Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Find Your Presidential Candidate
    Answer a few questions, then click the "find your candidate button" and the program selects the candidate who's position on the issues is most like your own:

Find Your Candidate

(When I tried it, the result was close to 100% accurate.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Great tool! But has anyone been surprised by the results? I think here on ABW anyway, we're opinionated and educated enough that we know where we stand on all of the issues and where most of the candidates stand.

I was surprised to see that I disagreed with all of my party's candidates on at least one issue (not the same one[s] for each candidate) and that I agreed with at least one issue (and in one case almost half of the issues!) with all of the other candidates. For me, all of the candidates in my party were ranked higher than the other candidates.

And speaking of opinionated, let me just remind those who respond to be respectful of those various opinions. If the thread goes down the path to divisive attacks, it'll be closed or deleted.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Wow great site! Thanks AH!

I vote by my gut and my favored candidate was 2nd on the list. Had no idea about the first one but now I'll research him better. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

It came out exactly the way I plan to vote- with me being matched with Fred Thompson.

I guess it is out of the bag now that I am an ultra right wing conservative!

I was surprised to see that I disagreed with all of my party's candidates on at least one issue
    Same here- we disagreed on immigration which surprised me as that is one of his biggest/strictest issues.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    No big surprises. John Edwards is my candidate.

I'm surprised at the accuracy. It picked my top 2 choices and transposed my third and fourth choices.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I vote by my gut and my favored candidate was 2nd on the list. Had no idea about the first one but now I'll research him better. :-)
    Scarry, me too but I won't research the first one my guy is the #2.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

1, 2, & 3 - all in the right order.

Sad that one of the people that I disagree with the most is a long time Senator from my home state.

Sheri
    x6772

Well, I now know who I am voting for! After taking the quiz, I found that I actually agree with three candidates. Amazing!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Didn't know my #1. Gut feel was for #2 anyway. Overall pretty accurate. But if candidates have clear positions on the issues it should be easy to identify the one that most closely mirrors your own opinion.

Unfortunately once elected many candidates forget what they originally said on the campaign trail.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    My match was someone I never heard of

Each of the major candidates that I'd heard of all got a score of 13 - a tie

A 13 means we disagreed on just about everything - LOL

So as always, my vote will go to the lesser of 2 evils

Internet Cowboy
    My candidate was the #3 candidate on my list. This survey does not take into account the "electability" of the candidates.
    I factor that in to my vote. I will usually not vote for someone who I think will not win the general election if they get the nod from the party.

Amazingly, I have many things in common with candidates from the opposing party. I think many Americans do and I think this campaign will not be so divided among party lines for that reason.

This quiz proved what I knew all along. My party and candidate hasn't been invented yet.

It was worthwhile to see who the passable ones were though.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Agree with UncleScooter, my #1 is someone I would have easily supported in the past, but today I'm not sure he is electable, let alone nominateable. (is that a word?)

I've not made up my mind but I suppose like Billy Kay. I'll end up voting for my lesser of the two evils.

Money is just too influential in the process today.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Great site ! I didn't agree with who they chose for me. My candidate was listed 7th

No big surprise here either. Whether or not my preferred candidate could win a general election is another story.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    This is cool. It narrowed it down to the person I would most likely vote for.

I do not vote party, I vote for whom I think will have the U.S. citizens best interest at heart and not their own or their partners. It is a character issue for me first, and then the rest fall into line accordingly. It is somewhat tough judging the character of a man or woman that you have never met nor heard a unique thought come from. Maybe that is what's wrong with our system, the people that have the most money and best advertisers(campaign strategists) are elected President. Does it seem a bit wierd that this is how a person is elected in this country? Based on how they read a teleprompter, and who can reach more people because they own a private jet. Even the debate system is prepared for in full, curveballs are rarely seen. There is no real way to tell if a person has what it takes to lead the most powerful country in the world.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.

I do not vote party, I vote for whom I think will have the U.S. citizens best interest at heart and not their own or their partners. It is a character issue for me first, and then the rest fall into line accordingly. There is no real way to tell if a person has what it takes to lead the most powerful country in the world.
    Amen. Same here. The quote in your sig says it all:

"GOD grant that men of principle shall be our principle men" - Thomas Jefferson
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    This was cool - I had my husband take it too. Thankfully there won't be too much fighting in our house as we ended up with the same candidate without even sharing our answers. That's a match made in heaven :-) I agree with the electability point though - the second choice they gave me I never even heard of and I doubt he'll make it out the gate.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

I haven't really 'picked' anybody yet, but it was nice to see all of my 'chosen party' at the top, and all of the other party listed below them. Although, one of my 'possible picks' was nearly at the bottom of the top- listed candidates. I only disagree with the top-listed candidate on 2 things. However one of them I feel pretty damn strongly about, and the other I'm somewhat indifferent.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Wink
    Mine said Ann Coulter for President and Bill O'Reilly for vice-President.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I was very surprised by my top two. And just so you know I had several candidates who scored 1 and several more who scored under 4
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

This was pretty cool tool. I like that it shows some major issues. The ones that topped my list were people I am really unfamiliar with.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread