Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Across the world violence heightens and hatred toward America groes. People no longer feel safe at home. They feel a need to protect themselves.

Should they carry arms?

Should we ban firearms in the US?

What recousre will there be either way?

JESUS IS KING!!!

Are you asking for advise, or what? Keep supplies on hand and figure where you will go when they evacuate your town.

Get a horse.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

You could put up links on your site to sell Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting and make a few bucks while you wait.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Duct Tape and Plastic Sheeting, they had that on our local news last night here in NY. Stores are selling kits now.
    Cazzie

Just remember violence and hatred is nothing new, unless WWI and WWII never happened.

Actually, it's been a little slow and it was suggested that I put this up so here I am. Just tryin to make conversation.

JESUS IS KING!!!

Kay thanks for the reminder to check and refill the water.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I don't think banning Arm in US is good to do!
    especially right now that we have terrorist watch!

My opinion is as long as you know how to protect yourself and your family and have some kind a ammo in your house to what ever would happen, you will be ready!
    And use it if it's really nessesary!
    some other protection is learn martial arts or other method of protection that you need for your self or your family!

But it is something that we all can really think about!

How ready are you if this kind of stuff would happen?

hmmmm...
    that is another forum to start huh? lol...

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Sometimes living in the middle of nowhere is darn frustrating, but it's nice to know you're a low priority when the terrorist alerts go up.(There are actually advantages to being somewhere that 90% of the country wouldn't notice if you got blown off the map- there's no motivation for them to do it!) Not that it's an impossiblility, but I'm likeing the odds. (My sister in the DC area however...)

==================================================
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
    ==================================================

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Could I be so bold as to make the following recommendations.

There's no time like the present for buying the one you love a whopping great diamond to let them know you care. Throw in something smaller for the kids to let them know you appreciate them.

Diamonds are everyones best friend when cash starts to fail, invest now and make your loved ones look stunning in the mean time.

I'd also suggest a Mondera Swiss Army Knife, quality "In Style" defence.

Cheers

Chris

lol Chris!

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, Chris, how do you make change for a one-carat diamond?

ROTFLMAO, Chris.

Yeah, geee I forgot to stick the diamonds in with the water and canned tuna! Oh, wait, they'll fit in the gas mask boxes just fine! Better get my order in now!

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Like Siren, I live in a spot that I wouldn't expect to become a target of terrorists. Close enough to major cities to not be a total pain, but far out enough that there aren't too many places with the high concentrations of people terrorists seem to prefer to hit.

As for the original question, I don't think arms should be banned! But I think people should only have them around if they know what to do with them, and are willing to take the due safety precautions (keeping them locked and away from children for instance).

Ssanf--Get a horse? While a horse might be good for transportation (or eating, if it came to that!), I don't think it'd be much help in a case where speed is needed--or if there were toxic fumes around! In a worst-case scenario, I think a car or a tractor would be better, since the machine doesn't rely on pure air to operate--and the human could wear a gas mask while riding it. The horse would have no such protection against airborne agents and therefore it would be very vulnerable.

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Of course, a TRUE marketer would say,

"Why just cover your windows, when you can cover your whole house? Buy a 100'x100' tarp from this link to tarice.com!"

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

ABW Ambassador
    General,
    your first sentence in your post is wrong and untrue. I will not deepen this but if you look at your administration in an ojective way you must notice what is going wrong and insane in your "poor" country. Concerning your questions: if someone find himself weak he should wear arms, and of course use it.

carneol

I have a question. Is everyone on this topic a republican? I have the strong feeling that everyone is buying into the Bush adminstration's agenda. This stealer of office only wants to get the oil of Iraq not to oust some dictator like he says. Now, I do think there are some people that hate America but if you look closely, instead of blind obedince, you will see that the "president" wants Iraq to disarm, if Iraq really has weapons of mass destruction, but where is the talk of use disarming? Second, how come Bush does not talk of invading North Korea, the country that told us they have Nuclear Arms? Bush is using weapons....Weapons of mass destraction. If you focus on the war you will not focus on the ecomony that the "president", in my opinion, messed up.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

See now that's the difference between republicans and democrats. Republicans know they are right because of common sense while democrats always have to wonder if they are wrong.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Florida Constitution Article I, Section 8(a)

The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>See now that's the difference between republicans and democrats. Republicans know they are right because of common sense while democrats always have to wonder if they are wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahahahaha ROFL.

Hmm this topic seems to have gotten off topic already heeh

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You can't stop Democrates or liberals from opening their mouths and insert their foot. They are reluctant to actually put their claims in writing as often, days or months later, the have egg all over their faces for their statements.

Russia and France lose contracts with Saddam worth over 200 billion if the USA and Brits attack Iraq. They fear the USA will allow the Iraqi people to void those sweatheart contracts for Oil exploration and automating the Oil fields and negotiate new ones that give them all some income.

Give GWB his just deserts as He's not been proven to have made a wrong move or prediction yet.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Who said I was a Democrat?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>He's not been proven to have made a wrong move or prediction yet.

Coincedentaly, I just got this from a friend. (It wasn't a set up, honest!)

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man carrying a huge knife in plain view, comes around the corner and is running directly at you and your family while screaming threats and obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 (9 round capacity) and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:
    Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! I mean, does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? I wish I'd taken a recent gun use familiarization course. What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? I wonder, does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:
    BANG! BANG! Two shots, center mass. Dial 911.

Deep Southerner's Answer:
    BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... (sounds of clip being ejected and fresh clip installed)
    Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"
    Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..." Daughter: :Me too, Daddy!)
    BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    Family: "Nice grouping Daddy!"

JESUS IS KING!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast