Smile Got My First Sale through Adwords!
    I've been playing with Commission Junction for about a year now, and just put banners up on my various sites and blogs and of course bought stuff from all my affiliate partners. I was at three bars just from that. However about a week ago, I decided to start playing with Adwords and created pages with content geared to sell my affiliate products, and today, I got my first sale!! I am pretty excited and I wanted to thank this forum for giving me the inspiration to do so - I'm shooting for four bars this month! Thanks AbestWeb!

BTW, isn't today the day that Commission Junction is supposed to make pending commissions from September not pending anymore? I never kept track of when that all happened because it was never a lot of money. If anyone knows, please let me know - thanks!!

Congrats on your first Adwords sale. It's definitely a viable way to make a nice income. I did the same as you did, except started a bit earlier (3 months or so after working with natural seo).

As far as CJ is concerned, yeah, it usually starts on, "or around" the 10th. No guarantees as far as they are concerned.

Congrats! , many more to come your way

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    congratz

Spunk,

Great work!

Phil Andrews
    Affiliate Program Manager

We would like to know when they will be moving some our Commissions pending from 07/07!!! Damn, Hyatt and LookSpa

Good, that's more money for us adsense publishers...oh BTW, how many of these frivilous posts must I make before I can pm?

They lock on the 11th. Merchants have through the 10th to extend or reverse.

Yo, Adrian --- Enjoy the ride.

Don't care when I got PM rights - far more statisfying participating. Anything I ever needed help with, got buy just asking on the board. Made some great relationships that way especially with ShareASale & Performics.

G.

Thanks for all the encouraging words ... I increased my adwords budget for that campaign, and I was sooooooo certain that I would come home today and have all these sales from that affiliate, and guess what ... just a bunch of adsense clicks ... which is fine, but the sales are so much sweeter!

BTW, my commissions from last month all "locked" ... I am officially not a disgruntled CJ publisher!

BTW, Hyatt is still pending from July? Ironically, I applied to Hyatt around that time because I had this brilliant idea to promote them on one of my sites, and they rejected me ... all for the best I guess because I would have been so mad if I ran a campaign around them and never got paid ... I think all the hotels rejected me.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread