So I reversed the commish, sent her a bottle of bubbly and called it even.
    Listen Alan. I was just about to sign up for all of your programs and plaster links across all of my sites. The problem is, I went to click on the subtle links in your footer, but suddenly it dawned upon me that all of them were BLUE. I actually never thought about it before, but since you pointed it out first, I will have to concur that I find blue substantially objectionable as well, so I am not signing up for ANY of your programs. The bottom line is I simply find the mere thought of clicking on your links completely aversive, given the nature of how I now feel about the color blue in linking.

I wish you success with your programs. If you decide to change the color of your clickable links, please pm me, and as long as the color which offends me has not changed from blue to whatever color you change your sign up links to, then I will join.

Oh well, even though the suspense is killing me, I can't hang out any longer waiting to find out who the dastardly merchant is. I in fact have a dinner date, and must now run to shower and shave my back.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Rematt,

Go for the waxing dude - no more shaving and no more squeels from unsuspecting dates!!

Rematt,

Go for the waxing dude - no more shaving and no more squeels from unsuspecting dates!!
    Yeah, and the best part? No stubble.

The wax hurts and I usually like to save the pain for after the date starts.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Listen Alan. I was just about to sign up for all of your programs and plaster links across all of my sites. The problem is, I went to click on the subtle links in your footer, but suddenly it dawned upon me that all of them were BLUE. I actually never thought about it before, but since you pointed it out first, I will have to concur that I also find blue substantially objectionable as well, so I am not signing up for ANY of your programs. The bottom line is I simply find the mere thought of clicking on your links completely aversive, given the nature of how I now feel about the color blue in linking.

I wish you success with your programs. If you decide to change the color of your clickable links, please pm me, and as long as they have not changed to another color I find offensive, then I will sign up.
    Um, ah, well, err, hmm, ahh........ drat!!! We merchants can't win!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    The wax hurts and I usually like to save the pain for after the date starts.-rematt
    You're supposed to be in the shower, so get going and turn that laptop off!! Have fun tonight. Give her a cup of that coffee I sent you and she'll be yours for the asking.....

Hmmm. .....is it possible to do a thread reversal??

Quote Originally Posted by KristenG
    Hmmm. .....is it possible to do a thread reversal??
    Awwww. Don't be a party pooper!

This thread is a complete joke, beginning with the subject line. Into this world, some fun must fall, and we must embrace it when it happens. When affiliate marketing becomes just 'business as usual,' like a REAL job, then I quitting, for real.

Listen Alan. I was just about to sign up for all of your programs and plaster links across all of my sites. The problem is, I went to click on the subtle links in your footer, but suddenly it dawned upon me that all of them were BLUE. I actually never thought about it before, but since you pointed it out first, I will have to concur that I find blue substantially objectionable as well, so I am not signing up for ANY of your programs. The bottom line is I simply find the mere thought of clicking on your links completely aversive, given the nature of how I now feel about the color blue in linking.

I wish you success with your programs. If you decide to change the color of your clickable links, please pm me, and as long as the color which offends me has not changed from blue to whatever color you change your sign up links to, then I will join.
    (cough)

Talk about accommodating merchants / opms / ams.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast