Question Invalid Links Generting Traffic, What?
    I tried searching the forums to answer this question, but did not find it so here it is:

I logged into CJ, and saw I had some invalid links, but the sites listed were my sites, I checked the ads, and the ads are still listed with the affiliates, and there are all these clicks listed - does that mean that if any of those clicks resulted in sales, I am AO? Why are they invalid? They look valid to me! I went to my site and clicked on them and they looked like they were working fine ... is there something I have to fix?

Thanks a lot! If I did lose sales, hopefully ALL the clicks did not buy, can you imagine? That would be JUST MY LUCK!

Does the merchant still exist in the system, and does that specific link still exist in the system? It should show any expired links that are still receiving traffic.

Hey Joshua - thanks for the quick reply - I clicked on both of the advertisers listed, and it said active in the pop up window that has all the details about the affiliate. Then I clicked on banner, and the banners I used were still there.

Quote Originally Posted by spunk999
    Hey Joshua - thanks for the quick reply - I clicked on both of the advertisers listed, and it said active in the pop up window that has all the details about the affiliate. Then I clicked on banner, and the banners I used were still there.
    Okay, there might be some reasons for that:

1) The advertiser might be active but check the Deactivated Advertiser list - the advertiser might have been activated from CJ network for not paying for affiliates or anything like that... so even you still have it on your list the advertiser is no more good for you.

2) The banner you're using has expired, replace it with a new banner (rarely happens)

3) The advertiser or you have expired the affiliation

I think I figured out what happened - I'll post it here for reference. I accidentally deleted the site that the banner was associated with and I think that is why the error was showing up - I will know for sure tomorrow ... thanks for all the tips!

Here's the deal with me - I have one of the older qksrv.net affiliate links for smoothfitness.com on a fitness equipment site that I'm starting to once again generate traffic on. The link is showing up in my "invalid links" section and it showed that the advertiser had expired the relationship (????). I have re-applied and have a pending application at the moment. I'd like to stick up the new links.

However - the link is actually going to the smoothfitness site - even though it is "so said" invalid. Am I sending them free traffic?

Confused

Larry

if you have no relationship with the merchant but the links take one to the merchant, then you get no commission.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread