I have a forum that is pretty much there for people to go to and commiserate about whatever. Well, how do I take the traffic to that forum and turn it into money? I don't want to spam them of course. What are ways you use to gently throw ads their way or divert them to the money making sites without being annoying? What are other ways you use to make money from your forum traffic? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Look at ABW.
    Give Professionals (in ABW's case Merchants) the chance to open their own Forum and let them pay for it. Forums are a great and cost effective way to support clients (in ABW's case Affiliates). Its like a living FAQ Site .

I don't know what your forums are about and if that approach would work for you.

Another thing you could do is to place Affiliate Banners related to the Forum Topics.

There is much more, but I will stop here, because I don't want to make Haiko from ABW mad at me, when I tell you other effective stuff he is doing .

You will figure it out .

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

Carsten,
    Thanks for the feedback. I would be interested to hear more of your ideas.

I don't think Haiko would be mad at you. Why would a person start a forum that is specifically geared to help affiliates by sharing ideas and then get mad when that happens. I would hope he would be pleased that his efforts are showing productive results.

Thanks
    Steve

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread