I can't block a company's adsense ads on my site.
    My site is whogets.com. There is a company that is placing big red "NYC RadioCity Trip Sweepstakes" adsense ads on my site. However, I cannot block the url. I tried blocking in my google account and the ads still run. In any other similar situation, I could block the ad.

It seems they have some sort of re-direct (making it difficult to find the correct URL to block) to stop people from blocking their final URL. Also the landing page for their ad is just an arbritrage page and has nothing to do with sweepstakes.

This is a discussion about the company who owns the url.
    http://pocketseo.com/domains/7#comment-330

My site: http://whogets.com/news.php

Bad ad: Big red Radio City ad
    Bad URL: bgfoofs.com
    Bad company: MetaPredict / UltraRPM

I have reported it to google, both that the ad is misleading and that I cannot stop it from running on my site, but no luck. Any suggestions?

When you figure it out let me know!

I had to completely remove the Adsense from my Christian website due to a banner that kept appearing on every page stating, "Jesus Hates ***s!" I did EVERYTHING I knew to do to get this jerk blocked from my site- even going to Google directly- but he obviously did something sneaky because I never could. Without much help from Google, I ended up scraping the ads altogether thanks to him.

http and a telephoto
    Turn off image ads in the meantime.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    their flash ads make things harder to detect as well. try using the final destination url, which you didn't mention in your post above, as the blocked url within adsense.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I've removed all the adsense ads from my sites. (I'm pretty sure I've gotten them all.) I got tired of the crap that adsense was serving and I didn't want my sites associated with those email harvesters. I won't help them do the rope-a-dope just so I can make a buck.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingfortips

I had to completely remove the Adsense from my Christian website due to a banner that kept appearing on every page stating, "Jesus Hates ***s!" I did EVERYTHING I knew to do to get this jerk blocked from my site- even going to Google directly- but he obviously did something sneaky because I never could. Without much help from Google, I ended up scraping the ads altogether thanks to him.

Wow, that's just horrible.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I've removed all the adsense ads from my sites. (I'm pretty sure I've gotten them all.) I got tired of the crap that adsense was serving and I didn't want my sites associated with those email harvesters. I won't help them do the rope-a-dope just so I can make a buck.
    Same here. It seemed that the good ads were competing with my affiliate links and the rest were pure garbage. For the small amount I was making with Adsense it just didn't seem worth the hassle of filtering out the unwanted ads.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; October 8th, 2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Google has a faq page that shows you how to find the destination url for an adsense ad. I've tried blocking the display url and destination url for a particular ad I'm seeing on one of my sites. It might take up to 48 hours to stop. I'll let you all know if it works.

https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...py?answer=9876
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    You can also try and email google with the issue, I have found them to be very helpful with issues like this.

Chet

I just checked my site and that annoying ad is now GONE! Yay!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    Also remember, it can take hours for the ad to go away. They say an hour, but i have seen it take both shorter and longer.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingfortips

That'd be the Westboro Baptist Church/Fred Phelps that needed banning. That and similar phrases are like their trademark.

They may spell their name a bit differently, but 99/100 it's them. If they actually have any supporters that'd account for the other 1% chance.

I'm amazed that Google allows such inflammatory nonsense to be run through its network.

I had the same problem recently with Emberal some new drug. Regardless of all blocking efforts it showed up on 10 of my websites all different topics.

Sites for anime, camping, forex, you name it Emberal was there. I assume that they made a special contract with Google to show their ads everywhere regardless of content. Anyone get this nonsense?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread