How to tell what products are being sold?
    Is there an area in our Cj accounts to see what products are being sold from our links? I'd like to be able to keep track of what items my referrals are buying for future reference.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I, too, would love to know what sells on my site. If we had this information, we'd be able to promote more of what our visitors are actually buying.

I don't know where you can find this info. I think in the "detail" section of a sale, you can get the merchant SKU but then you have to try to find what that SKU is on their site. I just tried doing this today. Entering the SKU returned "no results" doimg a search on the merchant's site.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Unfortunately you only know what the merchant chooses to tell you via the Transaction Details. If you work with datafeeds you can use sid's to track which product directed the customer to the merchant. They may not necessarily buy what they click on, but it gives you a good idea.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I agree with Scott. CJ's interface is limiting in telling affiliates what customers bought but if you use the SID feature you can tell what what link it was on your site the customer clicked on that took them to the merchants site. If you see a trend, then you have a pretty idea what is working for you.

I might add that SID codes are not just for datafeeds and that you can also insert one when you create your banners.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thank you for your quick replies, Rexanne and Snib.

Yes Snib, I do use an SID in the link, (a different SID for each page/section that I put links on so I know which of my sites sent the sale) but some pages have up to 12 products on them.

Rexanne, yes, I was able to search an SKU for one company and see the products, but the other returns a "no results". That's the one that I really wanted to see as it was from a banner and not a product link.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    if you use the SID feature you can tell what what link it was on your site the customer clicked on that took them to the merchants site. If you see a trend, then you have a pretty idea what is working for you.

I might add that SID codes are not just for datafeeds and that you can also insert one when you create your banners.
    Good to know. Thanks Ron & Scott!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

lol, Ron, I must have been typing just as you posted.

Thanks for the feedback.

You think if you call the Affiliate Manager for the merchant, they may tell you? After all, that information can help you make more sales ...

Hi Spunk999,

That sounds like a good idea, but in reality I don't think I would want to do that. Each Affiliate Manager probaby has thousands of affiliates under their umbrella and I'm sure they wouldn't want everyone getting in touch with them each day to see what products sold. They'd never get any other work done.

Mayhaps if the merchants sent out a weekly or monthly newsletter letting their affiliates know which were the most popular items, we could work from that. I've got about 12 companies that I deal with right now, and there are only 2 of them that send me regular correspondance about their products, sales and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by spunk999
    You think if you call the Affiliate Manager for the merchant, they may tell you? After all, that information can help you make more sales ...
    I just did that about a week ago with a merchant and they sent me a list of products that my sites were selling. I was kind of hoping for the quantity also of the products but none the less it was a great help seeing what was selling and making sure I had them on the site. To be honest I was pleasantly surprised that they did that for me but then again that AM has always been awesome It's worth a shot!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I just did that about a week ago with a merchant and they sent me a list of products that my sites were selling. I was kind of hoping for the quantity also of the products but none the less it was a great help seeing what was selling and making sure I had them on the site. To be honest I was pleasantly surprised that they did that for me but then again that AM has always been awesome It's worth a shot!
    That's a encouraging news . It might worth it to give it a try.

It will be a lot easier for both merchants and affiliates if the sold products are listed on CJ's commmission report. The SKU number do help but the "no resault" search on most merchants' site won't do any good.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread