Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CostumeHub.com - FORUM SPAMMER!!!
    CostumeHub was new to CJ this year and I rolled the dice and promoted them pretty heavy (they had a very high commission). I check out their site and they appeared to be heavily stocked with Halloween costumes, whichi is always a concern. Well it has paid off so far. I have had the highest conversion rates and average sale than I have seen from any other company. Anybody else experiencing this?

Who is the top Halloween performers for others?

Hmmm.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

So, what other costume sites did you promote?

I've NEVER had a single conversion with CostumeHub.com.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    If you do good with them, you might do even better with BuyCostumes. Let's say I wanted a Jack Sparrow Prestige Costume, with CostumeHub:

Adult Jack Sparrow Prestige Costume
    Out Of Stock

with BuyCostumes
    In stock, ready to ship!

How are you doing with BuyCostumes?

I stay with CJ merchants mostly. Other good sites this season so for me have been, of course, BuyCostumes, and I have seen some good results with AnyTimeCostumes.

There is no doubt that Buycostumes inventory is deep, but my conversion rate and average sale has been bit higher with CostumeHub. Although I have also seen very strong numbers from BuyCostumes, however their commission is 2% lower which strongly effects the bottom line.

ABW Ambassador
    CostumeHub was horrible for me. It's good you posted this because now I'm doing a lot of comparisons and they just don't compare. Makes me want to push BuyCostumes even more.

On a side note, do you realize how obvious you are?

I prefer to work with honest merchants.

When a merchant comes to ABW and pretends to be an affiliate, it makes me wonder "what other kind of dishonest things will they do?" and "how stupid do they think we are?"
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Nickname too. Trusted Mother. It's like amateur psychology hour.

Maybe I am not pushing Buycostumes enough or in the right manner, if you have seen better numbers. I will have to explore this, maybe I am missing out on alot of missed opportunity if they are performing that much better for you.

Obvious...not quite sure what you mean.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Obvious...not quite sure what you mean.
    Take another look at the thread title, it's also been made obvious what he means!

And yeah, you ARE obvious!

They terminated us. From my account manager:

"Costume Hub was not happy with the fact that you appeared on natural search results where “costume hub” was typed in as the search results. He agreed to work with Flamingo World if you would promote them without appearing on his name searches. Not a very experienced merchant here."

Like it is my fault after having them up for like a week we appear in natural search results. We aren't talking ppc or anything. We didn't even try to get a good result for their name, as it isn't like it is a big search term. We go for more of the broad terms, not merchant names.

Look at who wasn't terminated, and is in the top google spot for costume hub now.

Just watch what shows up in the top natural search results in a few days...

I bet it'll be this:

CostumeHub.com
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I was just trying to get some feedback on what sites were performing best for everybody, to see if there were any gems out there besides the bigger sites like buycostumes, anytimecostumes, costumesupercenter, and spirit.

Still not sure what you are talking about, but doesn't really matter...I will check out some other posts and see if I can find some answers

While you're looking for feedback, gems and answers, stay on the lookout for some integrity, honesty, and character. You'll get much further with those things.

Your gig is up. You're banned.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Hi - and welcome to ABW

Oooops

Nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Hi - and welcome to ABW

Oooops

Nevermind
    Hee-Hee!!

Hmm.

I have had a few sales with CostumeHub. Commission is competitive. Their terms state no reversals ever. From what I can tell, they do mark items as out of stock when they are out.

http and a telephoto
    I'm partial to HalloweenMart But they aren't on CJ.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    They terminated us. From my account manager:

"Costume Hub was not happy with the fact that you appeared on natural search results where “costume hub” was typed in as the search results. He agreed to work with Flamingo World if you would promote them without appearing on his name searches. Not a very experienced merchant here."

Like it is my fault after having them up for like a week we appear in natural search results. We aren't talking ppc or anything. We didn't even try to get a good result for their name, as it isn't like it is a big search term. We go for more of the broad terms, not merchant names.

Look at who wasn't terminated, and is in the top google spot for costume hub now.
    What the...? If that ever happened to me (especially if I was a huge coupon site such as you guys), I would be on the phone with a rep at CJ ASAP, and have them conference call the merchant. There's always the other option of keeping all of the Costume Hub references on the page, and just mentioning that you have no coupons, and forward all the visitors on to a competitor... That would probably get their attention.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    I agree Joshua, send that traffic to a competitor and spend a bit more time to get flamingo world to rank even higher on the page.

That should get there attention.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by PingoPrepaidCallingCards
    I agree Joshua, send that traffic to a competitor and spend a bit more time to get flamingo world to rank even higher on the page.

That should get there attention.
    Isn't it illegal to use their name to send traffic to their competitor?

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    its not illegal if they kicked you out of there affiliate program.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    Isn't it illegal to use their name to send traffic to their competitor?
    Check out the google ppc ads for almost any major brand and you will see another brand bidding on it and taking the traffic. Same with natural SEO.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Just watch what shows up in the top natural search results in a few days...

I bet it'll be this:

CostumeHub.com
    Nice job... it's at #10 right now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast