Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Redsox Win The Pennant!!!
    PHEWWWWWWWW. Im not going to pretend like I wasn't a nervous wreck the past two weeks. I nervously watched the Yankees close in on my beloved Red Sox lead, everyday it seemed like the Yanks were gaining ground. Thankfully the Sox put it together and started playing the way they have all season. We hadn't won a Pennant since 1995. The City of Boston was a joy Friday night. Everyone was in a great mood. It is unbelievable how a professional sports team can bring an entire city together and on the same page for a night. Good times were had by all.

I have a ticket to the Sox-Angels game on Wednesday, game one of the ALDS. I Cant Wait!!!

GO SOX!!!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The Mets blew it so I'm rooting for the Sox now!

ABW Ambassador
    Don't watch much baseball but I hope somebody beats the Yankees, if not Cleveland then your Red Sox if you get by the Angels.

And in the National League, Philly and Chicago Cubs is a big deal right? They haven't won anything in forever.

I'm pulling for the Cubbies this year.

A.) They represent my Buccos division
    B.) They're lovable losers
    C.) I don't want to anger CTang.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    The Mets blew it so I'm rooting for the Sox now!
    Yes they did, that was unbelievable. I had them ed in for a month now. baseball is a funny game.

I appreciate the support Rhea! it is going to be a long hard road to glory. Im looking forward to every second of it!
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    And in the National League, Philly and Chicago Cubs is a big deal right? They haven't won anything in forever.
    It's that DAMN GOAT!!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    I'm pulling for the Cubbies this year.

A.) They represent my Buccos division
    B.) They're lovable losers
    C.) I don't want to anger CTang.
    A Sox-Cubs World Series would be amazing. I am definetly pulling hard for that. CTang and I would be at war!!!
    Brent Elias

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, I remember watching a show about that goat.

The Chicago Cubs haven't been to the World Series in over 60 years. Damn. And they haven't won since 1908, a bigger damn.

"Many people think the legendary goat has something to do about this. According to a Chicago legend, a Chicago bar-keeper and die-hard Chicago Cub fan placed a curse on the team after his goat was not allowed into the stadium (Wrigley Field) for game 4 of the 1945 World Series."

http://cubscurse.knup.net/

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    No team deserves more accolades than the Colorado Rockies. They went on a tear and gained even more ground than the Phillies in the last month to earn today's one-game playoff vs. San Diego for the final post-season spot.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    I have a ticket to the Sox-Angels game on Wednesday, game one of the ALDS. I Cant Wait!!!
    Excellent!!!

I hope Ortiz keeps smashing the Angels like he did during the regular season!!!

~~~from the mlb site, regarding the regular season Sox-Angels games~~~
    Boston went 6-4 against Los Angeles, outscoring the Angels, 64-42. Ortiz did the most damage, going 13-for-36 in nine games, with three doubles and four homers, the last a titanic grand slam off Jered Weaver. Boston's Curt Schilling posted a 3.21 ERA in his staff-leading two wins against the AL West champs. Los Angeles' Joe Saunders, in turn, went 2-0 with a 3.46 ERA against the Sox.

Ortiz's OPS was outstanding this whole season!

I think he's bound to do some serious damage against the Angels. I hope he lands one your way Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Excellent!!!

I hope Ortiz keeps smashing the Angels like he did during the regular season!!!

Ortiz's OPS was outstanding this whole season!

I think he's bound to do some serious damage against the Angels. I hope he lands one your way Brent!
    It is excellent Donuts!

I dont have a doubt in my mind that PAPI will bring his A game for the Angels. He did what he did this year on a bum right knee, which he will have surgery on this off-season, and a bum shoulder he hurt awkwardly sliding into second. The guy is a beast and by far my favorite Red Sox of all time. I will be rocking my Ortiz jersey for that game, look for me on the tube, the drunk guy in the Ortiz jersey :-)
    Brent Elias

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm from Connecticut and a family that's divided among NYY, NYM and Red Sox fans. Makes for some interesting conversations at this time of year.

I worked for years in Kenmore Square so I guess I acquired a fondness for the Sox back then. And I tell you what, I haven't watched them play this year but last year when they played the Mets they positively shone. They were a joy to watch in that series. I hope they put on as good a show in the playoffs.

Internet Cowboy
    Those poor Mets. I feel so bad for them.
    But, in the spirit of the thread, GO SOX!!!

I too have a place in my heart for the Cubs and wish them well. A Sox/Cubs World Series would be a win win for me.

How in the world do you choose a Manager of the Year in the NL?

Lou Pinella?
    Bob Melvin?
    Charlie Manual?
    Clint Hurdle? (addendum to my earlier post - Colorado went 13-1 the last 2 weeks)

In the AL, as great a job as Terry Francona and Mike Socsia (and even Joe Torre) did, I'd give it to Cleveland's Eric Wedge.

As far as Angels-Red Sox, the Angles got some key guys back the past month, and I don't know what they will do with their post-season roster, but after showing they were healthy for the first time this year, Bartolo Colon and Juan Rivera could make major contributions, as could Mike Napoli who had been on the DL most of the past couple of month.

I don't know how Colon would fit it - they're not going to mess with the big three (Lackey, Escobar, Weaver) and though Saunders has struggled lately, as Donuts said, he's 2-0 vs. BoSox this year. Rivera, though, could give them another big righthanded bat in Fenway.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    How in the world do you choose a Manager of the Year in the NL?

Lou Pinella?
    Bob Melvin?
    Charlie Manual?
    Clint Hurdle? (addendum to my earlier post - Colorado went 13-1 the last 2 weeks)

In the AL, as great a job as Terry Francona and Mike Socsia (and even Joe Torre) did, I'd give it to Cleveland's Eric Wedge.

As far as Angels-Red Sox, the Angles got some key guys back the past month, and I don't know what they will do with their post-season roster, but after showing they were healthy for the first time this year, Bartolo Colon and Juan Rivera could make major contributions, as could Mike Napoli who had been on the DL most of the past couple of month.
    Hurdle has to win it, as well as Wedge. Those guys deserve it this season. Melvin did a good job and won his division, but NO-ONE had the Rockies doing what they did. The Indians were a good team going into the season, but winning the pennant over the Tigers was a great feet for a young squad. Especially without the payroll of the Yanks and Sox.

As far as the Angles are concerned, they are a tough squad. However, lackey has a 7.46 career ERA at Fenway Park. I assume he will be pitching one of the first two games of the series. Saunders pitched well against us this past season, but he doesnt scare me at all. Colon is a donut away from a heart attack, and Weaver is a second year pitcher.

That being said, it will be a fantastic series. Both teams had great regular seasons and either can win it. Should be a lot of fun!
    Brent Elias

Colon is a donut away from a heart attack, and Weaver is a second year pitcher.
    I don't know the BoSox rotation for the series but I would think in a likely game three matchup, I would take the 2d year Weaver over the 107-year-old Tim Wakefield.

Colon has been eyeing that "last donut" since long before his Cy Young in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I don't know the BoSox rotation for the series but I would think in a likely game three matchup, I would take the 2d year Weaver over the 107-year-old Tim Wakefield.

Colon has been eyeing that "last donut" since long before his Cy Young in 2005.
    Josh Beckett(potential cy young award winer), Curt Schilling(Post season hero), and Daisuke Matsuzaka(not sure what he is going to bring to the table for the postseason, but I cant wait to watch). Wakefield may pitch game 4, depends on whether or not it is an elimination game or not. if it is, you'd better believe Beckeett will get the nod.

From a bullpen prospective, The Sox had the best bullpen in the league all year long. They hit a very bad patch in September, but have recently rebounded and righted the ship. With Okajima coming back from a tired shoulder, manny delcarmen doing his best Mike timlin circa 2004 impression, and Papelbon holding down the ninth inning, our pitching is looking quite strong going into the post season.

These are the best all around teams in the AL, which is why I am nervous as hell about this series. I'm just hoping for a repeat sweep of the 2004 ALDS.
    Brent Elias

>> They hit a very bad patch in September

Don't remind me. I've still got a nervous tick that I'm pretty sure was caused by Gagne.

I can't wait for Wednesday and this whole thing to get started.

Yeah. Gagne. Man alive.

What a horrible disappointment he was.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I too have a place in my heart for the Cubs and wish them well. A Sox/Cubs World Series would be a win win for me.
    It's a shame that the White Sox and Cubs can't pull together decent seasons in the same year. A White Sox/ Cubs World Series would be awesome.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    A White Sox/ Cubs World Series would be awesome.
    Now that's just downright greedy!

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    Now that's just downright greedy!
    When you've been denied pleasure for so long you tend to want to it all.

-rematt

"Chicago, home of more dog teams than the Yukon"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Since I have no great love for baseball and the Dodgers are out of the running, I'll root for the SOX just for you Brent. :-)

GO SOX!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Since I have no great love for baseball and the Dodgers are out of the running, I'll root for the SOX just for you Brent. :-)

GO SOX!
    Blushing in Boston. You can probably see the glow all the way over there on the West Coast.

Thanks for the support Rexanne!
    Brent Elias

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Blushing in Boston. You can probably see the glow all the way over there on the West Coast.

Thanks for the support Rexanne!
    You're very welcome. Gives me something to be happy about baseball for. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast