Yesterday I went to a country market, while sitting having a coffee watching the world go by I spotted a little girl about 6 years old.

The beautiful child was just standing by an old tin shed, waiting while her mum shopped.

She was extremely thin and unkempt with a wonderful honey brown skintone, her peach colored floral dress a few sizes too big just hung off her. But on her feet she wore one beautiful maryjane style 'gold' shoe.

That one golden shoe shone more brightly then the sun that day and said more then words could ever say.
    I wish I had a camera with me,there was something so bittersweet about the vision.

Guess I'll have to get out my paints, the image is burned into my brain.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

I tend to notice things like that too and being I am a camera nut I would have had one on me I am sure. I have more than should be considered healthy.

Just your description has burned an image into my mind about it. Perhaps I will express myself too but with poetry...

Heidi

RateMyClassic~GigglePages

Ah! another Dreamer
    It certainly was a special moment, one I don't think I'll ever forget.

BTW Hi Heidi..hadn't got around to welcoming you, here's a little welcome dance

Thomas Edison

Thanks for that image, it brightened my Monday morning at work a bit.

Now I have to get back to my Inbox of problems without solutions...

I would like to see the painting and the poem.
    I have a photograph I want to capture. As you drive down my road, the road goes into a very steep downhill. Right before you start downhill, there is a sign that reads "limited sight distance" Ironically from that perspective you can see distant mountains and the occasional red Tennessee sunset. You can see as far as the eye can see....

Bill
    To know that you do not know is the best.
    To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease.
    Lao-tzu

Sounds like it would make a great photograph, but kind of dangerous to capture...

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for that image of hope against all odds mousejockey

This is off topic but bghtn's post has conjured up a happy memory of mine from a few years ago when I lived in Africa.

Driving up into the mountains for a weekend break in a quaint little cloud encircled getaway known as the Vumba in southern Africa. One would have to pass through a section of road with stunning views of the Chimanimani mountains that separate Mozambique from Zimbabwe. The road has a sheer cliff face on one side and a severe +500 foot drop-off on the other.

As you enter this section there is a sign that reads "Beware Cross Wind". Every time I saw it I couldn't help smiling as it conjured up an image of a cloud moving towards me huffing and puffing saying:

"Bloody Hell... puff, puff, puff.."

Rgds, DPG

It's funny how certain images become ingrained maybe these are some of the wonderful memories we'll remember when we're old and decrepit LOL!

I'm bashing my head on the keyboard for not taking my camera, a magical moment I doubt I'll be able to capture in paint

Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    Hi MouseJockey!!

Wow - sounds like a little angel in disguise. That would have had me in tears.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread