Has Everything Merchant Needed
    I'm looking for a merchant similar to Walmart to replace. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who they use that converts for them with an acceptable cookie duration? Any feedback on shop.com that has a low commission rate but a 45 day cookie. I know I could apply to most of the merchants that they have on their site but that probably won't happen. Any suggestions of other merchants is appreciated

shop.com is okay, if you don't want to bother with individual relationships with lots of stores, then shop.com is good. I haven't had problems getting paid or anything.

Thanks for the feedback Newestuser. Most likely I'll start phasing them in more and more when I needs products on pages. One thing I noticed about Walmart is a shopper might be heading over to their site for a certain product I might be pushing and they end up buying other items. Hopefully it will be the same at shop.com.

Does anyone know what Targets return days are? I haven't made the switch yet since they went over to Performics (Connect Commerce) and I can't find any info on their cookies at the site.

CSN Stores may also be worth exploring.

Geno

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    CSN has a great program and is expertly run, and is infinitely better than shop.com, but neither is a real alternative to Walmart if you want name recognitiion and rock bottom product pricing. The Target program at PFX is miserable. Datefeeds are horrible, no BYOL for individual product linking and absolutely no response from anyone when you try to find out info or ask a question. Their cookie duration is 7 days.

There is a KMart program which fits the same mold, but they pay worse than Walmart, 2%, with a 5 day cookie.

As much as I hate to say it - and I have removed probably 80% of my Walmart links since their commission reduction - but for this type of merchant, Walmart is still the best program, certainly between them, KMart and Target.

There is also Sears, but as they are now owned by KMart, their cookie is also 5 days and commission also is 2%. They have all these other furniture and misc. products sites, like Home Visions, Wards, Charles Keath, etc that all carry identical products and pay 8% with 30 day cookies, but their prices are considerably highter than Walmart/Target/KMart.

I wish there was an answer to this question.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Target has 7 day cookie, and a 90 day return policy for shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    CSN Stores may also be worth exploring.

Geno
    Geno, thanks and I just applied. I can definately find spots on some of my sites for CSN links

Newestuser "Target has 7 day cookie, and a 90 day return policy for shoppers."

Thanks for the info. The 90 day return policy caught my eye when I was trying to find the cookie duration in their TOS. Does that mean a 90 day extension do you know?

Affiliatehound, "I wish there was an answer to this question."

Unfortunately thats kind of what I'm finding out. It's too bad that Target doesn't have it together at PFX. I never had a problem with them at Linkshare but just never got around to making the move with them when they switched. It seems a lot of merchants at PFX have a problem responding to questions. I'll probably give Target a shot with generic links and see how it goes along with shop.com and try CSN stores on some Niche sites I have.

Thanks for the great feedback all

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    Does that mean a 90 day extension do you know?
    No, I think they pay quicker than that, but I am not sure exactly how long, and I'm on too slow of a connection to run reports right now.
    But in their terms I remember seeing that if you have returns after you've been paid, you'll owe them money.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I got paid this month for my last Target sales through LS, which were in April (6 months ago). I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't expect that Target is paying any faster through PFX.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

shop.com
    Once I sign up for shop.com where should you advertise?

Quote Originally Posted by newestuser
    shop.com is okay, if you don't want to bother with individual relationships with lots of stores, then shop.com is good. I haven't had problems getting paid or anything.

ABW Ambassador
    Your website.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Hi Packy,

Brent from CSN Stores checking in. Let me know if you need anything, im always happy to help affiliates out.

Take it easy,
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Brent,

thanks and I will let you know if I need any thing. I did do a search around ABW after Geno mentioned your program and see that you are a hands on AM which is why I joined the program

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread