How to maximize Exhibit Hall Pass at ad:tech NY?
    What is the best way for affiliates to learn something or otherwise get the most
    from an exhibit hall pass at ad:tech NY?

What type of activities/sponsors are at ad:tech NY?

What do you [as an example] find interesting at exhibit hall "events"?
    Is it worth it to attend just the exhibit hall? [I live in NY]
    Or should one go only in conjunction with the conference?

This announcement from CJ alerted me to the event:
    Commission Junction will be exhibiting at the upcoming ad:tech conference scheduled from November 5-8, 2007 at the New York Hilton. Exhibit Hall Only passes are FREE if reserved prior to the event, so if you are in the area, register now and donít forget to visit booth #107 and say hello. For more information visit the ad:tech New York Web site.
    Any tips? I decided to register while the registration was free.

Also, ladies: what do you wear to events like this? Thanks
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 18th, 2007 at 11:27 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

If I don't go to spain I may drop by ad:tech

does ad:tech have a lot of swag and I double Rhias question I'd like to know as well

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    If I don't go to spain I may drop by ad:tech
    I'd be willing to drop ad:tech in order to go to Spain with you

Seriously, I'd like to hear from those in the know: can an affiliate benefit from the exhibit hall or does this conference really have a different thrust?

What might an affiliate learn and/or "get" from the exhibit hall?

The name "ad:tech" is rather a general one. I have a feeling that affiliate marketing might be a segment of the entire schema.
    Is it a good thing for an affiliate interested in affiliate marketing to attend?
    What type of questions should an affiliate ask when meeting people/"reps" at a table or booth in the exhibit hall?
    What would be a good conversation opener?
    What should the affiliate look for?
    Are there any "gotcha situations" the affiliate should walk away from?
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 19th, 2007 at 12:39 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    Affiliate marketing is a small part of adtech. There is a lot of swag There are lots of networks and search companies and cpa networks and *people* at adtech NYC. It is worth going if others you know are going and you want to network, like any other conference or event.

You get out of it what you put into it
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I want to go for the swag, I really dont want to go but it gives me a reason to get out the house if I don't go to spain.

might be going to barcelona for a microsoft event.

I am thinking of flying to france and taking the bullet train to spain.

http and a telephoto
    I haven't been to Europe yet, that sounds like fun. But with AdTech and an Blogging conference in Vegas that week, I don't think Europe is on the agenda. lol.
    Deborah Carney

Me either, I haven't been to Europe yet so this will be my first trip. I have tickets and everything already but I'm still not 100% sure I'm going. Thank god for travel insurance lol if I don't go in November I will go some other time.

Ad:tech really shows all sides of online marketing with a very small portion of it being affiliate marketing. The companies that do exhibit are some of the same people we consider unethical, utilize questionable technologies or run adware offers. There are also a few CPA networks. So is it worth it to go? Yeah for the swag, and the possibility of meeting some people face to face absolutely! The price is right also - FREE!

Clothing wise -> business casual with comfy shoes.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I want to go for the swag, I really dont want to go but it gives me a reason to get out the house if I don't go to spain.

might be going to barcelona for a microsoft event.

I am thinking of flying to france and taking the bullet train to spain.
    What exactly is the ad:tech swag?
    Is that like a free promotional key chain or something?
    I might show up just for a key chain

If you have a chance to combine Barcelona with a computer related event, Mike, go.
    I haven't been to Barcelona but I've been to other places in Spain [I love Spain--I'd love to see Barcelona].
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 19th, 2007 at 10:39 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I don't know T-shirts bags candy i will get there early pick something up from every booth thats worth something, then head to times square and hawk it lol.

I don't know T-shirts bags candy i will get there early pick something up from every booth thats worth something, then head to times square and hawk it lol.
    You sound like a lot of fun, Mike

I once attended an Internet show at the Jacob Javitz Center back in 1995 (it was open to the public and the goal was to get people to use the Internet).
    I enjoyed that trade show and it was at that trade show that I signed up for my ISP [that I have remained loyal (for 12 years) to in spite of the take-overs from bigger companies--I always loved my e-mail name even though others don't understand my attachment].

I didn't catch any of the t-shirts thrown to the audience [after one demonstration/speech] but afterwards I begged the guy for a t-shirt, he asked if I would wear it and I said yes.
    It was a FIREFLY.com t-shirt and it still is one of my favorite t-shirts to wear to the gym

The Expo Only passes include access to 4 keynotes, these must be the ones:
    Tues, 11/06 12-1PM: Keynote: The New Media Universe: Forging a Model of Interdependence -- it would be interesting to hear the speakers examine the"deep understanding of the rapidly evolving consumer" and apply that to web related techniques.
    Then from 4-5 the Exec VP from Nielsen Media Research will speak about branding --that sounds very interesting.

Do free pass holders only have access to keynote speeches on November 6th?

I'd like to see Wednesday's "Keynote: Innovate or Die! Thriving in the Age of Disruption" but I don't think that is included with the free pass.

Do all your planning face-to-face at ad:tech. Get in front of more than 350 interactive marketing companies, exhibiting on 3 floors! Expo Only passes include access to 4 keynote presentations and many of the special events.[*]
    Are the special events we have access to specified or do we get to guess?
    I have a feeling that free exhibit hall pass holders are not invited to the MediaWhiz Annual ad:tech Poker Party
    I wish the site would let free exhibit hall pass holders know exactly what special events are included.
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 19th, 2007 at 12:03 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I wish the site would let free exhibit hall pass holders know exactly what special events are included.
    Ummmm ..... Exhibit Hall, thus the name, exhibit hall pass. [img]images/icons/icon6.gif[/img]
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Ummmm ..... Exhibit Hall, thus the name, exhibit hall pass. [img]images/icons/icon6.gif[/img]
    Yes, but refer to my quote from above, "Expo Only passes include access to 4 keynote presentations and many of the special events."

The "many" is a direct quote. I wish that instead of being vague with the word "many" that the included events were listed.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http://www.ad-tech.com/ny/register-ny.asp The sign up form says:

Exhibit Hall Only
    (includes exhibit hall and keynotes only)

I think that's pretty darn clear, but with a name like exhibit hall pass, I can see where your confused.

More so when ONLY other offered pass is:

Full Conference Pass
    (includes all sessions, keynotes, lunches, exhibit hall and sponsored forums based on availability; does not include "by invitation only" events)

Be careful crossing the street.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Haiko, I was looking at http://www.ad-tech.com/ny/

I was looking at this section right here:
    Monday, November 5 Ė Tuesday, November 6.
    The Exhibit Hall is free when you register before November 4th!

Do all your planning face-to-face at ad:tech. Get in front of more than 350 interactive marketing companies, exhibiting on 3 floors! Expo Only passes include access to 4 keynote presentations and many of the special events.
    The way the information is grouped on http://www.ad-tech.com/ny/
    inspired my questions and comments.

Maybe they're trying to get people to upgrade to "Expo Only" -- it doesn't matter, I was just commenting on some of the interesting speeches

The 6th looks like the happening day for the free pass holders (not that I'm trying to synchronize my schedule).
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 19th, 2007 at 01:17 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

many other special events usually is private parties where exhibitors and press are invited.

Didn't we have this same conversation last year when ad tech was here?

Last year I went for the free beer, but I learned something that almost doubled my traffic.

really, it took adtech for you to find out sex sells?

I just received this exciting e-mail about adtech:
    UPGRADE OFFER:
    As an Exhibit Hall attendee, you already have access to this and 3 other exciting keynote presentations!
    See, that's what I was wondering about...I'd like to know exactly which keynote presentations [any that says the word "keynote"?] I can attend ... of course the e-mail urges an upgrade so that I may indulge in "45+ sessions, 200+ speakers and intimate networking opportunities that occur in the conference hallway."

I'd like to plan on the 4 (or at least 1 out of the 4).
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 19th, 2007 at 07:20 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Okay, I looked at the schedule and these are the keynote addresses:

tuesday, november 6
    12:00 pm
    1:00 pm Keynote: The New Media Universe: Forging a Model of Interdependence

4:00 pm
    5:00 pm Keynote: The Art of Conversation: Building Great Brands in the Digital Age

wednesday, november 7
    9:00 am
    10:00 am Keynote Roundtable: The State of the Industry (Presented by the IAB)

10:10 am
    10:50 am Keynote: Innovate or Die! Thriving in the Age of Disruption

The keynote addresses look interesting and are available to anyone who registers for a free pass ahead of time...so yay, it's not just about collecting key chains

I am especially interested in the presentation by Nielsen Media Research and "Innovate or Die! Thriving in the Age of Disruption" but they all look worthwhile
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 19th, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Didn't we have this same conversation last year when ad tech was here?
    No because I didn't know about the free Exhibit Hall pass

There might have been (there probably were) conversations about other conferences. I almost met you guys at a restaurant, but when it turned into a popularity thing I opted out.

These keynote sessions are different because an affiliate who is not yet part of one of your cliques could learn something just by attending the keynote sessions alone even if the affiliate does not know anyone and attends the event alone.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    I almost met you guys at a restaurant, but when it turned into a popularity thing I opted out.

These keynote sessions are different because an affiliate who is not yet part of one of your cliques could learn something just by attending the keynote sessions alone even if the affiliate does not know anyone and attends the event alone.
    **groan** Getting to know people is not a popularity thing OR a clique thing.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Getting to know people is not a popularity thing OR a clique thing.
    It is here -- especially when seasoned members started to bet whether I'd come or not and a couple of others made comments that made me feel uncomfortable.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    It is here -- especially when seasoned members started to bet whether I'd come or not and a couple of others made comments that made me feel uncomfortable.
    You have set a pattern of saying you are going to be somewhere and backing out. Has nothing to do with "popularity" or being part of a clique. You know where people will be, we make no secret about it. If you choose not to join in, then it is your choice to be excluded.
    Deborah Carney

Oh horsehocky you jerked and jerked for quite few pages and then when we said I bet she won't come then you realize that it got too big ... I'm sure you never really had any intention of going and it was all a ruse. Subsequently I feel many don't take much of what you say seriously anymore.

Oh and it's not that we are being cliquish nor pejorative, it's called being a grown up, the coy and childish games are just that.

There I said it, now it can stop we all bury the respective hatchets and all move forward as a family ... Deal?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Closed Thread