Merchant Forum what are the benefits?
    I am considering opening a Merchant Forum on ABW. I am trying to determine if the cost will justify the increased sales that will come from affiliates? Keep in mind that my company is still small and not well known - yet

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    It definitely shines a light on your program and will help your program get off the ground faster. I worked with many ABWers while I was at WVR.

Other fringe benefits
    -Easier to contact you/your company
    -Improve communications
    -Improve your search results as Googling your company, the company forum/name should appear
    -Etc
    Last edited by Eric Ewe; October 24th, 2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Typo.. Can't spell

What Eric said!
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Yes, what Eric said...

> Keep in mind that my company is still small and not well known

An ABW forum is an investment that will help brand your program and let others know about you, your program and bring you affiliate traffic to get signups and then eventually sales on a long term basis, and where you can also promote offers and educate your partners daily, it does work.

From an affiliates standpoint, I feel more comfortable working with merchants and OPMs that have a forum here and are active participants. I know that they are aware of the concerns that we deal with daily (just look at some of the current threads) and their participation shows me that they aren't running their programs in a vacuum.

As far as deals and program updates go, I get dozens of e-mails from merchants every week. And while I eventually get to all of them, I'm on ABW everyday and deals posted here get my attention first.

I really don't see a downside of starting a forum here, the exposure that you'll get here and the interaction with your affiliates will be invaluable.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Make sure you're fully committed to running a clean, affiliate-friendly program first. If you are, I can't imagine a better investment.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Jonathan,

It is my opinion that having an active and informative forum on AbestWeb is absolutely vital to the success of your program. It is important to note that you will, however, get back what you put into it. You'll need to be active, post important information concerning your program, the industry, your vertical, etc. You will need to post about coupons, special deals, web site changes, best producing creative, top selling items...and that's just a start!

If you register your forum and master making the most of it, you will reap significant rewards. If there are any parts of your program that could use a little polishing, then now's the time to kick into gear. If your program isn't up to snuff, you'll need to be able to effectively handle and incorporate that feedback.

In short, a forum on ABW is money well spent. The 4Checks forum has been a true pleasure for me and there are many relationships I would not have now if it did not exist. Best of luck to you!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

http and a telephoto
    It's a strong component to any merchant I manage as an OPM, it enables you to build trust and gives you a way to get feedback good and bad for your program. It shows you are committed to providing what affiliates need and are open to communication.

Affiliates that don't post here but that lurk, are another huge group that take advantage of reading what is posted in merchant forums. So don't think you are just talking to the active posters here. The reach of a forum at ABW goes well beyond where you think it does!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    I just wanted to add that running a forum does take a certain amount of dedication, but you put back what you get in. It is also a great way to get to know the ABW community better and you will feel more like you have an extended family when you go to the conferences and shows throughout the year. Plus, its the most fun part of the business! This is a loyal crowd, so if you do your merchant forum right, you will gain the trust and confidence of a great group of people.

Good luck!
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

http and a telephoto
    Also regarding costs, you have to look at it as general advertising expense, not how much it will increase your affiliate commissions. Your affiliate activity WILL increase, but increased exposure to your company overall has immeasurable results.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I want to thank everyone for their feedback. It appears to be a worthwhile endeavor. I will see everyone at the Oh Toy forum.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread