Yourmusic.com banners compromised
    I discovered an peculiar type of parasite activity - it appears that some Flash banners promoting Yourmusic.com have been injected with malicious code that redirects visitors to a fake anti-spyware site.

There are NOT CJ banners - it looks like the banners might be part of an independent program. The redirect is nothing to do with Yourmusic.com, but it does appear to have been inserted into the banner code itself.

If you are running Flash ads for yourmusic.com then you may want to check them.. carefully.

More details here .
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Geeze, what a mess! It's astonishing how much effort these yahoos put into stealing when the same effort, honestly made, could be just as profitable. I guess some folks are just bent that way.

And where the heck have you been lately, Mr. Moo? Are you so busy tracking down bad guys that you don't have time to hang out with us anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Geeze, what a mess! It's astonishing how much effort these yahoos put into stealing when the same effort, honestly made, could be just as profitable. I guess some folks are just bent that way.
    It's pretty cunning - especially the injection of tracking code into the banners.

And where the heck have you been lately, Mr. Moo? Are you so busy tracking down bad guys that you don't have time to hang out with us anymore?
    Ah maybe I'll say hi in the Midnight Cafe.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    Reminds me of this, probably not related:

Details of hijacked 24/7 ad server emerge
    Compromised server seeds legit sites with ads that invisibly steer users to exploit

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...=NLT_AM&nlid=1

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread