Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Viral Marketing Idea using UniqueChecks.com?
    Kim, I was thinking about my posts with Billy about the Elvira checks you just released... and was thinking about the viral power of something like that. Of course, I want to do the viral marketing for myself, I'm all stingy and self-centered like that...

Anyhow, I know at your UniqueChecks.com site, people can upload photos and other images and have them made into bank checks for themselves...

Do folks ever upload branded graphics and logos and stuff like like to make bank checks for themselves that represent their websites to people, every time they pull out their checkbook?

It's a small, if not tiny, viral marketing idea, but sometimes, I grow to be very proud of some of my sites - so there's viral marketing in my mind, but also that proud feeling of ownership and stewardship that would personally please me (like my drawer full of cafepress shirts).

I imagine the images are whitewashed so that no dark spots obscure the check's data... can you comment as to whether something like this had been done by others?

With your rotating 4 image series, I could make image checks for my 4 favorite sites that I've developed... am I getting a little carried away here or what?

Do you have a preview feature for the white washing that may be required or is a more submit it and see what happens kind of thing?

I did find this gallery of pics...
    http://www.uniquechecks.com/service/...px?pageCode=39
    ...that were turned into stuff including checks... if you have done one of a promotional / viral nature, can you share the details here or there, I plan to promote you someplace along these lines if it can be done... personalization is big these days.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Great Idea!
    To my knowledge and the knowledge of the Unique Checks Product Manager, we haven't heard any customer feedback that speaks to your idea - yet. The mousepads I handed out at Summit were created using the Unique process and I was very happy with the end product. It worked well for me to have a useful item personalized with my logo, especially an item that could potentially be seen each time an affiliate sat down to work at their computer.

If you were to order a box of checks with your four favorite logos, I would imagine the traffic gained from that exposure would be difficult to measure. Still, getting it in front of eyeballs is getting in front of eyeballs and you never know what could happen as a result.

When you think of writing out a check to pay your gas and electric, etc. you don't tend to think of how many hands will be on it in the process - the mail opener, the person in accounting, the person responsible for making the deposit, the person at the bank that verifies the check amounts are correct, the person who scans the image of the checks so they're visible online...It is certainly an idea worth persuing.

We do have a preview feature online. You are able to upload the images separately and then view the images in their "lightened" state (which is necessary due to banking regulations). You can also position the image according to your preferences.

If you're interested in "guinea pigging" this idea - I'm all for it. I'll send off an email to you shortly as well.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I also write checks to local charities and orgs, to lawn services and to many others that aren't mailed and processed... people I know. Around my house, I see checks sitting next to my phone sometimes for days. I'm wondering how it'd look. And if I could pitch that idea to others... I'll email you and we'll try it out together and see what we can make of it. It's minor viral marketing for the person that owns them, but it may also be another way to sell checks - both are of interest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AM@4checks
    We do have a preview feature online. You are able to upload the images separately and then view the images in their "lightened" state (which is necessary due to banking regulations). You can also position the image according to your preferences.
    This preview stuff is very good news! Show it to them and they'll be a lot more likely to buy in my opinion.

Thanks, chat soon.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread