Setting up an Affiliate Program
    Greeting to all!

I am in the process of setting up an affiliate marketing program. We are in the marble and granite fabrication business, and we were looking to sell principally sinks and faucets, and stone maintenance products. I would greatly appreciate any feed regarding setting up an affiliate network to help sell our products - dicamillogranite.com

Best Regards
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 16th, 2007 at 04:14 PM. Reason: No need to hotlink

I've moved your post to the "Becoming a Merchant" forum and changed "Affiliate Network" to "Affiliate Program" in the title. An affiliate network (like SAS, CJ, LinkShare, or Performics) provides affiliate services for hundreds (or thousands) of merchants. An affiliate program (which is what you're looking to start) is for a single merchant.

Take a look through the links in my signature for some tips on getting started.

You might also want to consult with an OPM (Outsource Program Manager), either to help get you started or to run your program. There are many OPMs active here on ABW.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Kenneth,

Just for clarrification, an Affiliate Network is a company like Shareasale, Commission Junction and Linkshare that manage all the technical, tracking and payments. An Affiliate Program can be run in house and do all of the above, but most run their affiliate programs under an affiliate network.

That said, I know you've already been here posting questions about your site and asking questions. Given the responses, that this might not be a very good product for affiliate marketing, I guess I'm wondering why you have decided to move ahead with an affiliate program?

The best thing you can do at this point, if you indeed decide to start a program, is either do some research here at ABW using the Search button or hire an affiliate manager or outsourced program manager to run your program for you. If you have no experience with running a web site or running an affiliate program, your chances of success are very, very slim. I'd strongly suggest you hire someone with experience to advise you, set everything up and run your program.

Much success!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Program
    Sorry about the typo, actually thats what I meant to say. Moving right along. I am more concern about setting up affiliate program thats attractive profit wise. But there are literally thousands of programs out there, how do you know which one to go with. Any feed back much appreciated

7-days
    I appreciate your concerns "that this might not be a very good product for affiliate marketing") however In my research there are a lot of opportunity with selling sinks and other kitchen related products on the world wide web. The purpose of this program with be to promote our sinks and faucets product line.

Regards

http and a telephoto
    If you have been reading you would see that using a network like Shareasale is most likely going to be the best solution for you. If you don't want to hire an OPM long term, you can hire someone to consult with for the set up process and get you going in the right direction.

Yes, there is a market for sinks etc and there are plenty of affiliates that have appropriate sites to push your products on, as long as you are competitively priced and your site converts well.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks
    Loxly,

Thanks for your input.

Regards

.........lots of trial and error

Hi,
    i could suggest click2sell.eu, but it's very new affiliate network and perhaps they are only starting their activities. In their marketplace I found only 5 products today, so i think they have not much affiliates at this moment. But who knows how big they'll grow?

Cheers,

Regimantas

http and a telephoto
    new merchant + new network with few affiliates = disaster
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by regimantas
    Hi,
    i could suggest click2sell.eu, but it's very new affiliate network and perhaps they are only starting their activities. In their marketplace I found only 5 products today, so i think they have not much affiliates at this moment. But who knows how big they'll grow?

Cheers,

Regimantas
    Are you suggesting "them" because "they" are you? You say "their" and "they" but on this thread you claim you own the site.

I suggest you check out a paid announcement before making any more announcements about your site. That's my suggestion
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

It seems like there's a rash of that lately.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. Please keep the suggestions and pros and cons coming in.

Regards
    Kenneth Gordon

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    We had silestone countertops installed in our kitchen and I'm having a bit of trouble imagining how an affiliate program for custom work with a local/regional presence would work well with an affiliate program.

- granite work is expensive
    - measuring is done on-site by professionals
    - installation is done on-site by professionals
    - buyers want to be able to see the granite slabs and choose their slabs at the manufacturer's location

Do you plan to pay for leads or for the total job?

And while we're talking custom work, I have a silestone slab that was broken on delivery that the installer allowed me to keep. I'd like to have it cut-down for a countertop on a bathroom vanity. Do you work with silestone? Would you be willing to work with my "leftover" slab? (I live near Albany.)

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread