Outsourced Program Manager Connie Burstin's Avatar
    Last edited by Trust; October 2nd, 2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: announcement
    Connie Burstin -
    [URL=http://www.burstingroup.com]Burstin Marketing Group[/URL]
    Affiliate Management | Copywriting | Translations | Designs
    MSN: connieburstin-at-hotmail.com
    Email: [email]cburstin@burstingroup.com[/email]

ABW is not the best place to attract matchmaking and dating affiliates, Connie, but good luck...

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't say that, I have those type of programs myself.

But we have to keep the announcements in the announcement forum:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...154#post747154

why post a thread with a link to another thread?

ABW Ambassador
    It didn't show up that it was edited, now it did. There was already an announcement in the paid announcement forum, I just put the link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I wouldn't say that, I have those type of programs myself...
    There you go!! You live, you learn...

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Wow. I just saw that website on TV the other day on a news show, because it's for married people who want to cheat. They mentioned most of those signed up are men, so makes sense the site is offering extra to get women leads, LOL.

because it's for married people who want to cheat.
    This is nothing new. They just have the sense to use this angle for their pitch. It's not as if Adultfriendfinder and other well-known programs don't target and reach that particular demographic. And many of the well-established programs also do pay extra for female signups. Not much different than nightclubs who have a policy of "ladies no cover charge".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Hardaka, can you please cite a confirmable source for that comment you made about this merchant's program. I think confirmation, in this case, would be necessary for this accusation to stick to ANY degree whatsoever.

I've never heard of them, not defending them at all - if anything, am defending you and your credibility by suggesting a confirming source is needed.

However, if infidelity is targeted, apparently there's a large market to be "tapped" (poor choice of words, could NOT help myself!):
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Approximately 20-25% of men and 10-15% of women engage in extramarital sex at least once during their marriage and infidelity has been found to be the single most cited cause of divorce in over 150 cultures."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resou...tml#Infidelity
    Last edited by Donuts; October 3rd, 2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelled Hardaka wrong

ABW Ambassador
    Just have to look at the site, it's right in their title tag.

Married Dating - Affairs - Married Woman - Extramarital Affair

http://www.ashleymadison.com/

Media Page
    http://www.ashleymadison.com/app/public/media/index.p

etc.

"When Monogamy become Monotony" is in their headline banner.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    Whoops, too slow in replying. But thanks for trying to cover my back donuts.

News report I saw was about the billboard they put up, got a lot of people unhappy, but got them national attention. Goes along with the saying, no publicity is bad publicity, lol.

davidh -> Oh true, I had just found it amusing I saw the report and its mention of how many more men than women there were, and then saw that. I really haven't looked into dating affiliation so didn't know most sites offer that though, lol.

Just have to look at the site, it's right in their title tag.

Married Dating - Affairs - Married Woman - Extramarital Affair

http://www.ashleymadison.com/

Media Page
    http://www.ashleymadison.com/app/public/media/index.p

etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rematt
    "When Monogamy become Monotony" is in their headline banner.

-rematt
    WHOA!!! Not to get on a moral high horse but I wouldn't promote such a product even if it paid $1 MILLION per lead.

Yes I am being judgmental but for crying out loud. I have some serious issues with that. Furthermore, it's plain sad if it represents the sign of our times.

I know there are other companies out there that are similar to this one but if I was to promote this, I would be welcoming karma to kick me in the butt by having Hubby sign up for this service.

EDIT: it also says as seen on Dr. Phil? I cannot imagine him promoting this. If it was mentioned on his program at all, judging by his audience, I would assume it was to speak against it.

Quote Originally Posted by lookingfortips
    WHOA!!! Not to get on a moral high horse but I wouldn't promote such a product even if it paid $1 MILLION per lead.

Yes I am being judgmental but for crying out loud. I have some serious issues with that. Furthermore, it's plain sad if it represents the sign of our times.

I know there are other companies out there that are similar to this one but if I was to promote this, I would be welcoming karma to kick me in the butt by having Hubby sign up for this service.
    You'd definitely have to change your handle .

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    "EDIT: it also says as seen on Dr. Phil? I cannot imagine him promoting this. If it was mentioned on his program at all, judging by his audience, I would assume it was to speak against it."

I actually watched that show lol, that was over 2 years ago when I lived out in the middle of nowhere and my gf at the time didn't believe in the modern conveniences like cable and broadband etc.

No, they pretty much got hammered on the show.

Good.

But this would be like me saying my company was featured on CNN... but leaving out the part that it was because my skin care products caused horrible sores from head to toe!

Ok, I'm going to excuse myself from this discussion before my soap box becomes permanently attached to my feet.

ABW Ambassador
    Just think of all the good you could do with a million a lead

Just think of all the good you could do with a million a lead
    Of course! I could start my own "Online Cheaters Investigation Firm."

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    well the title tag, banner and other stuff mentioned here tells me i shoulda looked around for 1-2 seconds and seen it was obviously a sticky assertion, thanks to several of you for covering that base.

i'd assume, but don't really know and haven't surveyed them, that most dating sites allow you to join even if you're married and allow you to be introduced to others who know your status...

pedophiles no doubt buy bank checks and i sell those...

somewhere, for me, there's a scale of the degree to which the merchant is causing or facilitating something i may disagree with... in this case, knowing many who have cheated, my moral alarm bells don't ring here - I'd promote these folks, and other dating folks, and i'd conventiently assume that the majority of users can make their own decisions about how they use the service. i don't happen to do anything with any dating stuff, never have, maybe i've also stayed away from it a little because there's so many others "easier" things to choose from.

but i can also see affs who choose to stay away from something like this. i see mainly black and white, but here i do see grey spaces as well.

ps - i promote cigarettes online... if someone wants to corner me about my morals for argument's sake, cigs would be tougher for me to defend than any dating site, even this one with a slant towards cheating. at least in the dating thing, i can escape my own rigidity with knowledge of the likelihood plenty of users at the dating site who aren't doing anything i'd consider wrong or bad... at the cigarette side of things, there's no such escape.

pss - should I have such an argument with any here, i'd prefer that we discuss it over a beer, preferably in a lounge that allows me to smoke while we chat...

:-)

ABW Ambassador
    Kind of like, "Hey, if people are going to do this vice anyway, might as well profit from it?" Ohh.. that just sounds wrong, but could be good business sense, LOL.
    I'm sure the website loved getting on Dr. Phil. What good does hammering it do? If someone is going to have an affair, and they catch this show, they'd be like, "Oh wow, they have a wesbite like that?! Hurray!" Or something along those lines.

This does bring up the point of, how good is it to use outrage as one of your advertising methods? Been thinking of creating a thread about that, don't want to pull this thread OT, but keeping it bumped is advertising.. in a way, lol.

Talking
    ps - i promote cigarettes online... if someone wants to corner me about my morals for argument's sake, cigs would be tougher for me to defend than any dating site,
    I don't promote cigarettes online, because cigarettes are suppose to be bad for other people's health, but I still do buy them, and smoke them.

pss - should I have such an argument with any here, i'd prefer that we discuss it over a beer, preferably in a lounge that allows me to smoke while we chat...
    Don't worry about having such an argument with me, about smoking in front of me, even if I have quitted smoking by the time we met one day. I am not of those that after they quit smoking, become the worse people to smoke next to them.

Psss - keep the beers in the cooler just in case, but in the mean time... enjoy your vice.

Outsourced Program Manager Connie Burstin's Avatar
    Hello,

Sorry for the double post.

Ashley Madison has now reached an EPC of $23.22 USD over the first 3 months in CJ.com
    Connie Burstin -
    [URL=http://www.burstingroup.com]Burstin Marketing Group[/URL]
    Affiliate Management | Copywriting | Translations | Designs
    MSN: connieburstin-at-hotmail.com
    Email: [email]cburstin@burstingroup.com[/email]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread