Affiliate Manager
    Question CJ Interface question
    Hi all,

I hope it is ok to post this question here. It is merchant specific so I thought it would be better to post her than on the cj affiliate board. Anyway, I want to send an email newsletter out to my publishers. Is there any way to download the list with email addresses? I know you can use the CJ interface to send mail but I would rather not since I think I recall they charge and it doesn't look like their metrics are as good.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    No, CJ manages the affiliate relationship. Affiliates have the choice to not display their contact info and can only be contacted via the interface. Most affiliate are showing their name and email address but you would have to enter each account to accumulate that.

Affiliate Manager
    Oy, thanks for the prompt response, even if it isn't what I want to here.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Or you can cheat CJ and send the email through the free text email system.....won't cost you a penny. BTW, haha thanks for not calling =0)
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Affiliate Manager
    interesting
    That sounds interesting... Now I just have to figure out what you mean...

It isn't not calling though... it is not calling yet. I am currently buried under an avalanche of affiliate applications. I can't see daylight but will likely call today or tomorrow for a break. Whew. I suppose it is a good problem to have!

Online Marketing Consultant
    haha there are ways to get through applications faster without letting the bad guys in and keeping the good guys out,,,,but welcome to the world of the AM and I look forward to speaking with you tomorrow. I'll tell you how to do the free email on the phone.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Affiliate Manager
    Next question... I have heard loud and clear that I can't just download the email addresses. But I really HATE the CJ email client. Either I am just dumber than I thought or it doesn't work well.

I am considering manually collecting the email addresses so I can use them in a different email client. Does anyone do that? I am assuming that the big downside is that I wouldn't have a way to offer them to click to the HTML for the banners and I would have to manually opt out in CJ those that opt out on my email client. Anything else I am missing? I have signed up at as an affiliate at a few places and from what I can see everyone is using the CJ client so I think I might be smoking the crack in thinking that it is possible.

~erika

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread