Parasite Tip Offs?
    another newbie question - parasites

I have a few affiliates with invalid email address. I am assuming these characters are less than legit. Right or Wrong assumption?

Josh

http and a telephoto
    Probably wrong. Could be right. The existence of a working email address has pretty much no correlation to parasite activity, but could indicate other types of problems. Most of the big parasites are corporations with plenty of contact information available.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    The existence of a working email address has pretty much no correlation to parasite activity
    Very true.
    I know of a parasite affiliate (verified by Kellie) that setup 40 different cookie cutter sites. Valid email address but they never reply to all my inquiries. Got the boot after i got the scoop from Kellie.

Although I would look into affiliates with non-working emails, I wouldn't automatically assume they are a parasite just because of that. That wouldn't be a major tip off, it would seem, that they are a parasite.

The thing I would look out for the most are sites that require a download of some sort in order for their visitors to use their site, coupons, rebates, etc. Even that isn't fool proof but it is a start.

Good question, though. Does anyone know of a post where it mentions some solid signs that an affiliate site is a parasite?

i figured they could have been up to something less than scrupulous. wasnt sure what

try calling them? maybe they signed up, and have since changed emails due to excessive spam, or some other reason. I know I've changed my email more than once.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread