Bummer!
    EzineArticles decided to throw out one of my articles. They said it didn't pass the quality control due to a tease violation.

I let this bum me out for a couple days, then decided to e-mail them and ask what was wrong with it. It made sense, and now I can change it.

It was one of two I submitted to them so that means one was okay, but I still got bummed. First Rejection! I instantly began to doubt myself.

I'm okay now though. Have any of you got rejected? How did you handle your first time, and get back on track. I know falling on your butt is all part of it, you fail at some things, and succeed at others, but the important thing is not giving up.

I just wanted to hear from others who experienced this so I don't feel I'm the only one.

What is a tease violation? Promising something you can't deliver like a bonus or incentive?

Quote Originally Posted by lookingfortips
    What is a tease violation? Promising something you can't deliver like a bonus or incentive?
    They said that my title was misleading.

My article was titled; America's Favorite Restaurant Recipe Secrets Revealed. I talked about the secrets behind great dishes, and disclosed that there really weren't any secret ingredients, just the method of cooking and the combination of ingredients. Then I explained how my product has revealed these secrets.

Ezine said that's a tease, because people had to click away from the article to find the recipes, or combinations and methods. They want me to compare recipes in the article, or discuss the method or combination of ingredients.

For instance what makes Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies different from other chocolate chip cookies. Compare the two recipes and show how adding one extra ingredient makes all the difference in the world.

My article didn't provide enough useful content and forced people to go to my blog to find out more, and that's called teasing, according to Ezine.

It made sense, and I'm glad I got the courage to ask, that way I can improve it.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread