Send me your PopShops examples?
    I'd love to see more examples of how everyone is using PopShops so I can decide whether to use this or not, but I know posting all your links may be considered spam here.

If you'd like to share some examples, please email me at -

occ_gurrl [at] yahoo.com

Do any of you use PopShops exclusively? I'm a bit leary of "putting all my eggs in one basket" so to speak. If they're down, then all my products would be inaccessible. Send me any comments or reviews if you'd like, along with your links.

Thanks a bunch!

Go to: http://www.popshops.com You will see a section called PopShops in Action. There is a list of sites currently using PopShops.

If you are scared to use only PopShops then try it slowly by using it on only a few pages.

Good Luck!

Yes, I thoroughly checked those out but was hoping for a few more.

I also was surprised one of the examples, Fern's General Store, actually landed me at Perfectly Shaped Life. I thought that was a typo at first. The breast cancer awareness site is very good - great design, easy to navigate and perfectly relevant products and content.

Thanks.

I have on our to-do list to put together a showcase of sites, it just keeps getting pushed down as we try and get other things done for the big holiday season. Sorry about that.

Jessie

Oh, I should probably mention that I would, of course, never publish a showcase site without the permission of the owner. Just fyi.

Jessie

Talking PopShops Evangelista
    Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    Yes, I thoroughly checked those out but was hoping for a few more.

I also was surprised one of the examples, Fern's General Store, actually landed me at Perfectly Shaped Life. I thought that was a typo at first. The breast cancer awareness site is very good - great design, easy to navigate and perfectly relevant products and content.

Thanks.
    That's my fault - Fern's General Store was renamed to Perfectly Shaped Life recently, as we focused on the plus size shopping niche. When I went back to get the official URL, I was shocked to see what was there *blush*

The ironic thing is that I had checked that domain a day before and it had been reported unused and available. My bad for not grabbing it that very instant. Sadly, by the time I learned what someone had done with it, I was already highly committed to the renaming.

Thanks for the kind words and patience. I'm a complete PopShops addict, fanatic and evangelist, and use them everywhere on my sites and blogs. If I could just get them to unload the dishwasher, I'd be in nirvana.. but I'm sure Jesse will come up with something soon.

I read a comment once from someone who thought that searching for available domain names somehow prompted people to then register those - like someone had access to the searches and grabbed them. Who knows?

One of my sites is also plus size apparel, BTW.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread