Here's the email I got. I am already registered. You know, this is a conference that just happens to be on a cruise ship, and therefore tax deductable as a legitimate business expense. That information may help some of you on the fence about going.

-----------

Hello Maggie,

Well, today is last day to register for >> http://AffiliateFORCE2003.com

Yes, I know the event is still two months away, but this is how it works.....

The cruise companies want all the funds and names in the bag, at least 60 days from the date of sailing. This is especially the case in a large group like ours. We negotiate favorable groups rates beforehand, but then we have to meet strict deadlines for payment.

This year we committed to 100 cabins and 75 of those are filled. If we don't release the remaining 25, then I'm obliged to pay for them anyway. So, because I'm not all that keen to foot the bill for empty cabins, I'm confirming 75 cabins and releasing the rest back to Carnival.

Hence, this is the final call for stragglers!

Please register here today >> http://AffiliateFORCE2003.com/register.html

If you are a Gold Member, you get the same deal for $995. Email Herby@iAfma.org for the special links.

Not a Gold Member yet? Please upgrade here >> http://iAfma.org/gm/upgrade.html

This year promises to be a great networking experience. Don't miss the boat!

Cheers,

Herby

--
    Herby Olschewski
    Chairman & CEO

ABW Ambassador
    Yeeeah!

75 cabins filled? So it sounds like 150 people or so going.

I guess the $795 deadline is already gone, lame.

Whats a cruise (without the extra functions) like this cost out of curiousity? $1300 just seems like an awful lot for an airfare optional (ie, extra) cruise.. but I have no idea what these things cost, so curious

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I checked the cruise ship site, and this is the rates they had:
    April 24, 2003 from $399

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Whats a cruise (without the extra functions) like this cost out of curiousity?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Wife and I were on the Carnival Imagination from April somethingrather-May somethingrather (5 day cruise) for our honeymoon last year. Went to Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Calica, Mexico (about 30 miles SE of Cozumel or 30 miles S of Cancun).

It was about $1300/person including roundtrip airfare from Omaha, travel insurance, ground transportation to/from airport and something else I forgot about.

The room was 7 feet by 10 feet, with chunks of those square feet taken out here, there, and everywhere for bathroom, beds, desk, and a closet. It was 4 levels down from the main level, or one level above the waterline. Yeah, we had a cheap room. (R168 if anyone cares.)

We booked in advance, so we got a little break on the price.

If I wasn't so bloody upset with Shawn and Herby's action in the defamatory Haiko de Poel and Haiko de Poel, Jr. threads over there, I would have gone on the booze cruise. I'm MUCH happier buying Connie Popeye's Chicken (she loves it) and ABW members drinks after the symposium

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Popeyes rocks.

Hmm, sounds like $995 times 2 is quite a bit compared to the "going rates"

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Thought I smelled food in this thread. It was Popeye's no wonder! Hope they don't totally ruin it by Yankeeizing it.

BTW, I live in the birthplace of Popeye's. You don't have to go far to get to Popeye's. Life is good sometimes.....

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    Popeyes isn't as good here, I don't think.

----
    -J

Gotta love the mashed potatoes and cajun gravy! And that chicken! MMMMMMM
    Heck Haiko, I will settle for the drinks, I may need a few or ten.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Red Beans and Rice is the best side!!!

Followed closely by those mashed taters...

Yum

----
    -J

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Joseph Monuit said:
    Popeyes isn't as good here, I don't think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe be that weightlessness thing changes the taste being in cyper*space*.

ABW Ambassador
    ehheheehe

Funny

Grrrrr.... I wish I was going to be "there" next week, specifically tues !!!

----
    -J

ABW Ambassador
    I pulled out my CC statements last night in a fit of curiosity. It was 950/person, not 1300. We ended up with a total of $2600 after an art auction, booze, shore excursion, and gambling.

How is it I got five of these emails from Herbi yesterday? Are they desperate to get my attention, or what??

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Grrrrr.... I wish I was going to be "there" next week, specifically tues !!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Throw me something Mistah!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How is it I got five of these emails from Herbi yesterday? Are they desperate to get my attention, or what??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you let Herbie know a new laptop took priority? It's a tax write too.....

ABW Ambassador
    Bon voyage . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread