Question Sony Guarantee Fixes -- Turnaround Time?
    Has anyone here had to deal with fixing a laptop/desktop that's on a guarantee with Sony?

Something is wrong with the keyboard on my Vaio laptop, and I'm wondering how long it may take for them them fix is within the U.S. (where I will be for only 5 business days).

Thanks,

Geno

CPA Network Rep
    Geno,

Speaking from experience....

Do not opt for Sony's in-house service if they give that as an option. The in-house service is provided thru an outsourced company they contract with. I had a Sony computer FUBAR right in front of my eyes. I will say Sony did make right by the situation ultimately. So you will for sure need to send it in and I am pretty sure it will take more than 5 days.

You might want to check your local CompUSA out. If they are a certified service center for Sony, perhaps they can do the repair.

-=Chipmunk=-
    [B]Matthew "Chipmunk" Sclier[/B]
    Affiliate Relations Manager
    [B]E-Mail:[/B] [email=matthew@leadflash.com]matthew@leadflash.com[/email]
    [B]Phone:[/B] (561) 499-3329 ext.126
    [B]AIM/Y!:[/B] ChipmunkLF l [B]ICQ: [/B] 48437188
    [URL=http://www.leadflash.com/855122D5-967E-4CAD-AE2B-F56DD265219C/refer.aspx]LeadFlash.com[/URL]: 100% Exclusive Cash Advance Offers

I can't speak for Sony, but HP never even came close to a 5-day turnaround the numerous times I've had to send my HP laptops in for repair.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Don't know about Sony yet but the CompUSA extended plan is pretty worthless if you actually use your laptop. My VAIO battery won't take a charge so I contact CompUSA since I bought the extended coverage. I told the guy I use this for business and shipping it anywhere is out of the question. I also told him I bought another battery and it charges fine so it's not the laptop's charging system.

After a few days, I heard back from CompUSA and they said I had to ship my laptop to them and it would be out a couple weeks. I explained the situation again and told them to just test the battery. If it was good, then that's the end of it. If not, they could replace it. They refuse to check the battery without the laptop. So, their extended plan is worthless to me. For the price of a battery they lost thousands $ a year in sales since I won't waste any more money in their store.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thanks, guys. Gives me some food for thought... Hard food to digest, but thank you.

Geno

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread