Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Domain Back Order
    I know, that on this and at other forums domain back order subject was considered many times. However those questions on which I search for answers are not opened yet. Therefore I wish to specify the following information.
    My domains remained at enom thanking RegisterFly. All whois information - protected by ProtectedFly. After long correspondence with enom, I have understood, that hardly I will prove, that my domains belong to me. Therefore has decided, that it will be easier to risk and make backorder!

1. I never used back order and I do not know as it works. Since my domains have PR 0 I hope they will not have the big attention from side of domain-professionals! In addition they not so "beautiful", however nevertheless they mine! Therefore I think to take advantage GoDaddy Back Order. I know there are many professional services (snapnames, pool, dropvizard). But it for domains bulk on purpose to earn on it! Somebody use GoDaddy Back Order? Who can tell somethings about him?

2. How many time after expired it is necessary to wait while the domain will be re-registered via backorder? In particular, if domains are now registered on enom? Somebody had such experience?

3. I can not understand how working back order! If two or more applicants on domain use back order service then who from them will be the domain owner first? To that who has made back order in first-rate?
    I so understand, if back order from different registrars - it`s a separate subject for conversation!?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Godaddy backorder is a one-user-only system. If someone else already has the backorder at Godaddy for that name, you're out of luck.

Snap is the one MOST LIKELY to get the name. They are a minimum-bid auction system. Most likely $60 minimum, but that now depends on who the registrar was. If you are the only one with a backorder, you get the name for the minimum. If more than one person orders, it'll go to auction.

What you might want to do is contact the Registrar liason guy at ICANN.org, pretty sure he's handling the registerfly meltdown (which was very embarassing for ICANN because they were warned for YEARS about Registerfly, but ignored the warnings).

He MIGHT be able to assist you in some way.

GOOD LUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Godaddy backorder is a one-user-only system. If someone else already has the backorder at Godaddy for that name, you're out of luck.
    Whether who-inbud from clients godaddy or other web users learns what I have made backorder of my domain ? I.e. whether will cause GoDaddy backorder additional attention to my domains!?
    What you might want to do is contact the Registrar liason guy at ICANN.org, pretty sure he's handling the registerfly meltdown (which was very embarassing for ICANN because they were warned for YEARS about Registerfly, but ignored the warnings).
    He MIGHT be able to assist you in some way.
    GOOD LUCK.
    I have visited site ICANN.org. Basically it is possible to set a heap of questions for them, but first they seriously prosecute only mass subjects, secondly does not remain of time already almost, and thirdly I already contacted enom and described all situation in this topic http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=95080 (hardly I can already prove enom or guys from ICANN, that domains is my)!

Drewbert! Сould you explain particularly that it`s means one-user-only system?

I like traffic lights
    Try to put a back order on the name at Godaddy. If you are successful, thats good.

If they say it is not available, someone has already back ordered it there.

It's a first-up best-dressed deal.

Unlike Snapnames where you can have hundreds of people placing back-orders on one domain (I've witnessed this plenty of times) and then fierce bidding in the resultant auction.

Try to put a back order on the name at Godaddy. If you are successful, thats good. If they say it is not available, someone has already back ordered it there. It's a first-up best-dressed deal.
    Seems Understand! Trying...
    Unlike Snapnames where you can have hundreds of people placing back-orders on one domain (I've witnessed this plenty of times) and then fierce bidding in the resultant auction.
    And if there will be a situation when somebody will wish backorder from GoDaddy and Snapnames simultaneously! Then who will be the first?! And what of these domain registrars will be given the first?!

I like traffic lights
    Galant, what is your native language? I think it'll be a lot better for you if we get someone to explain in that, because we're just rehashing stuff in English and you're not picking it up.

Galant, what is your native language? I think it'll be a lot better for you if we get someone to explain in that, because we're just rehashing stuff in English and you're not picking it up.
    Sorry for my english - it`s poor i know !
    But I work to improving my knowledge!

Try to put a back order on the name at Godaddy. If you are successful, thats good.
    If they say it is not available, someone has already back ordered it there.
    Just backordered some domains - daddy say nothings (it`s mean ok)!
    Monitoring Status: Active
    Backorder Status: Active

But

Current Registrar:
    Expires On:
    Registry Status:
    Nameservers:
    is empty ! Why?

Also, how many time it is need to wait after domains will be expired for daddy successful registration?

I like traffic lights
    Godaddy takes a while to fill in that data in the backorder.

I just remembered also - godaddy claims ownership of their client's names when they expire and auction them off over at tdnam.com ("THe Dumbest Name for Auction Management" or something) so you'd better keep an eye out for your domain on that site because that's where it'll probably show up for auction.

Also, they list how many visitors the domain gets while on auction, and the sites that get lots of visitors make godaddy a LOT of money - as you will see from the prices people pay for the expiring godaddy names.

Godaddy takes a while to fill in that data in the backorder.
    Daddy has updated backorder info - now all information is displayed! You were right Drewbert!
    I just remembered also - godaddy claims ownership of their client's names when they expire and auction them off over at tdnam.com ("THe Dumbest Name for Auction Management" or something) so you'd better keep an eye out for your domain on that site because that's where it'll probably show up for auction.
    Just checked tdname.com - has not found my domains! I will hope, that they will not appear there!
    Also, they list how many visitors the domain gets while on auction, and the sites that get lots of visitors make godaddy a LOT of money - as you will see from the prices people pay for the expiring godaddy names.
    Many nice prices here :
    Name: akon.com
    Auction Price: $200,000.00
    Value: $104,717.00 - $272,264.00 (This Domain has a Certified Appraisal)
    or
    Auction Price: $178,000
    Name: myspacegirls.com
    Value: $34,526.00 - $89,766.00 (This Domain has a Certified Appraisal)
    etc...

I like traffic lights
    Keep watching tdnam.com for your name. Check daily!

ok! Today - nothings!

I go to my domain and see Advertising optimized under domain name!
    Below - contact link "mailto:info@whois-help.info?Subject=Inquiring about the domain, with status: Expired"
    whois-help.info - redirecting to enom
    How many time it`s need to waiting for enom deleting domain from their database?
    After this domain can be backordered - not so?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Galant,

I know you said earlier that you couldn't login to Registerfly to do the print-screens, but have you tried lately? I'm able to log in to my Registerfly account and see my domains, including ones that I transferred out and tried to transfer to Enom or GD before.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by wyvern
    Hi Galant,

I know you said earlier that you couldn't login to Registerfly to do the print-screens, but have you tried lately? I'm able to log in to my Registerfly account and see my domains, including ones that I transferred out and tried to transfer to Enom or GD before.

Ken
    Today i checking - nothings.
    I already said in one topic, that David which sits in a chat, after conversation with me on that subject, that I cannot update domains - have removed them from mine RF control panel. On Ticket they simply did not respond!

I like traffic lights
    Once the domain expires, Godaddy runs PPC advertising on it to see how much money they can make from it. If its a lot of money I'm pretty sure they keep the domain for themselves. Lots of registrars do this now. If it doesn't make much money, they auction the domain off.

If you think we have a dangerous system here where it worth more for a registrar to let you expire your name than renew it, I wholeheartedly agree!

Once the domain expires, Godaddy runs PPC advertising on it to see how much money they can make from it. If its a lot of money I'm pretty sure they keep the domain for themselves. Lots of registrars do this now. If it doesn't make much money, they auction the domain off.
    It is done by the registrar or firm at it? If it so - chances to receive my domains practically are not present (at least one of them can give income for a month from ppc well precisely more than domain cost for a year)!

I like traffic lights
    It's done by the Registrar. Keep an eye on it. If it hasn't come up for auction after 2 months since "expiry" they've probably decided to keep it.

And you need to get yourself down to ICANN's meeting in Los Angeles and scream blue murder.

It's done by the Registrar. Keep an eye on it. If it hasn't come up for auction after 2 months since "expiry" they've probably decided to keep it.
    Nonsense!
    It is possible to ascertain, that if the domain gives though any income on adsense, backorder loses the sense - the registrar will take away it to itself!!!

And you need to get yourself down to ICANN's meeting in Los Angeles and scream blue murder.

Well! And if it does not give any income or a trifle then enom will be deleting it?

I like traffic lights
    >And if it does not give any income or a trifle then enom will be deleting it?

No, they'll probably auction it at tdnam.com

>And if it does not give any income or a trifle then enom will be deleting it?
    No, they'll probably auction it at tdnam.com
    It is impudence any!
    They have any right to hold the domain at themselves? Either let delete or already let register on itself! And that they and whole can hold it year!
    Whether they have the right to expose it on auction if it does not belong to them for the present?!
    Let expose it when it will be registered on them!

Checked enom and find his proper auction - NameJet.com
    There is so many domains...
    All potential domains possible to find here "Browse Domains"...
    But can`t understand where is search my domains?
    Because can`t understand when Enom will delete my domains!

I like traffic lights
    Are we talking eNom or GoDaddy here?

I like traffic lights
    Ah. eNom.

Sorry, when you started talking about using godaddy's back ordering system, I started thinking the name was regged at godaddy. Godaddy's backorder system is almost completely useless. It cannot compete against the likes of snapnames, pool etc.

If the name is at eNom, then yes - look for it appearing at the new NameJet service. That is where eNom auctions off it's confiscated names now.

And if you read your eNom terms of service that you agreed to when you registered the name (or they changed AFTER you registered the name) they take possession of the name on expiry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast