Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I feel like getting plowed!!
    Well,

It had to happen sooner or later. Last week, Arapahoe Basin ski area opened, but none of the white stuff here at 8,000 feet yet! This morning though, we are getting our first sneak preview of the season.

It started snowing up here in the hills about an hour ago. We may get a foot today, so I'm debating whether to hook up the plow blade, or just wait until it melts off tomorrow and we return to 60 degree temps.

My Golden Retriever Rocky seems to like it, but then again, dogs like licking their butts!! Merry Christmas all!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I love winter and skiing, but you just keep all that stuff up there in the mountains for now. kthanks.

Internet Cowboy
    Hey Alan,
    Try to keep the plow blade away from your HEAD this season.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Hey Alan,
    That was the first thing I thought today when I contemplated whether it would be necessary to hook up the blade today. But the snow doesn't seem to be sticking, so I'm golden!!

The snow up here in my area of the mountains will melt away tomorrow and we'll be back to those beautiful 60 degree and sunny fall days and down the mountain in Denver it'll be in the 70's. But it's beautiful to see the white stuff falling today.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I'm not ready. So not ready.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I hear ya on not being ready. Thank G (no, not Google) that when the real cold stuff starts I'll be casting flies in the back bays of Florida!! But it has been pretty up here today. It has snowed most of the day up at my place and has been lightly raining down in Denver all day and night. But the snow is being replaced by sun and t-shirt weather tomorrow. Love it!!

http and a telephoto
    Glad I live where I do
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I love the snow. I have an old snowthrower from the 1960s that I use to get the driveway. Still purrs like a cat, even if it is 10+ years older than me. This rednek has me a 4 wheeel driv too. Not too bad if it snows, as long as the tires are good.

-sfcom

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Hey Alan,
    Beat me to it!

Hmmm...if it's snowing up there maybe it'll rain down here...When I think of snow, i think of shovelling...yuck.

After several feet of snow last winter on several occasions, can't say I'm looking forward to it, but on the other hand, the summer was certainly cooler this year and I'm sure the snow pack plays a big part.

Well guys, while you are preparing for snow, we are getting a lot of rain and having near winter temperatures...47 degrees. Gosh, I hate to think that I won't get to use the snow blower anymore!!!!

Enjoy that white stuff Alan. You always get it so much sooner than MN does.

The fall colors have been fantastic here. It's prime time for bird-dogging now that the lower brush leaves have cleared. You know where Covey and I will be this weekend.

Can almost taste them already :-)
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We have had several 2-3 inch days here at 6500 feet. The kids play soccer in all weather unless there's lightning and have had several snow bowls. The runs at the resorts are showing white through the trees. Gary@AvantLink has already skinned up and skied down peaks at Alta and sent pictures (he's part goat).

I got my knee tuned up with some ortho surgery last month and am hitting the gym every day. Will be ready for opening day on the 17th. Can't wait for it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny K
    Enjoy that white stuff Alan. You always get it so much sooner than MN does.

The fall colors have been fantastic here. It's prime time for bird-dogging now that the lower brush leaves have cleared. You know where Covey and I will be this weekend.

Can almost taste them already :-)
    Oh yeah..... sounds great Danny. I can taste em too. Have fun with Covey. We've had three snows so far here at 8,200 ft. Sunday was about 6" and the night time temp dropped to 9 degrees, but today it was sunny and in the 60's. Arapahoe Basin ski area opened two weeks ago and the skiers are already hitting the slopes (or should I say early season rocks)

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Well,

It had to happen sooner or later. Last week, Arapahoe Basin ski area opened, but none of the white stuff here at 8,000 feet yet! This morning though, we are getting our first sneak preview of the season.
    I am a ski bum at heart. A Basin was my first colorado skiing experience. I am in love with that area of the world. The jealousy that runs through my veins after reading your post is thick. I can't wait for our first serious storm of the year. Last year we had aroudn 10 inches TOTAL in Boston. You guys probably already have gotten that. Enjoy the snow and the series!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread