Question SpecificMedia - Anyone receive September's Payment??
    Hi ya,

I've been having a tough time getting in touch with SpecificMedia. Only been with them for a few months. Always rec'd payment around the 20th of the month. To date, no payment yet. Has anyone received payment from them this month?

No one can chime in on this?

New York
    Guess not, tell the Vanderhook's to spend more $$ in advertising.
    Continued Success,

The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I had a lot of problems with this a year ago. To make a long story short, nothing got fixed until I keep calling Tim Vanderhook directly. At the time, you could use the phone "employee directory" and get his extension from there. I suspect that's been changed now, but you never know! LOL

I think that Carmen was the main problem back then - I don't know if she is still with the company. I hope not. Long story short she messed up my W-9 as well as my mailing address and numerous other things that caused my checks to not be sent for months, without ever contacting me to fix it. Or even returning my calls to fix it. And she lied about stuff too, which is why I finally called Tim as a last ditch effort before filing with the BBB.

My friend had the same problem at the same time I did. After speaking to Tim several times, it was fixed and never happened again. Of course, I don't promote them much anymore because it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, the first thing I would do is call and have them check on your paperwork, since you're new and haven't ever gotten paid from them before it's a great place to start. As I said, it was the main problem with a couple of us and once fixed the checks came just fine again.

Good luck - sorry to rant, but while I like some of their offers, I was never very happy that Carmen still had a job after the stuff she was pulling. But for the record, I do think they will pay, it's just finding out what the holdup is. So I wouldn't worry too much.
    Last edited by raisingourkids; October 1st, 2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: wanted to add something

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread