Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    20K in 20 Days - A scam?
    I've been seeing some buzz on a few newsletters I'm subscribed to about Michael Green's make $20,000 in 20 day challenge.

For the very low cost of about $247 he'll tell you how to do it. From what I understand there's a money back guarantee.

What do you guys think of this?

I'll save my opinions for later.

If it sounds to good to be true....

A fool and his money...
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    If he gets just 80 of you to signup, he will indeed make $20K, but in far less time.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    You're really not serious, are you?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Serious about the offer?- yes, that's what it says.

Serious about wanting to know what people think? - heck yes! I just want to make sure I'm not crazy for thinking this is absolutely ridiculous.

ABW Ambassador
    You can't help but smell a scam with a statement like "20K in 20 days". I would avoid.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Just think about it. If someone really had a way for people to easily make $20,000 in 20 days why tell anyone about. Just do it over and over yourself.

I wouldn't give it a moment of your time or consideration.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Here is my honest take on his product:

1). When you know an AWESOME secret, the sane and business savvy person would be very reluctant to share this information with anyone but the closest of friends and family members (if even that). The second someone has a "great" idea they want to sell me, I immediately tune out. I've been around too much in this realm to know that you need to keep legitimate good ideas to yourself. After all, why create more competition for yourself? Even when you sell such ideas, you are still creating competition.That tells me, anyone willing to sell their awesome ideas usually already knows they DON'T WORK.

2). His guarantee about making a certain amount of money and then refunding it if you don't: These kinds of guarantees are often never kept, the merchant depends on his customers to not take him up on it, and the worst ones could even disappear never to be seen again once you make your purchase (no replies to emails for example).

3). I would be wary of the testimonials. None of them seem verifiable. If someone is already lying in their sales letter, why trust them at all.

4). After searching through various articles about his product, nothing about it appears unique. Nothing but the same ol' same ol'. I guarantee you the stuff he tells you to do for $250 can be found in a similar product for $50.

I'm not going to spend any more time on this because 99% of these kinds of programs that come along are all the same hype over and over again.
    Last edited by lookingfortips; October 2nd, 2007 at 04:24 PM.

Another thing I just noticed- it seems you can only purchase his product through PayPal .

Question: Is this a digital product? The sales page was very vague. When I tested it by starting the check out process, I noticed no shipping fee came up so I am assuming it is a digital product (correct me if I'm wrong).

Although PayPal offers buyer protection (you can get your money back if the item never arrives), digital products are never allowed refunds even if you were ripped off without a question. Unlike a credit card, you cannot call in and dispute the charge or have the charge removed.

It is also weird because PayPal's default check out system allows the customer to either pay with their paypal account or with their credit card if they are not a Pay Pal member. However, this program has the credit card option deactivated.

So... I would be careful with this one. It is almost as if they purposely set it up where you could not get a refund if the seller reneged on the "guarantee."

Again, I quickly looked over everything just to help you out but if I was wrong with something, please correct me.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    I've been seeing some buzz on a few newsletters I'm subscribed to about Michael Green's make $20,000 in 20 day challenge.

For the very low cost of about $247 he'll tell you how to do it. From what I understand there's a money back guarantee.

What do you guys think of this?

I'll save my opinions for later.
    I think whoever pays that deserves to lose their money.

Wink
    I am in the process of selling the Brooklyn Bridge.

It is ONLY $20,000 DOLLARS.

You can put up toll booths on each end of it - AND EVEN IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.

If you set your toll fee high enough - YOU CAN CHARGE EACH CUSTOMER THREE TIME FOR EACH TRIP OVER IT.

1. TO ENTER THE BRIDGE.

2. TO PROCEED PAST THE MIDDLE OF THE BRIDGE TO GET TO THE OTHER END OF IT.

3. TO EXIT THE BRIDGE.

If your toll fee is high enough you can get all of your money back that you bought the bridge for - IN LESS THAN ONE DAY.

For more information e-mail me at: ismellasucker @ youarestupidandeasy. com

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Listen to what everyone here is telling you. It's a load of crap. This is just another scammer looking for people stupid enough to send their money and lazy enough to think that there's a shortcut to making money.

Keep your money. You'll learn more here in 20 days if you read enough. You may not make $20K in 20 days, but you won't be out $247 either.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I saw an ebook that promissed you will get free google ads worth $100M/year. I geuss many people fall for this kind of ebooks, and in the end they never give you any secret out.

Imagine if you would earn that kind of money, would you share that secret for $250?

It's something like people that used to earn a lot of money, and after some time that tehnique is not worth anything, they start writing an ebook, and sell it, and earn even more money.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    An e-book or newsletter shouldn't cost any more than a comparable print book.

I don't plan on buying this product, I never did. I just wanted to know what others thought about it since I've been seeing it all over the place.

My money would be better spent on hiring more content writers.

Cool
    Are you sure you don't want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge??

It is a REAL GOOD DEAL.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    I don't plan on buying this product, I never did. I just wanted to know what others thought about it since I've been seeing it all over the place.

My money would be better spent on hiring more content writers.
    You have to understand that the people hyping it up do so in turn to get their own products hyped up. It's buddy promotion. They know there is a big market out there of people who want to get rich quick and they tap it. It's getting tapped because people are gullible and buy this stuff. And that market will always be there. So maybe it's good they lose their money if that's the only way they'll learn. Sometimes they have to lose it a few times before they do, some never do. You know who might make 20K in 20 days? The person selling the product, that's it.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    The Usual Cycle Goes:

- E-marketer finds a "system" that actually does make money, for a short time anyway.
    - System quickly peters out.
    - E-marketer initially markets the petered-out "system" by flashing previous payment reports.
    - E-marketer markets the BIG money system by flashing ebook-earning payment reports for earnings from selling the "system".

This is the best-case scenario that assumes they had something going in the first place.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I did some more digging. Although I know the original author said he was not interested in the product after all, I still like to investigate scams. lol

Does this look like a pyramid scheme to anyone else? I ran a site-limited Google search and found THIS page.

It takes you to an excel spread sheet. To me it looks like you basically make money by posting the same ad (or a similar ad promising $20,000 in 20 days). Once those people buy the product, you can make "$20,000 in 20 days" by selling a product which tells your possible customers they can make $20,000 in 20 days. The cycle repeats itself and the pyramid grows.

If it was strictly an affiliate marketing how to book, I don't think his sample income figures would be identical like they are.

Looks like a pyramid scheme to me.

Come on guy this is ridiculous if you go for this then you might as well sign up for every real-estate gurus seminar on late night television. There is no such thing as easy money. This thread should be archived in the HALL OF FAME.

For the very low cost of about $247 he'll tell you how to do it.
    If he can get 81 suckers to sign up in 20 days, he can just say "hey do what I did"

Don't think we have to acuse everybody of being a scam artist, maybe his intentions are good...
    But I also find it verry hard to believe.
    I would say test it out and see for yourself, you only learn things by making mistakes

Um, how is this for a question, how much of internet/affiliate marketing is based on these sort of scheme.

I've read a lot (returned a lot too). Many were just blinding flashes of the obvious.

Does anyone want to bet that the system instructs people to go out and sell people on the idea of making money by selling them a system them the same system

These types of things have nothing to do with affiliate marketing. It's just a scam, pure and simple.

Perhaps the better question is: What percent of get rich quick ebooks are based on these types of scams?

The answer: Close to 100%.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast