Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    The Children's Place Program
    In case you don't get the email, I guess for everybody?:

"Do to fall sale and early Holiday shoppers, we're experiencing heavy volume on our site that has caused a backlog in our fulfillment center. Due to this issue, we regretfully need to temporarily put a pause on our affiliate partnership. We want to convey our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this might cause, and hope that you can be patient with us as we work hard to remedy the situation.

Please understand we always strive to provide an easy and friendly online shopping experience for our customers. That is why, with this current backlog and delayed shipments; we feel this is the best solution for the time being. Again, please accept our apologies. We value your partnership and will be prepared to renew it once the problem is resolved. We thank you for your understanding, and look forward to working with you again."

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I certainly didn't get an email like that.

ABW Ambassador
    Just got it a few minutes ago, might still be on the way.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Nice.

Pull the program just before the Holiday season.

Although we haven't gotten the email either. Yet.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I got the same one a few minutes ago.

Sure hope we are not being singled out. We generated a lot of sales for them this last 2 months. So, do our job well then get pulled?

Very strange.

Sounds like it is a merchandising issue that needs to be corrected on their end. Affiliates can still drive traffic to in stock items if the site still has something to sell. Holidays? I guess we will have to promote their competitors.

Very Very Strange.

ABW Ambassador
    That's why I was a little confused and it could be they just got their wording wrong:

"Due to this issue, we regretfully need to temporarily put a pause on our affiliate partnership."

With me or CJ or did they mean pause on the affiliate program. The reasons they gave for it would affect everybody so I assumed they paused it for everybody. Not sure, could be it just takes time for the email to get out there.

Shall be interesting to see what else is said.

I really, really don't get it. TCP is huge and should be able to find another solution to whatever their problem is other than cutting off limbs that generate five figure sales or more for them a month. Commission on affiliate sales is a lot less that the overhead they carry on there brick and mortar stores.

Hope it's just not you and me Trust. TCP had prime real estate on our site in Q3. Doesn't help us and our loyality building efforts when our most popular merchants pull us in prime time.

Not-so-happy~

Gina

Damn, they are one of my top CJ merchants. Perhaps time for them to get a better fulfillment center!

ABW Ambassador
    Connie, did you get the email too? I never took down links and I'm still getting sales from them, links still work and haven't heard back from them. And they still show as active for me.

Yes, I got the email from them.

ABW Ambassador
    So you're still getting sales? Will try another email to them, try to see what's up.

I had deactivated them on my site. I can reactivate them to see if any sales come in in the next day or so.

My last event date is:
    22-Oct-2007 10:35 PDT
    I don't get a ton of sales from them, but a few when they have good sales.

I am showing sales today from them. Whether or not we get paid remains to be seen.

I didn't receive the email.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

What did they do to 'pause' the relationship? I don't think they are aware that with CJ even when an affiliate is expired the links still forward to the destination but the affiliate just doesn't get commission. However if they deactivate the entire program, that would cause the CJ link error to display instead of forwarding to the destination url.

Someone needs to educate CJ merchants a bit better.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

ABW Ambassador
    I actually never saw any pausing. The links still work and sales still came in and they still show as active for me at CJ. So who knows.

Question termination from Children's Place
    Did anyone get terminated from Children's Place????

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Just got this email:

"
    Dear Affiliate,
    We have spent a significant amount of time during the past several months evaluating publisher profitability and the impact it has had on our business. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to continue our relationship as you’re cost to sale ratio falls beyond affordability.

We have taken action and expired your relationship with The Children’s Place. As a result, your affiliation will end on November 2nd. All commissions outstanding through that time will be paid in full in this coming November.

We thank you for your support and would be happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding this decision.

Best Regards,

Childrensplace.com affiliate marketing team "
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    That's ok, I got this one.....

We are in the process of cleaning up our affiliate program and have made the decision to expire all publishers that show no revenue activity over the past three months. You are receiving this email because your account falls under within the inactive category.

If you would like to continue your affiliation with The Children’s Place and have plans to activate, please contact us. We would be happy to re-evaluate our decision.

Best Regards,

Childrensplace.com affiliate marketing team

ABW Ambassador
    Nothing so far and I get almost daily sales from them so we'll see. But the 2 reasons I see above, don't really make much sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    That's ok, I got this one.....

We are in the process of cleaning up our affiliate program and have made the decision to expire all publishers that show no revenue activity over the past three months. You are receiving this email because your account falls under within the inactive category.

If you would like to continue your affiliation with The Children’s Place and have plans to activate, please contact us. We would be happy to re-evaluate our decision.

Best Regards,

Childrensplace.com affiliate marketing team
    I've gotten several of those emails today from different merchants I'm in the process of updating sites right now and I'm a little skeptical about pushing them if I'm going to be yanked from their programs. Of course in my situation I can see some of the merchants point becuase of my lack of business with them mostly do to poor listings and poor updating on my part.

ABW Ambassador
    I guess merchants don't know the holidays are coming up and should sit tight.

Even though I got the "temporarily deactivated" email several weeks ago. Sales tracked up through this week.

ABW Ambassador
    My sources tell me that they have financial issues and cutting back their affiliate program. If you are risk averse, it may be better to find alternative partners to replace the TCP, IMO even if you did not get a termination notice or pending deactivation mail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast