Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Talking $2.00 content per 100 words
    Hi I found this site and would like to pass it on... Content is king

http://www.nodoubtmarketing.com/copy...-services.html

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hi I found this site and would like to pass it on... Content is king
    If it was "king" it sure wouldn't be going for that cheap rate!!

As for this particular site, I think there's GOT to be some catch...

Does writing come out luuken lik it wuz writen by the busted 419 scamurs or sumthin? The only way I can think of to make a profit at such prices is if they outsource the actual work to some place where US/UK English is not their first language.
    Last edited by Leader; October 14th, 2007 at 01:17 AM.

Here's 100 words for FREE:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent viverra, erat nec iaculis feugiat, nisl dolor vestibulum augue, iaculis elementum ante eros ac pede. Donec sollicitudin mi in tortor varius pellentesque. Morbi neque ipsum, ultricies nec, pharetra quis, accumsan vitae, purus. Suspendisse convallis porttitor velit. Etiam massa neque, lacinia vitae, tincidunt at, ornare quis, tellus. Maecenas dui tortor, bibendum at, ullamcorper vel, dapibus nec, nunc. Integer aliquam volutpat elit. In commodo. Nam diam. Aenean a nisi nec tellus posuere hendrerit. Nunc eu tortor vitae ante elementum congue. Vestibulum nec leo a nibh iaculis mattis. Nam non lorem vehicula nisl lobortis.
    You get what you pay for.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

100 words is not alot of content. And for $2.00 it takes the content writer about ten minutes. Which turns out to be $12.00 per hour

Iam going to give them a try and post the ARticle here....

Obtaining Flipping Money

With the popularity of house flipping television programs an entire generation of potential house flippers is hitting the streets scouring for old tin shacks surrounded by puddles that they can renovate to become stately waterfront McMansions and flog for huge profits. Sooner than later many of these potential flippers come across a problem that the TV show flippers never seem to deal with. How do you get the Mortgage?

After all, the tin shack likely has an appraised value of next to nothing, and a Mortgage is going to reflect that value. That is not going to allow for the cost of renovations, and since most of the neophyte wannabe flippers are not independently wealthy, the money to pay the contractors has to come from somewhere. You will also find that your local contractor is right up to speed on the fact that you're a flipping greenhorn, has seen it all before, and is going to extend you only the credit it takes for him to drive your check to the bank and have it hammered.

So you will need Mortgage money, and lots of it, and before anything happens. To get the ball rolling the final value of the property is going to have to be greater than the total of a) the cost to buy the property + b) the full cost of the renovations.

What you want to find is a deal that at the time of closing will provide you with the funding for both elements. Don't expect that the Mortgage lender is going to just write you a check for the full amount. There will be a schedule of draws against the renovation costs as various aspects of the work are completed. The contractor you are utilizing will need to be certified so that the Mortgage lender can be assured that the work is completed to that predetermined stage so that they are confident in releasing that tranche of Mortgage funding.

After all of the renovations are completed there are several alternatives. If you are renovating so that you can move into the house as your primary residence there is one type of closing. If you are going to resell it, then there is a different type of closing.

If there is sufficient equity in the property, your Mortgage broker or banker can actually roll them into the Mortgage. This means that during the construction phase you will not be paying monthly payments, and that can be a very serious advantage to any tyro house flipper!

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    I didn't know I needed 'mortgage money'
    I figure I'd need a loan for renovation since if I had bought the property I either had enough cash or I already got a loan

I wouldn't pay 50 cents for that

It's not the greatest but for $2/100 wds it's not bad.

Is that the actual article you bought, or is it from their portfolio? Companies always show their best stuff in their portfolios...

As content goes it is total and utter b*llocks, but also somewhat gratifying to know that some people's idea of content is several orders of magnitude below mine. No wonder there are those who wonder why their "content" pages don't work if that's the benchmark

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    As content goes it is total and utter b*llocks, but also somewhat gratifying to know that some people's idea of content is several orders of magnitude below mine. No wonder there are those who wonder why their "content" pages don't work if that's the benchmark
    It's not "the benchmark" and nobody was suggesting it should be.

You can't pay for a Yugo and expect the performance of a Mercedes. At $2/100 words, just to get English that isn't broken is a bonus.

Well, if that is an example that netnow22 paid for, it's probably worth the $2. There are grammar errors, but based on my own poor grammar who am I to pass judgment on that.

As for the content itself, they use several terms that are wrong as well as misstate a couple of points, but if you're an expert in the field and simply want to crank out a lot of articles, it is pretty easy to go through and correct those.

I'd like to see what they do with a 200 word article and how widely they could write. I may blow $4 to see if they can do a better job than me on a topic with which I'm struggling.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by Leader

You can't pay for a Yugo and expect the performance of a Mercedes. At $2/100 words, just to get English that isn't broken is a bonus.
    That's my point it IS English that is broken - it is rubbish, garbage, meaningless and of no use to anyone at all.

It's to content as a banner farm is to a price comparison site.

Honestly, I think I could spend $20 on content like that, slap together a site and generate a decent return for a few years. I'm sure I won't bother, but I'm also pretty sure it could be done without too much trouble.

It's not fantastic content by any stretch, but the phrase "close enough for government work" comes to mind...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I certainly would not pay $2 per 100 words for this crap.

I absolutely disagree with the suggestion that the "Obtaining Flipping Money" article is one that could draw traffic and income. It's gobbledygook, meaningless, and any human being will quickly recognize this (and anyone who doesn't abandon the article within the first few sentences is NOT someone I would want as a visitor to my site).

I'm not sure how the article was generated -- I assume that someone took a genuine article from somewhere on the web and fed it through a fairly simple word-substitution script; it's possible that it was run through a translation program (e.g. using google translator to translate from English to English, or English to another language, then back) and then a substitution script. (The appearance of "copying and substitution" is more obvious with the second example article on their web site, at http://www.nodoubtmarketing.com/example2.doc).

If this is how they make their articles, then it IS copyright infringement.

Scam alert: There is some negative feedback about the owner of this site on a freelancing web site: (http://www.getafreelancer.com/users/feedback_41385.html).
    The site lacks a privacy or security policy.
    The site lacks any legitimate contact info (address, phone number).
    The WHOIS record shows a PO Box address, along with an email address with the prefix "GotMeRunnin" at an ISP.
    This fellow appears to have gotten himself banned from at least one forum site (http://www.talkgold.com/forum/showth...=119862&page=2).
    Although the name listed on the web site and in the WHOIS record is "Justin," he apparently used the name "Melanie" on an online poker web site (perhaps the account is shared).

I certainly would not pay $2 per 100 words for this crap.

It's not the greatest but for $2/100 wds it's not bad.

Is that the actual article you bought, or is it from their portfolio? Companies always show their best stuff in their portfolios...
    Its there portfolio, however when i do purchase i will post (on my site first) and be able to tell u if its worth while

Smile

exactly and if u place this content on seperate class c ip addresses the se's might take it as good content

Look if u guys are looking for articles to place on other sites then this is a good deal. If u are looking to protect your brand then definelty not. However most people will not find the article but your site itself. So if u spend 100 on 50 different articles , i bet your site does better in the se's, i could be wrong but this is what i think

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    That's my point it IS English that is broken - it is rubbish, garbage, meaningless and of no use to anyone at all.

It's to content as a banner farm is to a price comparison site.
    My reading comprehension is good enough to know that it's not "meaningless." It's saying that the person will need a mortgage that not only covers the original POS house, but also the new one that'll replace it. Perhaps my familiarity with the "buy junk cottage/tear that down/put up a McMansion/sell for giant markup" strategy made the understanding easier! (Builders have been doing that around here for years.) They even bother to mention that a new-construction loan doesn't just drop a bag of money at your feet.

In short I disagree with your assessment. The style is rubbish, but it's not meaningless or useless by any stretch. Any who know enough about builders' strategies will be able to follow the concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWelch
    I absolutely disagree with the suggestion that the "Obtaining Flipping Money" article is one that could draw traffic and income. It's gobbledygook, meaningless, and any human being will quickly recognize this
    Do you say that hard-to-read articles on medical studies and the like are "gobbledygook, meaningless" too, or do you only badmouth *some* information that you don't understand?

If you're going to criticize it, at least point out what's really wrong with it: It's dry and uninteresting, and clearly betrays the author's total boredom with the subject at hand. It reads like some of my old textbooks. And it obviously doesn't engage people who are both ignorant of the subject, who are intent on staying that way, and who have an irrational hatred of cheap writers.

And I must say, neither of you have done much reading at all, especially online, if you haven't read stuff that's A LOT MORE CRAPPY than that article!!!

(and anyone who doesn't abandon the article within the first few sentences is NOT someone I would want as a visitor to my site).
    I will never understand the hostility some people have towards those with proper reading comprehension abilities.

This is the kind of 'content' which would probably work great on an adsense site.
    (visitors escape by clicking on ads)
    Any site looking to sell a real product or even an affiliate marketer might do best to avoid. JMO

On the other hand, I have read much worse, & ranked very well.
    Good grammar, spelling, etc. does not mean good content.

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    exactly and if u place this content on seperate class c ip addresses the se's might take it as good content
    The hitch is that it'll still be DUPLICATE content. If you put it on your own network of sites, all you'll end up doing is letting Google know that all those IPs are actually related.

And if you want other sites to pick it up, my suggestion is to see if those other sites have been willing to run other articles of the same quality. A Yugo may be cheap, but that doesn't mean everyone (or even most people) are willing to drive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    No wonder there are those who wonder why their "content" pages don't work if that's the benchmark
    For the record:

BELOW is what I considered acceptable for use on one of my sites. This was FREE as long as I left that link and little pitch at the end. I'm leaving it in there now, since that was the condition for reprint (and this post counts as a reprint).

The subject is live Christmas trees. With roots attached. Keep in mind that it's written with the expectation that it's being read in the winter, by people who have or are considering buying one of these!

The formatting may be off, since I copied it off one of my pages rather than retyping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. McGroarty
    Tis the season when lots of people drag a real tree
    into their house and decorate it. Some people buy
    live trees that are balled in burlap instead of a cut tree.

A live tree is a great idea, but many people make
    serious mistakes when it comes to handling a live tree,
    and they end up losing their money. The information in
    this article also pertains to any live tree you are planting, be it now during the winter, or during the summer.

1. Before you even take the tree in the house, dig a
    hole for the tree where you expect to plant it after the
    holidays. Put the soil in a wheelbarrow and park it in
    the garage. You'll need loose soil to back fill the hole,
    and the ground might be frozen after the holidays.

2. Keep your live tree in the house for as short a time
    as is possible.

3. Keep the ball plenty moist while in the house, but
    not in a tub full of water. You don't want the ball to dry
    out completely, but by the same token it shouldn't be
    soggy all the time either. Just moist. You can wet it
    thoroughly, but then don't water again until the water is
    almost gone.

4. After Christmas move the tree outdoors as soon as
    possible and plant it immediately. If you were not able
    to dig the hole earlier, the ground is frozen, and the tree can not be planted, leave it outside and pack bags of leaves or bales of straw around the ball. Find a way to heal it in in such a way that the amount of sun and wind the root ball receives is minimal.

5. Try and plant the tree immediately if you can. You do
    not want to store the tree on top of the ground during the winter if you can avoid it. Putting in your garage is not a good idea either, it is likely to dry out in there. The absolute best place for the ball is in the ground, even if the ground has frozen after you dug the hole. Just set the tree in the hole and back fill with loose soil. Make sure there are no air pockets around the ball. Back fill only with small particles of soil. If this can not be done because the soil is frozen, just set the tree in the hole and back fill as soon as the weather permits.

6. Check the ball for nylon string. Cut and remove any
    nylon string. Sometimes the diggers wrap the string
    around the stem of the tree. If the string is a cotton type, like sisal twine you can leave it on the ball but remove it from the stem. If the burlap is nylon it should be cut in many places or removed. If the ball is wrapped with a wire basket I recommend leaving it on. It will help to secure the tree and keep it from rocking back and forth with the wind. The roots will find their way through the wire and the burlap. Just cut the burlap where you can.

7. Do not plant the tree too deep. This is the number one reason for plants that do not survive. They should not be planted any deeper than they were in the nursery. The top of the ball should be one to two inches above the ground level. If you have heavy, wet, clay soil, you should plant it even higher and build a bed up around the ball. When you plant them too deep the plants literally suffocate.

8. Do not fertilize the tree at the time of planting. You can fertilize it in the spring, but only with an organic fertilizer. If you have compost available, mix some in while planting. Fertilizer can do more harm than it can good. I always recommend organic fertilizers. It's hard to make a mistake with organics. It's always a good idea to stake trees when you plant them. If the wind is constantly rocking them back and forth they will have a difficult time establishing new roots
    in their new home.

Michael J. McGroarty is the author of this article. Visit his most interesting website, http://www.freeplants.com and sign up for his
    excellent gardening newsletter, and grab a FREE copy of his E-book, "Easy Plant Propagation"

Leader: of course I've seen crap like this. And, like you, I have the reading cprehension skills to decode the article to figure out what it is probably "supposed to say" (or what the original probably said much, much more clearly. As a lawyer and later as a high school English teacher, I often had to decode bad writing.

But "being able to decode the general purpose of the text does not mean that this crap is worth $2 per 10 words -- nor that the apparent copyright infringement is OK.

And "hard to read" is absolutely not the same as poor writing. Medical and legal journal articles are often complex and include technical jargon -- but are clear and understandable for their intended audience. In contrast, the $2/100word crap is not intended to be read by a human audience at all.

Well granted, you can get better for free if you're willing to link back, as my post above yours shows. But to get that, I had to dig through 100s and 100s of irrelevant articles.

I've also seen worse English sold for more money. Not expensive, but not as cheap as $2. English as a (not well-learned) Second Language is a special kind of bad.

If they really infringed on copyrights, of course that is unacceptable. But all the machine-generated text I've seen so far is FAR, FAR worse, so it seems unlikely to me that they just threw something through one of those automatic mashers.

I also think that perspective is important--if the point is to do article marketing and get links, or to do an AdSense site, of course the standard is different (lower) than if the point is to actually get return readers. This would indeed need reworking if the goal is that people are supposed to want to see more of it...

This would indeed need reworking if the goal is that people are supposed to want to see more of it...
    And that isn't always the goal. Sometimes it's about making a dollar, and if MFA sites can make money with pure scraped garbage, an intelligent marketer can use poorly written content at $2/100 words to generate a larger return.

If your goal is to build the ultimate authority in your niche, write it yourself, or hire professionals. If your goal is cheap content you can use to make a buck, the above example isn't all that bad.
    Eathan Mertz

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    And that isn't always the goal. Sometimes it's about making a dollar, and if MFA sites can make money with pure scraped garbage, an intelligent marketer can use poorly written content at $2/100 words to generate a larger return.
    That's no better than spam. The difference is on one hand it's sent out unsolicited in emails, on the other it's attracted by nefarious means by purporting to be something it's not.

Hey - have you seen my price comparison banner farm?

Hiring a copywriter is now spam? Or just cheap copywriters?
    Eathan Mertz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast