Anybody seeing issues with Linkshare for the past month ?
    Let me first start by saying most of this might be venting/concern but Linkshare has been one of the stronger performing networks for me for the last year. As a strong network I am happy but several issues have been creeping up lately and I have concerns. Now that my disclaimer is out of the way....

1) Has anybody noticed that some financial DBs have been down for over 4 weeks now ? I have called several times and have been assured every time "tomorrow" is the day and everything will be fine. That was a month ago... Unfortunately level I support is never armed with any real information at any company but for me this money is food, clothing and shelter, I really would like to know what is going on. In addition, I have been told it has effected very little data so it shouldn't mean much to me. Lastly on this issue there is not even a notice in the home section stating there is an issue....

2) Merchants have been leaving and joining other networks. I have spoken to several merchants that will remain nameless and they have stated Linkshare's parent company (the new one) has really not been handling things and agreements are very difficult. Most have stated they were happier with Linkshare's former owner. Any opinions ?

3) Reporting in general... ???? Need I say more? I see thread after thread after thread about mistakes in reporting, delays, etc. and I don't even think most people know that some of the financial DBs are offline so their numbers are wrong. Like I said, I have been assured everything is being collected properly, just not displayed right.

4) I own a coupon/ rewards site and I rely on U1= signature reports. These reports have been erratic and can be down for an entire day. Generally it coincides with analytics acting up. I normally get just the column headers and no data. Anyone out there having the same issues ? I also just took a survey about what needs to be done to improve reports which I made several suggestions. Anyone else have opinions, took this survey ?

5) Transaction Inquiries - The person who files the inquiry doesn't get notification when the status changes to denied or resolved. Any plans of fixing the notification system associated to this ?

Overall I am seeing issues creep up and not too many getting resolved. Issues are also getting resolved at a much slower pace. I also noticed we now get paid once a week which is GREAT but the timing is a little weird. I think when affiliate moral is probably at its lowest all of a sudden they throw us a bone ??? Maybe when things get better they will change this back ? I dont know maybe I just watch too much TV with conspiracy theories. Anyway, someone out there hopefully will give me some good feedback/opinions on where they think Linkshare is headed and what the current situation is since I really cant get any answers from Linkshare.

Thanks.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    other threads have discussed these issues as well, but i'd like to add that i just got payment and was trying to determine why it doesn't match what i expected it to be... it's very small, so i gave up after 20 minutes of messing around with their various forms and platforms for reporting...

i do wish they had easy ways to see my current balance.

they've got a long way to go, synergy analytics has som many promtps and drill down too quickly that i end up having to run query after query after query because the paths it takes you down are too narrow... when i see link type or merchants and there's no "all" choice... i know they don't understand our needs.

i do believe they're working to fix the current issues, but it would help a lot if they were more active here and communicated better.

big and slow and a tad deaf, that's my current view.

Great point as well... A current balance like CJ is a much needed thing.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I have not had a single commission from any of my Linkshare merchants this entire month. Maybe it's me or maybe it's them, who knows.

ABW Ambassador
    That one is on your end, the boards would be lit up if it was a general problem and I'm seeing sales daily. But for me, LS in general, is the most in need of an overhaul, top down.

I'm seeing sales also but they seem to be down compared to the click thru's

Thanks for the replies...I assume nobody really knows what is going on except for a handful on individuals at Linkshare. Linkshare used to be my number 1 network, EPC, total volume, total sales, etc it used to rock. September though had a steep drop off and this is coming from someone who has thousands if not over ten thousand transactions a month. I am not sure if it is the DBs being down, stores migrating away but my overall volume, etc has slowed down. The other big networks have picked up though which always helps. I wouldn't mind if I could get all my networks working at 100% at once, just never seems to happen. Has anyone else experienced the same for September and October for Linkshare ????

THANKS !

I called Linkshare once again, and after getting someone who insisted nothing is wrong with Analytics or any DB finally admitted that many people have called claiming to be missing transactions and their numbers are very low. I actually have two days 10/16 and 10/23 where I have no click-throughs yet I have thousands in sales. I am sure if I run a signature report I will see transactions with those event dates as well. The numbers don't matter but I send hundreds of click-throughs everyday to Linkshare yet on 2 days I have zeros, I feel this is extremely unlikely. Is anyone else out there feel like they are missing data or seeing any holes ? I just feel like I am not being told something and I dont like that. Not to mention that during the analytics issues for several weeks and the DB issues there was never an error or issue report in my home section. Anybody seeing discrepancies in their reporting ?

I keep having problems with the log in link not working. It goes down alot for me.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread