Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone familiar with HotelsByCity.com?
    The first I noticed HotelsByCity.com was in the October Promo Thread. I looked at their SAS blurb and checked out the site - to learn what I could.

I realize its a bit "early" because they just recently joined, but does anyone have any experience with them or additional info about them?

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Internet Cowboy
    I think Mike Nunez was managing that at one point. I could be wrong.

HotelsByCity.com New Program
    Hey Beachy / Everyone Else,

My name is Andrew and I am the affiliate program manager for HotelsByCity.com. (we never ran a program with Nunez in the past) Thought I would jump in and just give a brief overview of our company. We are new to the merchant space, although we have been in the affiliate game for many years.

Were hoping that the experience we have had as an affiliate will help make our program more effective for our partners.

We launched our program just 3 days ago, and have already received a few sales. One of the things that makes our program unique is we pay on every sale that an affiliate partner refers through our site. The travel industry is often difficult to be an affiliate in because you often have to wait up to 6 months to collect commissions, and then you don't get paid on cancels, etc.

So we put out a flat rate program that makes it simple, send us a sale we pay $10 no matter what.

Like any good SAS program, we have setup auto deposit $200.00 min, 90 day cookie, commission overrides, and we also provide a full support team for any custom requirements from banners, to data feeds, etc.

Anyways it's late and this is starting to sound like a sales pitch, sorry about that, just wanted to make sure that you know we are available if you have any questions.

I took a look at your program. Seems like a very good offer. But I think phone tracking is really important. You should look into it with SaS, it is apparently very easy to implement.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    I took a look at your program. Seems like a very good offer. But I think phone tracking is really important. You should look into it with SaS, it is apparently very easy to implement.
    Hey Knight01,

thanks for taking the time to review our program, it is definetly our goal to be the most compelling offer in the travel space. As for phones, we are still working on implementing that, but as we have stated on our sign up page, anyone doing more than 5 sales a day, can be assigned a custom phone number.

FYI. Phones work out to be about 20% of total sales, so we would be happy to tack on 20% for anyone producing 2+ daily sales.

Hi Andrew,

The site looks good. I just joined your program.

Do you think you will be able to make a banner with a search box? If so, can you try and make some different sizes?

Good Luck!

Oops...I see you have a banner. Can you try and make some smaller ones for us to choose from?

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    Oops...I see you have a banner. Can you try and make some smaller ones for us to choose from?
    Hey Pork Chop,

maybe just let me know what size you are looking for, and we can build a couple this morning, also if anyone else has any suggestions for banner sizes or specific creatives, just post them up here, and I will update you when we get them launched.

UPDATE:

New Search banners are now live, check them out in your SAS back office!

The search boxes look good.
    Can I request one more banner? A 120 x 60 with your logo and the green "go"

Thanks for coming here and getting our feedback :-)

We'll launch that new banner after lunch :-)

New 120X60 Banner is Live!

Hi Andrew,

Have you tested the search banners? I am having trouble with some.

The second one that is real colorful has sort of a double image at the bottom and the go button is under the white search box (not beside it as it shows in the SAS links)

The third search banner's white entry box is wider and drops down covering part of the green go image.

If they do not, can you please have these search box results open in a new window?

Thank you!

Andrew,

I sent you an email

Hey Pork Chop,

I got your email, it looks like SaS is having some problems processing our dynamic banners, they work within the SaS back office, but when you copy the code, and put it on your site, they break.

So we are working with SaS to get this fixed ASAP, I anticipate it being 100% later today.

FYI - for now sales are still being tracked, just conversions won't be as good as they could be.

Thank you. Please post an update here when the fix is made.

As a reminder, please have the results open in a new window.

Hi Andrew,

First off, welcome!

I run a travel booking site using the same back end provider as HotelsbyCity (though on a much smaller scale), and have always looked at you guys as the ones in the space who were doing it right. I'm curious to see how your program goes.

Best of luck.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Hey Eathan,

Thanks for supporting our efforts, I'm curious if you look at the commissions you are generating, you may find that our program is more lucrative, even for you!

If you do decide to give us a shot, even just with some of your traffic, (ex. a few search boxes) let me know, we can setup something custom for you if you need.

Tip: Search Boxes are usually the best converting method of sending traffic in the travel industry.

Quote Originally Posted by hotelsbycity
    Hey Eathan,

Thanks for supporting our efforts, I'm curious if you look at the commissions you are generating, you may find that our program is more lucrative, even for you!
    Actually, you probably would've been right a year or two ago when we were casting a wide net. $10 is pretty generous for general audience travel. We've since trimmed down our focus to a smaller set of higher priced destinations, but if I ever get the time and resources to bring back our site targeting the college set and build our new general audience site, I might give you a try. Know any coders who'll work on spec?

Our retail site has been the main focus this last year, but I'd like to play a bit more in travel. Too many irons, too few fires to keep 'em all aglow...

If you do decide to give us a shot, even just with some of your traffic, (ex. a few search boxes) let me know, we can setup something custom for you if you need.

Tip: Search Boxes are usually the best converting method of sending traffic in the travel industry.
    Thanks for the tip and the offer!

And again, best of luck!
    Eathan Mertz

Only if they are working (wink)
    I hope they fix them before the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    I might give you a try. Know any coders who'll work on spec?
    We run a web development company that specializes in building websites for the hospitality industry you can check it out here:

http://www.hbcweb.com
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 19th, 2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: easy with the link dropping.

Will do.
    Eathan Mertz

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    Only if they are working (wink)
    I hope they fix them before the weekend
    Yeah sorry about that delay! They should be 100% now, I just tested the one on your site, it's working great!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey;

good luck with your program;
    I have a few questions
    You state this, "So we put out a flat rate program that makes it simple, send us a sale we pay $10 no matter what."

I dont understand. are you saying your paying $10 on every booking? Reagrdless if it cancels or not?
    and your paying up front before the actual hotel stay?
    This seems very unusual as most hotel booking merchants pay a 3-6% commission on total night stays ( paid after departure) so $10 would work out very low unless you figure that affiliates receive commissions on cancelled stays as well as hotel stays.

Reason is, I ran an hotel affiliate program for years and will soon be running a new one as well and we are always looking at other options for paying commissions
    would love to hear how you end up doing.

Good luck thou and make sure u provide banners for each city & country/a full data base and a search box for your affiliates.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I signed up for the program yesterday and hope to see results soon. I am a 4 bar publisher with CJ, but am new to SAS. I decided to start using SAS since it seems like a bunch of the members here do. I love their interface. Congrats on the birth of the program and I look forward to working with you.

-sfcom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast