Problem - Anyone Using Christmascatalog???
    I started using them a week or so ago for a couple of products they have. I'm getting some traffic for a couple of their products so I threw up the product links. Today when I clicked on the links they show my pid on the clickthrough and then on the redirect to the product page it shows another pid. I asked Trust to check it out for me which he did and gets the same thing.

He mentioned that it looked like there were 2 pids in the code. After looking again there were 2 pids in the code. I have been changing my links a few times a day because of products running out and thought maybe I made a mistake. I went to pull up the code from CJ and it is the same code. 2 pids in it and only one is mine. I'm curious if anyone else is using product links from them and if they see the same thing??? Below is the code with the first XXXXXX being my pid and then another pid:

Lenox Santa Kermit Ornament

)

The question is will we get credit for the sale???

I'm still curious if anyone here knows coding and if so will the code above track a sale????

I emailed the merchant asking about the 2 pid numbers and here is the response if anyone is interested.

"The PID that doesn’t match yours is our ProductID number to match the product in our database. Unless you’re having any tracking problems, all should be well." Might be time for a test purchase

http://www.************/click-XXXXXX...mascatalog.com /web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?pid=269618&cm_ven=Commission%20Junction&cm_cat=Orn aments&cm_pla=Datafeeds&cm_ite=Ornaments%[ERROR]2 520Product&cjsku=6412084

When you decode it, it shows an error. I don't know if this helps or matters, but I thought I'd pass it along.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

leeann, thanks for the info. I ended up replacing the links with their regular generic links going to the homepage. Unfortunately they don't have a link for a redirect so I can't even link to the product page. I'm going to try and call them today to see if they will at least put in a redirect link for us. I might have CJ take a look also just because the EPC on their links is almost nonexistent even for being a new merchant. Thanks again

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread