Do any of you do any of your site work from your real job? (Beside reading ABW and checking stats) If so..what?

Bill
    Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.
    George Gurdjieff

I used to..

Ford Fox-body Owners Club
    http://www.ford-fox.org

ABW Ambassador
    I work with databases all day. My co-workers wouldn't know if I was working on official business or my datafeeds by looking over my shoulder.

I limit that to Fridays after 3, though.

ABW Ambassador
    I used to be active on my message boards, look for new merchants on the networks, look for ways to promote and type up letters & spreadsheets to be used later, but some people got in hot water here, so I've had to cut back...though I'm still constantly sending reminders home via my start page

FreeCallz.com

Hmm well I work at work. My job is to sit at ABW.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com
    6% PER SALE ~ RECURRING COMMISSIONS FOR 1 YEAR ~ ABW MEMBERS CONVERT AT LESS THAN 1/30 ~ DEDICATED AM WHO'LL DO ALMOST ANYTHING ~ TONS OF CASH WAITING TO BE TAKEN! ~ PARASITE FREE ~ PRIVATE FORUM AT ABW

Thankfully part of my job consists of supporting websites for a few clients and giving recommendations on improvements. Therefore reading ABW and researching internet marketing is considered part of the job.

I will act now. I will act now. I will act now.

Well, ABW is sort-of working since security of our IT systems forms part of the remit, and parasiteware is a becoming a major issue.

Honest.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.

Affiliate Manager
    This is my job

Life is good today

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

ABW Ambassador
    LOL!! Omigauld - talk about "work" while at work. When I had my old job - I think I was doing more affiliate stuff there then I was my actual work. I must have spent 4-5 hours a day doing my affiliate stuff. I had FrontPage on my computer - so I'd be designing site. I'd be researching keywords. Then I'd be adding keywords - I mean loads of them. I'd be checking stats - I WAS A STATS JUNKY!!! LOL!! I mean like every hour - 3/4 times an hour. LOL!! Of course, I spent all day - I mean ALL DAY - on and off the boards. LOL!!! It was so FUN!! Those were the good ole days - I miss that SOOOO MUCH and being on the boards all day. Ahh, the memories. I think I'm gonna cry.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

Yeap, they were the good old days...

Only 2 years ago LOL!
    Amazing how we have to adapt to changes quickly in this business.
    You can be cruising along one day and suddenly someone tries to pull the rug out from under you, but you either hang on for grim death or just grab another rug

I've just had an area rug pulled out from under me, eh!...working on putting in a persian carpet to over compensate LOL!

BTW I'm still a stats junkie...still go to bed with the log files and work...what's that?
    ..I'm still having too much fun to call this work

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    LOL!!! MouseJockey your funny. Yeah - I managed to hang on to the threads of what used to be a huge area rug. Now with all the threads unraveled it survived to be a nice little welcome rug that fits just nice. LOL!! Yeah!! It's still fun. Heck I just love computers. And now I can do computers and stay home. What more can you ask for.

I'm not a stats junky anymore - I pretty much know what I'm gonna make - I check them twice a day. And sometimes not even that. Some I don't even bother checking at all. But I always check CJ at least once. I was electro shocked into rehab with the unexpectancy of lost wages. LOL!!!

I never thought I'd think or say it - but the affiliate marketing business and search engines are extremely unstable and unpredictable from one day to the next. No loyalty whatsoever. I would never solely depend on it again.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread