Local High School Football on ESPN2
    ESPN has rolled down to South Alabama to show off a couple of the state's top 6A teams, the Daphne Trojans and the Foley Lions. I say local, even though both schools are in the next county (Daphne's about a 5 minute drive from downtown Mobile, Foley's about a 30-40 minute drive map). So if any football fans are flipping through the channels around 8:00pm Central and see some high school teams playing, that's who it is.

Foley has been winless against Daphne since 1997. One of ESPN's biggest interests in the game is to showcase Foley's Julio Jones, who they've rated the nation's top recruit overall, and who's been rated the nation's top wide reciever by just about every recruitng service.

I think it's cool, at least.

I'll be flipping back and forth between it and the Kentucky-South Carolina game.

The last time an Alabama high school team was in an ESPN game was in '05 when Hoover whipped up on a Tim Tebow led team 50-29.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    I like when ESPN does this. Think of the thrill those kids must get knowing their game is nationally televised. I wouldn't want ESPN to do this to often, but i like how they sprinkle it into their schedule from time to time.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread