Is there some kind of stats program I can buy that will pull all my affiliate sales and commissions and report them on one page whenever I want it? I had heard Afftrack.com could do something like this, but I can't make heads or tails of thier web site and surely could not find a price list anywhere.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

AFFTRACK RULES!!!

The plan that tracks up to 10 programs ( linkshare, for example, is a program). If you are under $10000 a month, the cost is $79.something per month.

They have lower level tracking as well that tracks less programs and costs less, and higher level tracking as well. I highly recommend Afftrack.

ABW Ambassador
    $80 a month for a small site making $10k ? thats outrageous for that glorified perl script... geez I had no idea it was that pricey!

Does it do something that necessitates a MRC?

I agree, last time I looked at their site, I got lost too...

----
    -J
    Up in the air in revenue share

Where does one find the prices at their web site? I got lost.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

$79 a month is too much for a site making up to 120,000 a year? For people who don't know how to do scripting or don't have the time to figure it out, it is a bargain.

You can cut the dead weight on your site at a glance and bring in sites the produce better. YOu also get feedback every day in your mailbox that lists every merchant you had a sale for in the last 24 hours, with monthly totals, and a running total of your commissions each month ( clicks, sales, etc..)

I am sure it is worth more to some than others. We all have opinions, and most of the top sites are using Revtrends, so they are doing something right..

From the Afftrack site, you would go to revtrends..

http://www.revtrends.com/

click on order to order (or see prices)

If you have a small site ( less than 5000 a month ) you can get a plan that tracks 5 programs for $19.95 a month.

It is a good tracking system if you need one. I don't know how I lived without it.

[This message was edited by Anne on March 05, 2003 at 02:28 AM.]

Goto http://www.revtrends.com/order.asp and in the promo code box enter ABWEB and you'll get a free two week trial, thanks to Wayne.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Thanks Anne and Haiko (and Wayne for the trial). I'll give it a shot and see if it is what I am looking for.

You know, I've been to their site several times and never found the links you gave me. Either I am blind or thier site is poorly designed. Or both. LOL

Thanks again.

ABW Ambassador
    It looks great, but even with their most expensive package (have not looked at Enterprise), it would still not be enough to cover all my Indy's as well as networks.

Shame because it looks brilliant.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Anne- thanks for your kind words. I am glad it is helping you, that motivates our team!

In response to our site being difficult to navigate the AffTrack site is intended for very Enterprise class sites where as RevTrends is designed for the majority of affiliates. I do appreciate the feedback and we are looking into improving navigation and making it more clear.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It looks great, but even with their most expensive package (have not looked at Enterprise), it would still not be enough to cover all my Indy's as well as networks.

Shame because it looks brilliant. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy, the Enterprise version analyzes an up to 1500 accounts. Indys are no problem as our team works with clients to setup and prepare stats for indys or any networks they might have. This system is much more expensive checking in at a minimum of $250 a month. For affiliates who are on the "cusp" between RevTrends and Enterprise we can sharpen the pencil to make it work financially.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> $80 a month for a small site making $10k ? thats outrageous for that glorified perl script... geez I had no idea it was that pricey!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joseph,

To say it is a "glorified perl script" really an unfair classification. It is quite complex in what it can pull and tabulate including bonuses, hybrids, factors in batch and reversals, true commission etc. It is also involves a large amount of Q&A. In addition our TransTrack and iTrack products are also complex tools to pull and handle transaction data for incentive sites and in the future sites that want to calculate ROI on a very fine basis. It is also a complete accounting engine for these type of sites that let's sites administer revenue splits, payouts, etc.

$80/mo is not expensive for the majority of productive affiliates once they start adding up the time they spend in doing complex analysis, much of this analysis that could not be done by hand. (i.e determining daily EPC by hand). Also the benefits go up with the more programs one works with. It doesn't help much if you have a content site with a few merchants, but once that gets above a couple of dozen you want to know what is happening.

In terms of cost savings just being able to have data to renegotiate relationships or replacing ones you thought made you money with better ones justifies the expense. As Anne pointed out a large number of top affiliates use it and there is a reason for this- they realize that their time is better spent producing content or negotiating for a point rather then spending this time on manual data collection. One point can make a BIG difference if you have a lot of volume.

Naturally data is only useful if you put it to work with for you.

I realize some affiliates habitually log-in to look at stats and that is understandable because you want to know what is going on, but checking stats and doing comparative analysis are different.

Unfortunately our products can't really help sites that make little or no revenue (I wish they could). They are designed for successful or emerging affiliates who want to focus more time on generating revenue rather then doing calculations to determine where it is really working. Ultimately- what is your time worth?

If people have questions they can feel free to contact me direct and as Haiko pointed out there is a free trial for ABW members.

regards,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com

Wayne,

Thanks for all the helpful information. I was simply looking at your wrong site. I should have gone to revtrends. Clear and simple there. Got lost at Afftrack, though.

Wayne, I have several independents. Can I track them? If so, I have several affiliate ID's, one for each web site with them. Does this all count as one account?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Ron,

Thanks for your response. We developed the RevTrends service/site to try to get advanced analysis in the hands of more emerging affiliates. We classify "emerging" as doing less then 10k a month in commissions, but well on their way to growth.

For AffTrack Enterprise customers we can analyze any account- they tell us an we do it. Normally within 2-3 business days depending on load.

RevTrends clients choose from an existing (and growing) pool. A fairly comphrehensive list is provided here http://revtrends.com/affiliate_programs.asp

We are platform agnostic so Indys are not a problem, but we keep the custom addition feature for Enteprise clients because the process is very time consuming for our team.

Everything is based on a per account basis. So if you have one BeFree account- all of the merchants on that network count as one account. If you have two logins- it is two accounts. You change your # at any time within the interface.

On that note- We also have a planned service coming out for Kowabunga powered merchants - this is in the mid-development stage and folks can expect an official announcement by AffiliateForce2003. If a merchant decides to participate (the merchant pays a small monthly fee), it will allow the affiliate to analyze all of the participating Kowabunga relationships with one platform.

This Kowabunga-based service will be FREE for affiliates and RevTrends clients will get to add these in at no cost. IF and only IF the merchant decides to participate. This won't replace a merchant's reporting, but it will save affiliates time in terms of analyzing relationships and give the indy merchant a visability boost. (I am happy to say that I am privileged in that I get to work with some of the best affiliates on the Web.)

Another addition we are working on is a fast export of relationships into one spreadsheet with ALL vital analysis in one report. This allows someone to go through their list and work on negotiations. That is still forthcoming as there are technical obstacles to overcome. We are always working on things and value any feedback or suggestions from clients.

Feel free to contact me at wayne@afftrack.com if you have further questions and I can pass you on to a sales person who can work with you on an individual basis to see if we can meet your needs.

best,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.

Wayne,

Thanks for all this great info. Wonderful!

One last question, and this had to do with security. Am I giving your company information about my sites? Are you getting my URL's in order to track my sales and commissions?

Thanks again.

ABW Ambassador
    This sounds like something I could use. I just signed up for the two week trial. Although I don't need it right now, I hope to take advantage of your 'pencil sharpening' sometime in the next couple of months. Mind if i quote you later?

ABW Ambassador
    Chrisk- sure. Contact me when ready.

Ron,

Security and privacy are our priorities. We use SSL at all times (not even huge networks do this). All servers are locked at our facility and protected with security systems. We maintain extremely tight internal controls on data, security audits, and on even who can work with data. We have also been in business for four years- we are not a fly-by-night.

Check our terms at bottom of page. The only thing we can do is pull data on your behalf. That's it and that is all we do.

In summary many of the largest affiliates and site's use our service- some of them publicly traded. We have earned their trust by being diligent and responsible at all times.

best,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.

ABW Ambassador
    I must admit that giving my username & passwords for the networks and Indy's made me think twice about even trying the trial.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Wayne.

Andy,
    Agreed. This is why I don't like the MRC model (in addition to the MRC of course), but prefer something that I own and run on my own....with timely updates, or whatever.

With all of the valuable information our stats provide to afftrack, seems like they should pay us to use it.

Perhaps I'd be more interested if it *was* just a "glorified perl script"

BTW, to anyone who uses it, does afftrack do any tracking of ROI of various campaigns? Can it do advanced visitor tracking and stats matching from web server logs and network stats or just the stats provided by the networks (and indys)?

Thanks...

----
    -J
    Up in the air in revenue share

Wayne

May as well ask these questions here as they're a development of the discussion above ...

1) How do you handle/report multiple sites within accounts? I am becoming very aware of the time involved in collecting and analysing stats from multiple sources - drilling down an extra level to site level analysis is currently on the "too difficult" list. You'll be aware of sub-sites within CJ, LS etc, but I'm also thinking about things like multiple Amazon tracking IDs, multiple IDs at Allposters, even the ability to track multi-site sales in TigerDirect's KB powered program.

2) I would be on the verge of the $10kpm/10 account limit - how transparent would the transition from RevTrends to Enterprise be when the time came?

3) What information would you need from me to come up with a "sharpened pencil" Enterprise price? Would such an offer include the ability to add any/all additional accounts (independents etc) - this catch-all aspect is a major attraction of the Eneterprise version.

Thanks in advance

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry for the delay in getting back- I have children with the flu this week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> BTW, to anyone who uses it, does afftrack do any tracking of ROI of various campaigns? Can it do advanced visitor tracking and stats matching from web server logs and network stats or just the stats provided by the networks (and indys)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joseph- we can do things like that, but it is custom work and not cheap. We are working on some things to help affiliates gauge the effectiveness of their campaigns utilizing transaction level detail. In some cases that might mean integrating with another solution.

In terms of MRC I am not sure what you mean? We looked at operating it as a stand-alone program, but the obstacles in achieving that are large and an ASP is far more achievable and flexible. Also we practice good stewardship when we collect data and spiders are on many different schedules as we work with technical teams of other providers.

In terms of stats... We do look at aggregate numbers to answer questions like- Is affiliate marketing really growing? (which it is- and fast), but identifiable data is never released for any reason. Even intra-company access to data is highly restricted- I can't even see what people are doing unless a customer authorizes me to work with them on analysis. I do see aggregate numbers as that is part of my job. But again, internal data controls are very stringent.

In terms of other solutions- I don't know any that work on a true automated basis. There are probably programs that can categorize data and do some analysis, but you would have to load data yourself.

This works for some people and might be best for very small affiliates with limited budgets, however you are never really getting an accurate picture because of reversals, batch transactions, etc.

And the time you spend doing that, you could be working on something more productive like generating new pages or just taking some time off...which is just as important I think! Especially if you want to avoid burnout and have a life. I don't think we, as online professionals, look at that enough. Everyone needs time away to recharge.

CrazyGuy (tm)

1) First, we have a differentiation between sub-sites and member-id tracking. The member-id level tracking is what we call transaction level tracking. For instance, at CJ we collect sub-site information and you can break down reports by this. This is different than the SID parameter which is transaction level tracking which we support with the TransTrack and iTrack products. The transaction report for Tiger Direct is considered transaction level information.

We currently support transaction level detail for:

LinkShare
    Performics
    CJ
    Be Free
    UK Affiliates
    Trade Doubler
    Tiger Direct

Plus a few others.

Site level detail is covered a bit less comprehensively but we do support it for CJ and Amazon. Not LinkShare at this point but we may in the future. If you have highly technical questions you can address them to our CTO, Scott McNulty at scott@afftrack.com

2) The integration would be completely transparent.

3) I would need you to talk with our sales staff. Again- just email me and I'll put you in touch and let them know your an ABW member. (wayne@afftrack.com)

regards,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread