Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Is the bank account holder's name should be the same to the CJ's
    I use my father's information to appy CJ and also get money, can I set my account as a direct deposit account? The account name is my name and not my father's, thanks~

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by dollarwolf
    I use my father's information to appy CJ and also get money, can I set my account as a direct deposit account? The account name is my name and not my father's, thanks~
    I don't see why not. Your father's name will be your CJ's account holder name, he(in this case is actually you) can assign anyone to be a payee. But I think you will be liable for tax.

If I'm you, I will double check with CJ anyway.

Welcome to ABW!

So you mean the payee should be liable for Tax not my father?

Whoever's Tax ID (SS#) was used will be liable for the tax. You better make sure you dad knows what's going on.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

There was time when I set many questions in CJ support concerning Direct Deposit!
    In particular, they have noticed, that for successful reception of payment through DD it is necessary that Payment Name coincided with bank account name!
    In your situation (when you wish to receive money for father account), you should enter all account and payment information on father, instead of youself! In my opinion, in section Account> Administrative Settings> User Settings> Superuser you can easy bring all information on yourself! It is normal, when data about superuser do not coincide with payments info!
    But as told Michael Coley - you better to discuss reception of income(!) with your father and its tax adviser. Because in your situation all responsibility is born by the father, instead of you! Actually CJ account belongs to your father (if you fill payment information on the father)! And about that you operate it anybody can even and not know. For example, the father has entrusted you management of CJ account!

ABW Ambassador
    I use my father's information to appy CJ and also get money,
    Just curious, why don't you use your own information on CJ(seems like you are eligible to manage the account and have bank information ready)? Won't that make everything clearer?

Many Banks will reject a DD, if the payment to name is different from the Bank holders name.

Many banks won't send a DD payment if the recivers name is different than listed by the sender.

I had that problem recently

I was registered as Mike Reyes with a company and they sent payment DD to Mike Reyes and their Bank Rejected it.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    dollarwolf, maybe I'm off base here, but is the reason you want dd because your father doesn't know about this and you won't be able to cash a CJ check made out in his name?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Unhappy
    The reason is my father is still a foriegner and can claim for the tax treaty, so he does not have to be subject to U.S Tax. If I use my information such as SSN or something like that, I may need to pay the tax. I am also not a U.S citizen, I am a student here, I have sent my W-8BEN form to CJ, but I am not sure whether or not they will report this income to IRS under my SSN, if they do, it will make me be out of status.

If I submit a W-8BEN form, will I receive the 1099-MIS form at the end of January next year and report my income before April 15?

I think all payments waht you received on yourself will be taxable! If your father is foreigner and non US resident (it`s very important) he will be taxpayer in country of residence (not in US)!
    Also it`s a question for me - who in your case must fill W8 form - you or your father!? As i think, you can fill this form even if payments will be on your father name (because your father can give this right to you)!

But I do not want CJ report this income under my SSN even W-8BEN submitter exempt from 1099 reporting and tax withholding.

If I use my information such as SSN or something like that, I may need to pay the tax.
    I am also not a U.S citizen, I am a student here, I have sent my W-8BEN form to CJ, but I am not sure whether or not they will report this income to IRS under my SSN, if they do, it will make me be out of status.
    dollarwolf, if I understand you correctly, you are looking for ways to evade US taxes and to violate the terms of your Visa. I'm not sure that this is an appropriate forum to help you with these activities.

Frankly, I think that this thread should be closed by a moderator, ABW members should not be asked to be involved in your illegal activities. A student Visa is not a license to cheat the US government.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    And you apparently already provided your own direct deposit information to CJ before you ever even posted your first question.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...62&postcount=3

You obviously don't respect U.S. immigration laws. How stupid could one be to risk a student visa in today's environment.

I do not want to talk about the political issue, If I really want to cheat your country just as you said, I do not have to submit my related form to CJ. I just want to figure out how to do it legally, so I ask for your helps.

yep, I think you should go to some other forums to ask for helps. People should not be so mean to him, I think he just needs helps from us.

Quote Originally Posted by gdbeta
    yep, I think you should go to some other forums to ask for helps. People should not be so mean to him, I think he just needs helps from us.
    This is not the type of help that we provide. dollarwolf has already stated that he wants to avoid paying US taxes and if it is reported that "it will make me be out of status" on his visa which means that he is perfectly aware of what is and isn't allowed while here on a student visa. If dollarwolf wants to work while here on a student visa he should apply for an Employment Authorization Document and do it legally. Of course if he did that he wouldn't be able to avoid paying taxes.

It's not a political issue, it's dishonesty plain and simple. Like it or not we are all liable for taxes and the fact he came to our country and then tries to avoid paying his share has absolutely nothing to do with politics, only his lack of integrity. He came to this country for an education and now is looking to be educated on how to cheat the system. So don't scream politics just because you don't like what I say. I don't know anyone that likes paying taxes, but we do it because it's our responsibility. If dollarwolf doesn't like the rules of our country then maybe he should consider studying somewhere else.

And I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. Something that dollarwolf should try. And I do agree that another forum would probably be a better fit. I'm sure that there are plenty of people out there that will help him cheat the system. I don't think you'll find very many here, at least I hope you won't.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Talking
    Thanks rematt.

I think most of you guys have misunderstood Dollarwolf, because you are all americans not foreigners. I do not know whether or not he wants to avoid tax, but because I majored in Accounting, so I konw the IRS has a policy that:

Foreign persons who provide Form W–8BEN form is exempt from backup withholding and form 1099 reporting. You can see the related topics in IRS Publication 515

Dollarwolf, wish this information can help you.

ABW Ambassador
    dollarwolf = gdbeta

Can this guy, please.

Thanks Gdbeta, I got the same answer from CJ. They said my account is O.K

I asked the same question in some other forums, but I did not meet any guys like you here. You are not a law-officer, you have no rights to make a judgement to anybody without any basic information.

Monderators, please delete this tread ASAP. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdbeta
    Foreign persons who provide Form W–8BEN form is exempt from backup withholding and form 1099 reporting. You can see the related topics in IRS Publication 515.
    Absolutely right, under certain circumstances. And a student visa is not one of them. You really shouldn't give US tax advice when you don't understand our tax laws.

The fact remains that a student visa does not allow an individual to work in this country without an Employment Authorization Document. Also as an accounting major you should also know that an exemption from withholding is not an exemption from paying taxes that are legally owed. There is a right way and usually numerous wrong ways to do everything. Don't continue to encourage dollarwolf to do this the wrong way. He should go through proper channels and receive the authorization required to wok in this country while on the student visa and file the proper paperwork for taxes which in most cases would be a W-9. If he is denied the authorization then he needs to live with that decision or he puts his student visa at risk.

I won't continue to argue this point. dollarwolf has already stated that he wants to avoid being taxed. Whether his reason is to evade the tax or to protect his visa doesn't really matter, it's still in violation of US law.

-rematt

Thanks Gdbeta, I got the same answer from CJ. They said my account is O.K
    CJ can only go by the information that you provided. If you lied or misrepresented yourself, that's not CJ's issue, it's yours.

I asked the same question in some other forums, but I did not meet any guys like you here. You are not a law-officer, you have no rights to make a judgement to anybody without any basic information.
    You provided all the information I needed when you stated that you wanted to avoid paying taxes and violate the terms of your visa. You also provided a lot of insight into your character.

Moderators, please delete this tread ASAP. Thanks
    Moderators, you probably need to keep this thread as it is evidence of a potential crime.

dollarwolf, welcome to the US. I hope you learn more than how to cheat the system while you're here.

-rematt

That is fine, moderators, keep this thread! I have decided to stop this business and leave here.

Rematt, I have mentioned this above, you are not a law-officer, you are not a police, you have no rights to say somebody is crime or not. Even CJ allow me to ask this question, why not here? But anyway, thank you very much for your suggestions.

Let me tell you something, you are absolutely right, students should not be allowed to work, I know this, absolutely. But I really do not know how to define the incomes from CJ, so I want to ask this question here and try to let somebody who are in the same situation can give me some great suggestions. If it is really illegal, I will stop it ASAP.

Finally, let me try to point your mistakes. The W-9 form is only for U.S citizens and permanent residents, please go to www.irs.gov and review some related information, in detail, try Publication 519 (2006), U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens. Even students work on campus, they also should submit W-8ECI form instead. I have checked these information from IRS. Thanks~!

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    CJ can only go by the information that you provided. If you lied or misrepresented yourself, that's not CJ's issue, it's yours.

You provided all the information I needed when you stated that you wanted to avoid paying taxes and violate the terms of your visa. You also provided a lot of insight into your character.

Moderators, you probably need to keep this thread as it is evidence of a potential crime.

dollarwolf, welcome to the US. I hope you learn more than how to cheat the system while you're here.

-rematt
    I did not lie to anybody, I have submit a valid form with my real information. I do not cheat you, even your government, if I want to do this, I do not have to announce here, do you understand me? You absolutely have no rights to say that, please pay attention.

US fiscal system is most developed in the world! I do not think, that somebody have any chances to deceive it. I would advise to DollarWolf in its difficult situation necessarily address to the tax adviser!
    By the way a question on a subject! When it is necessary to fill W8 form? CJ should request this information itself? To instructions written, that it is necessary to give this form on request of organisation from which the income is received (or something like)!

Rematt, I have mentioned this above, you are not a law-officer, you are not a police, you have no rights to say somebody is crime or not. Even CJ allow me to ask this question, why not here? But anyway, thank you very much for your suggestions.
    Dollarwolf, I'm not claiming to be a police officer, but you were looking for ways to beat the US tax system as well as hide information from US Immigrations. Had you stated that information in your original post it wouldn't have gotten this far.

Let me tell you something, you are absolutely right, students should not be allowed to work, I know this, absolutely. But I really do not know how to define the incomes from CJ, so I want to ask this question here and try to let somebody who are in the same situation can give me some great suggestions. If it is really illegal, I will stop it ASAP.
    I'm not saying that foreign students shouldn't be allowed to work in the US. Immigrations does make allowances for working students as long as you have the appropriate authorization. However you stated that you were afraid that CJ would report your income to the IRS which would be an indication that you were "out of status" on your visa. That's an obvious attempt at deception.

I did not lie to anybody, I have submit a valid form with my real information. I do not cheat you, even your government, if I want to do this, I do not have to announce here, do you understand me? You absolutely have no rights to say that, please pay attention.
    And your original post...

I use my father's information to appy CJ and also get money, can I set my account as a direct deposit account? The account name is my name and not my father's, thanks~.
    And your reasons...

If I use my information such as SSN or something like that, I may need to pay the tax.

_________

I am also not a U.S citizen, I am a student here, I have sent my W-8BEN form to CJ, but I am not sure whether or not they will report this income to IRS under my SSN, if they do, it will make me be out of status.
    Apparently you and I have different ethical standards, you provided false information to CJ and admitted to intending to do the same thing to the IRS with and US Immigrations. But still you claim that you didn't lie to anyone and that you have no intention of cheating anyone. Are you by any chance majoring in Political Science?

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; October 21st, 2007 at 10:58 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast