Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    You might to checkout companies like bluehost. I think I am paying $80/year for domain + hosting. mySQL, php, etc

You can get pretty good service for < $100/yr

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Patrick,

I am hosting only one domain with Bluehost.
    According to them, they have "unlimited domain hosting". If you join for 2 yrs, it drops to about $7 per month. They will communicate with you as to what is going on or if there is a downtime, etc. So far, I am happy with their service as opposed to my 1and1.com service which goes down quite often.

They have an affiliate program too, or if you feel like helping me make a buck, let me know and I will shoot over an aff link.

Thx
    Eric

On the BlueHost service you can have as many domains as you would like running on one hosting account. You are only limited by the amount of resources that you can use (i.e. disk space, bandwidth etc.). Also, if you want in on a little secret, we are just launching the newest service of the family and you can save a bunch using www (dot) fastdomain (dot) com (only $4.95/month for a limited time). We just launched FastDomain and the service is almost identical to our BlueHost platform. I welcome all of my friends here at Best Web to use the promo while it is running (probably will go until the end of the year).

We are also icann certified as a domain registrar and will begin offering stand alone domain services soon.

* - Note that this is not an affiliate URL, I am just offering a great deal to the community.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    You might to checkout companies like bluehost. I think I am paying $80/year for domain + hosting. mySQL, php, etc

You can get pretty good service for < $100/yr
    I'd recommend that you DON'T go with BlueHost since you are blogging. I am using Bluehost and I keep getting CPU exceeded errors even with Fast PHP enabled.
    I have caching enabled in wordpress.
    I am looking to switch hosting next year.

FYI - I email bluehost about the frequent CPU errors and I haven't gotten any replies.

I recommend you open a ticket at helpdesk.bluehost.com in the support catagory, or calling into the support line. There are options available if you have higher CPU usage than the hosting plan you have purchased allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Todendron
    I recommend you open a ticket at helpdesk.bluehost.com in the support catagory, or calling into the support line. There are options available if you have higher CPU usage than the hosting plan you have purchased allows.
    I'm not going to make an international phone call to get help. I emailed via the help ticket - no reply.
    I logged into the online help chat and they say 'too bad we're not responsible for inefficient scripts'
    well then thousands of people who use Wordpress are inefficient.
    I have VERY LITTLE traffic actually going through my wordpress sites. Almost all my traffic is in my old HTML site.
    Why can't you tell us here what the options are?
    Riverspirit is also a blogger so she'll need to know the real costs if she signs up.

Lostdeviant - what is the website you have, I will have someone here take a look and see what is causing the problem for you.

Lostdeviant - what is the website you have, I will have someone here take a look and see what is causing the problem for you.
    It is happening randomly when working with all of my sites. I normally see the error right after updating or making a new post (meaning I have to retype and redo my changes )

Please let us know HERE the options available for Higher CPU limits. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

Another option would be to set up a secondary hosting account via another web host and move some sites over, but that isn't what I signed up for when I agreed to the unlimited domain/300gb offer.

This possibly sounds like the MySQL contention with Apache.

Do you know the type of CPU and/or the memory on the server in question?

Patrick
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    This possibly sounds like the MySQL contention with Apache.

Do you know the type of CPU and/or the memory on the server in question?

Patrick
    That info is not available in the control panel

Without the domain name of your site I cannot have someone look at the problems you are having. You should be fine using a wordpress blog as we have thousands of WP users on our system. By allowing me to look into your account I can see if there is something in the code that is causing the CPU errors, if there is another account on that box that is somehow using more than its share of resources etc. Without that information there are no options.

As for the servers, most are dual quad core systems with 4gb of ram. Again, I would have to know the name of the website in order to see which of our servers it is on (we have over 800 of them).

Without the domain name of your site I cannot have someone look at the problems you are having. You should be fine using a wordpress blog as we have thousands of WP users on our system. By allowing me to look into your account I can see if there is something in the code that is causing the CPU errors, if there is another account on that box that is somehow using more than its share of resources etc. Without that information there are no options.

As for the servers, most are dual quad core systems with 4gb of ram. Again, I would have to know the name of the website in order to see which of our servers it is on (we have over 800 of them).
    I randomly get the CPU limit exceeded errors with all of my WordPress sites. . I have one of my test sites listed in my profile.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I wanted to make sure we went through all of your site settings etc. to see what the errors were being caused by. Please refer to: http://helpdesk.bluehost.com/kb/inde...od_id=2&id=498 for the full information on CPU exceeded errors.

After reviewing all of the logs on your account, you are currently hosting a number of websites on your 1 account. All of the websites utilize the same resources allocated to that one account. None of your sites are using enough resources to cause a CPU exceeded error, but when you add all of the traffic up from all of the different sites, their total exceeds the allotted amount for your account thus causing all of the websites to have a CPU exceeded error displayed.

A few remedies are:
    1. Upgrade your account from the base 40 CPU seconds per minute plan to the high CPU plan ($19.95/month for 90 CPU seconds/minute).
    2. Open up a second hosting account and move some of your domains there to spread out your resource load.

Please feel free to contact anyone at our customer service center to help you make the necessary changes. We are open 24/7 888-401-4678.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I wanted to make sure we went through all of your site settings etc. to see what the errors were being caused by. Please refer to: http://helpdesk.bluehost.com/kb/inde...od_id=2&id=498 for the full information on CPU exceeded errors.

After reviewing all of the logs on your account, you are currently hosting a number of websites on your 1 account. All of the websites utilize the same resources allocated to that one account. None of your sites are using enough resources to cause a CPU exceeded error, but when you add all of the traffic up from all of the different sites, their total exceeds the allotted amount for your account thus causing all of the websites to have a CPU exceeded error displayed.

A few remedies are:
    1. Upgrade your account from the base 40 CPU seconds per minute plan to the high CPU plan ($19.95/month for 90 CPU seconds/minute).
    2. Open up a second hosting account and move some of your domains there to spread out your resource load.

Please feel free to contact anyone at our customer service center to help you make the necessary changes. We are open 24/7 888-401-4678.
    Thanks for the info I'm sure others will find it useful to know that the less limiting CPU limit is at 19.95/mo. and will be able to make an informed decision.

Will I be about to move some sites to the newer cheaper system? Will I be required to re-register the domains that I move?

If you purchase a second account someone in tech support will be able to help you move a few of the domains over to help spread the CPU loads for you. You can let them know the higher traffic sites so they can split them between the two accounts to best balance things. If you have any questions, feel free to call me direct at x113 when you call the support line and I would be happy to help you.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread