ABW Ambassador
    Cross-Account Correlation
    https://www.cj.com/faq_cross_account.html

Which is good. I notice Performics already does this. For instance, I have links up to Yves Rocher and if someone goes over to their Canadian site, I've been getting paid commissions on that, even tho I don't have any Yves Rocher Canada links up. Also noticed it with all the Redcat merchants over there, Woman Within, Jessican London, Chadwicks etc.

ABW Ambassador
    So what we need to do to paticipate in this Cross-Account Correlation thing? I was reading the FAQs earlier but seems like we don't really need to do anything at this point.

ABW Ambassador
    This has the potential to be a tremendous benefit to affiliates, but I don't see how it benefits merchants. In fact, it seems that it could hurt merchants, causing them to pay a commission to an affiliate who didn't actually make a referral.

If someone has an affiliate cookie on their computer and during the return day period they make a purchase through a cross-account merchant, I will earn a commission that I didn't make a referral for. It could also cause the merchant to pay a commission on natural search results.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    This has the potential to be a tremendous benefit to affiliates, but I don't see how it benefits merchants. In fact, it seems that it could hurt merchants, causing them to pay a commission to an affiliate who didn't actually make a referral.

If someone has an affiliate cookie on their computer and during the return day period they make a purchase through a cross-account merchant, I will earn a commission that I didn't make a referral for. It could also cause the merchant to pay a commission on natural search results.

What am I missing?
    Snowman, What you might be missing is that some of the merchants mentioned have leaks going to their other stores so in fact IMO, it is fair to give affiliates commissions. JMO of course An Example at the bottom of the page:

http://www.jessicalondon.com/plus-si...x?DeptId=10325

Trust, thanks for the heads up on that

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Using JessicaLondon isn't a great example, as it's on performics...

But assuming it was on CJ, and I belonged to all the RedTags EXCEPT Chadwicks... and someone click thru WomenWithin to Chadwicks... would I still get a commish?
    Last edited by Billy Kay; October 1st, 2007 at 09:41 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Their announcement says it's originally for it's chosen few favorite affiliates, and will roll out to the rest of us at a future date... right?
    No.
    The Cross-Account Correlation pilot program is currently limited to a small number of participating advertisers. Cross-Account Correlation is available to any publisher who has an active relationship with an advertiser participating in the pilot program.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Thanks Snowman

I got an email from one of my automotive merchants about promoting boatersworld. Had no idea what they were talking about.

I'll check tomorrow. Maybe they're one of those crosss dressing merchants - er... cross accounting correlation merchants

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Using JessicaLondon isn't a great example, as it's on performics...
    Billy, the point I was trying to make is that it is fair. If a merchant be it on CJ or Performics has leaks out to their other sites IMO we should receive credit for those other store sales.

An example on CJ would be http://www.extremehalloweennetwork.net/ that has several different sites. In their case they DO pay commissions I believe on orders from any of their sites. Maybe I am missing something though

http and a telephoto
    There is a way for merchants to have cross cookies count on Shareasale too. It's up to the merchants to do the techy things needed to implement it. Nice to see CJ catch up. Hope merchants that are linking to each other have it figured out in advance and find a way to let affiliates know it's working.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman

What am I missing?
    Yahoo already does this by having all of their properties under one affiliate program. In fact, I'd say that CJ is pretty much stealing from Yahoo for this - If an affiliate sends a user to a fantasy football signup page, why does the affiliate rightfully deserve commission for a web hosting package purchased at a later point in the cookie duration? From a merchant's end, nothing like this should ever be done, unless the products/sites are linked from the same page (like if GoToMyPC links to GoToMeeting on their CJ landing page). Who knows why Yahoo decided to close down the HotJobs & Search Marketing separate programs and merge them into one, but I guess it was an idea by CJ's marketing team to get more fees.

It benefits merchants in several ways.

For one, affiliates working with one of a merchant's programs but who haven't got active with the others will be much more likely to get active in programs where they start seeing sales generated.

For another, it gives merchants a competitive advantage with affiliates that their competitors may not have.

I know that a lot of times we only see the bad things that merchants do, but most merchants actually want affiliates to get credited for all sales that they generate.

Now we just need to start asking merchants with multiple properties to activate this feature.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Now we just need to start asking merchants with multiple properties to activate this feature.
    Does this mean that Dell Home / Dell SMB will track jointly? In that case it'd be great (and I wouldn't be surprised if CJ got moving on this because of that). I know affiliates have been complaining to Dell forever about this.

How many merchants would even take advantage of this, though? Off the top of my head, Dell seems like the largest potential user of this.

Dell is definitely the one who needs it most, but as far as I know they're not using it yet. Affiliates definitely need to write in and suggest/recommend that they activate it. I'm sure there are significant internal hurdles, and that they won't bother pursuing it unless there is broad demand for it.

There are definitely merchants asking for it and who are (will be?) using it. I'm fairly sure that the feature was actually requested by merchants.

Reading the FAQ, it looks like it's in a limited pilot right now. I have a feeling that any merchant who asked to use it could get in, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

If anyone has a list of merchants that are participating in this program, could you please post them here. It would be nice if all the ebay companies would participate, easier to make links. Every ebay, CA, AU, UK has separate links, would be easier if I could use the same link for all of them.

Half.com and eBay are the ones that I wish would implement this program. Every Half.com page has eBay links on it. I requested this feature and criticized Half.com/eBay for not having it about one year ago.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread