Would you join Linkshare again?
    I just started trying to promote a linkshare merchant and am getting discouraged by the reports situation as well as what I've read on this forum.

Do you guys think, if you had the decision to do over again, would you affiliate with linkshare merchants or would you choose merchants on other networks?

It's just really striking the how different the atmosphere is on the SAS board and this board.

ABW Ambassador
    If that's where the merchant you want to work with is, you don't really have a choice. If you want Office Depot on your site, then it's Linkshare.

Would you join Linkshare again?
    Yes! All networks have their quirks and problems. I select the merchants that have products that work for my sites and have found these merchants on all of the major networks. I wish they were all in one place but they are not and I would be missing a whole lot of opportunities if I only worked with one network.

Tax Paying Member
    As long as they send me checks.........We can compromise on the quality of their reports.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

I have to agree with Witzer.
    The good thing about Linkshare is that it has many merchants that sell brand names that people have heard of and trust. People recognize the merchant names and in some cases that can be a plus.
    I create the affiliate "ads/links" from specific product images and Linkshare's advanced capability that allows you to surf the merchant's site and create specific product links is fantastic.
    Create a mix of networking affiliate relationships with CJ, Linkshare & SAS.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

There's a ton of room for improvement on LinkShare (and CJ and Performics), but as Trust said, if you want to work with certain merchants, you have to go through the networks they work with.

I wouldn't hesitate to join LinkShare again.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Same here. I'm there because I have to be. There are a couple of merchants that I work with that are LS exclusive.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes I would. As frustrated as I am with the reports, I have found some awesome programs for my site - and they are converting well.

I also like the new payment schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    If that's where the merchant you want to work with is, you don't really have a choice. If you want Office Depot on your site, then it's Linkshare.
    Exactly. If a merchant is with LinkShare, you can say with a 99.9% certainty that they are exclusively with LinkShare. So there really is no other choice if you want to promote that particular merchant.

Geno

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I guess it's up to me to break up the row of yesses.

For me, the answer is HELL NO! My worst experiences with a network can be summed up in two letters:
    LS.

I stopped using them years ago, and no, I most adamantly do not want another dose.

The reason for this animosity? Why I'd like a meteor to land right on their building??
    PAYMENT. Or rather, lack of it, and nothing but smug arrogance when I complained. Also, to this day, there are threads about slow/no payment.

I ran into so many deadbeats when I used LS that now if a merchant uses them, it strikes me about the same as if some merchant said they used the Gambino Family for contract negotiation.

Not to mention other things that aren't always immediately apparent. If there's a new low to be reached by a network, you can count on LS figuring out a way to hit it. For instance, what kind of network lets merchants set a .10-day cookie (apparently just so it doesn't come up 0 return days)?! The LinkShare kind!

Leader,

Does that mean you are off of Linkshare Christmas card list?

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by shoelover
    Leader,

Does that mean you are off of Linkshare Christmas card list?
    I suppose so. Either that, or they'll promise me one, and then claim that they told Hallmark to send it, then Hallmark will say that LinkShare was supposed to do that (and on and on)...

And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE I'll get one in November of the next year!

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    If you are not willing to partner with Linkshare, CJ or Performics than you leave a huge variety of top notch merchants out of your mix.

All of those networks could do much better. But in this business you need them all in my opinion. Or at least some of the merchants in each.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

CJ = yes
    Performics = yes
    LS = No

No physical store has everything and my sites don't either; if people want to deal with LS merchants they'll either have to go elsewhere...

Or be typically lazy shoppers, and just take what I'm offering rather than go through the trouble of searching further.

ABW Ambassador
    Wink Sending Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    As long as they send me checks.........We can compromise on the quality of their reports.
    The best thing LS has done in the last few years is stop sending checks and combining payments into an ACH transfer.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    CJ Yes
    Performics Yes
    SAS Yes
    LS No

Search my posts from the LS system switchover debacle days for further info.

I still have money stuck there, I think.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread