Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fitness program
    Hello,
    I thought it would be a nice idea to post your program that keeps you fit
    My program to keep me fit is playing three times a week basketball, If I have the time i go out and run or you will find me at the gym.

Keeping an eye on the diet, swimming three times a week, sit-ups and push-ups throughout the day.

Geno

What sort of diet?
    or you're just watching out what to eat?

I'm running for an hour every morning, I've changed my diet, eliminating all simple carbs (except on my "refeed" day, when any type of food is OK) and increasing protein intake a lot, and I'm doing weight training with two days of rest in between.

I've lost 43 pounds in a hair over 4 months. +/- 17 to go.

Where do you run?
    Outdoor or on in the gym on a cardiomachine?

I live in a nice neighborhood. I run a few blocks down to a park with an outdoor ampitheatre. I run the stairs until my legs are wobbly, then walk a block or two before finishing the rest of the hour. I take a slightly different route through the neighborhood each day.

If the weather is nasty in the morning, I run in the evening. If it's still bad in the evening, I skip a day. No crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by derrekmay
    What sort of diet?
    or you're just watching out what to eat?
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=92151

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Has anyone seen ExerciseTV? It comes free on my On Demand channel that I get through Comcast here in Philly. I use their exercise programs (cardio, strength, tone) whenever I can't make it to the gym just so I know I'm doing something. I was always one of those people who didn't like the exercise videos because I would get bored after a while doing the same old thing, plus I would plateau. But these have been cool because there's a lot of different programs to use and since its on demand, i don't have to start it in the middle or something as is usually the case if I catch a good program on tv.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

It's still nothing for me
    I'd prefer to go to the gym instead of doing excercises infront of my television.

I do cardio 7 - 10 hours a week, lol! Plus weights 2+ hours a week. I started in January running in three minute spurts, so I have come a long way, baby!

Yes indeed!
    Also your mental conditions improves if you are working out in the gym and see some results.

I have to admit I favor the gym also because I immerse myself in my purpose. Cell phone must stay in the car. Nothing cheeses me more than seeing somebody in JEANS casually pedaling away on an exercise bike while they are talking on the phone. It is actually motivation for me.

Go to the gym, put on my headphones, and I am on a mission.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

that's the way how it should be..
    Train the muscles but also try to relax yourselfs.

Right, I prefer the gym because I can go there and work out and and not be bugged by people. If you live with people, you will understand what I mean (phone, kids needing something, dog barking, etc....) I get VERY immersed in my ipod as well, it really helps make exercise enjoyable.
    Last edited by Anne; October 4th, 2007 at 08:18 AM.

I hear allot of you use an Ipod or some other thing to listen music, but al the wires don't they anoy you wilhe you do your excercises?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I hear allot of you use an Ipod or some other thing to listen music, but al the wires don't they annoy you while you do your exercises?
    Nah...the trick is to get it set up so the wires aren't jiggling all over the place. I just wind up the extra wire length and put it wherever I've stashed the player, leaving a few inches free so I have full motion.

It takes a couple of attempts to get right (if you don't leave enough room, the earbuds/phones will end up yanked out of your ears), but once you've figured out the proper length of cord to leave free, you're all set.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I'd rather listen to the music they play in the gym
    Or just go to the gym when it isn't overcrowded...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The problem with the gym here is that they play (what I consider to be) lousy music, so drowning it out with my own tunes makes things more pleasant.

But if you like the house music, then of course it'd beat bringing your own.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Isn't there an option that you ask to play some music from your own?
    Ofcourse if it is verry crowded they won't accept it but if there aren't to many people, tey wouldn't deny your proposal

I hear allot of you use an Ipod or some other thing to listen music, but al the wires don't they anoy you wilhe you do your excercises?
    I guess you have to figure out a system. I run the wire down the inside back of my shirt after I put the earbuds in, and I have a zippered pocket on the right side of my sweatpants I put the ipod in, and zip it, so once I am 'hooked up' it is flawless. I see people with armbands and stuff that look pretty cumbersome. I also see people with cd players, how funny, lol! Having my OWN music is much more motivating though, I would never want to be stuck listening to whatever the gym has playing. I have thousands of songs to choose from my way

yep, but aslong as the gym plays good songs I don't have anny problems with that

Then get your butt to the gym and exercise this morning, haha!

Seriously ... Get off your ass for your daily dose of endorphins!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I used to be a gym rat sometimes twice a day! I unfortunately turned to into a 200lb, short, chubbly, bald guy. Hey hindsights 20/20. Here's the best part of was 220lbs dropped backed to 185lbs (then I got lazy again or Hungry) back up to 220lbs (sick of being gross) I'm now back to 195 going for 175. Here's how:

This is not overnight it takes time you get fat overnight you get skinny over months. I'm not to gym ambitious anymore so it hinders me but I'll give you the secret to losing an easy 25lbs.

Eat Right & Eat Often

6meals a day
    no pop, no juice, only water. (oh you don't like water who are you bs ing around here you never gave it a chance throw everything out in your fridge and when waters all there is Trust me you'll love it)
    yogurt
    smoothies
    lean meats (chicken, fish, pasta)
    Carbs- you need em don't believe the their bad for you hype. Thats something people who only talk about losing weight say. Do switch to wheat though the starch is bad in white and also causes cavities.

Now the best part:

You only have to do this M-S/ Sunday is your day to pig out and eat pizza, cookies, cake, junk food, & treat yourself to a soda you BS-er, but it probably won't taste good anymore!

How manny times do you guys go to the gym?
    I always try to go every day except on wendsday and ofcourse sunday.
    in these periods my body gets the rest that is neccesarry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast