Extreme Newbie's "Never Give Up!"
    I didn't even know what is affiliate marketing was 4 months ago.

I had extremely limited knowlege of computers & programming.

3 months ago I found ABW and spent the first month & half studying & learning from the knowlegeable & generous people here - I am very grateful for your support & help and appreciate your patience with my many uneducated questions.

Through it all, I felt many times of giving up - frustration, lack of knowlege, questioning my niche, etc., etc., - not to mention the countless hours of work with seemingling no reward.

Even though I haven't had my first sale yet - for the first time in months I feel hopeful.

I've registered a domain, acquired hosting, and am creating my site, which should be up in a few days - this may not seem like much for most of you - but for me it has been a monumental task.

I just want to tell "extreme newbies" to NEVER GIVE UP. It will all start coming together with very hard work and determination.

I read this in the "Positive Thinking Thread" - Keeps me going...

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."
    Christian Nestell Bovée

You guys/gals ROCK!!! Thank you for the motivation, inspiration and lots of laughs along the way!

Today is a Great Day!

Jacque

Jacque,

ROCK AND ROLL!!!

You've got the right mentality and that first sale of many is on it's way!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I completely agree! I started focusing more on my merchant responsibilities and pretty much let my affiliate sites go by the wayside. After joining ABW and subsequently learning so much, I decided to give it another shot. The improvement is amazing.

Although you aren't brand new I would still like to say welcome to ABW. I'm just an hour south of you in Pleasanton but lived in San Antonio most of my life.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    What an inspiring and uplifting post Jacque! Way to go! I look forward to hearing about your success at each milestone as you get closer and closer to achieving your affiliate goals.

One of the biggest mistakes anyone can make in this biz (and many DO make it still today unfortunately) is to believe or misunderstand that affiliate marketing (or any form of online marketing actually) is a means of getting rich quick. I am here to tell you it is NOT for anyone who might have been the least bit confused before reading this post.

Affiliate marketing is just a very effective means of achieving online brand building and sales goals over the long term and it requires investment of both time and money in order to be successful. Do not confuse it with MLM, do not confuse it with those business models that promise you'll earn millions overnight. You may - but that would be a stroke of luck (or genius or combination of both) and smart business marketers never bank on becoming rich overnight.

Just believe in your business, and in your efforts, and remember to target your audience before anything else. If you're offering something of value (even better if it's unique value) to a particular group of folks, due time, it will pay off.

Keep up the positive thinking - as long as you never let go of the dream or your faith in yourself, anything is possible...

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I'm loving the positivity...keep it coming.

Thank you very much for the support! Another busy day ahead putting info onto my site - but I definitely feel like I've take a step forward.

Lookingfortips - We love San Antonio! My husband is active duty Air Force so we've only only been here a few years It's a great city and we're enjoying it while we can.

Jacque, I have an almost identical story, first heard of affiliate marketing in August, have been reading and soaking up information. I put up a site/blog to market Halloween costumes. Yesterday I actually had a sale, couldn't believe it! The commission was all of $2.30 but it felt like much more. Suddenly this all seemed real and not just an abstract concept. That's not much money, and it might be all that I make from the site, but I feel like I'm on my way. Hope your first sale happens soon, too.

Mark

Way to keep positive, It's true don't give up.

As Liz states, it's not a quick rich trick, It does take some time, but in the end you will be rewarded.

Mark,

I'm so glad you posted. It's stories like yours that keep me going and I am so happy to hear of your first sale. Thanks for sharing.

Jacque

Jacque,
    I've only been here 10 minutes, and your post is a great boost for a
    perpetual newbie like me. Great replies from fellow forum members as well!
    I'm raising my first cup of coffee for the day to your success!
    Good luck!!!

Ed

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread