• No

1 1.06%
  • Nuetral

0 0%
  • Can't Say

2 2.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry Bogus Affiliate System
    Shareasale has one of the most bogus affiliate systems that I have ever come accross.

A merchant was referred by me and he completed the signup. Due to some technical glitches in his website, he could not complete the test in shareasale for about 2 months.

The account of the merchant has been activated now and I am yet to see my commission. Shareasale does not want to respond to my emails now. I have written a couple of them in the last week but no response to it.

I think, all affiliates, beware of them. Better join some other network that really pays out.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Ummm, Shareasale is one of the most respected networks in the industry, as far as I am concerned. Actually, THE most respected affiliate network. Give them a phone call, they are quite easy to reach.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Um. I voted yes. Please see my post today on how we set a record yesterday for both merchant sales, and then subsequently affiliate commissions paid.

I'd say they're genuine
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    They definitely have better reporting than CJ.

Shareasale is hands down the best affiliate network that I have seen out of all the networks. If I have a problem, they respond quickly with a solution.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Man. Have you tried calling or emailing them about your complaint before airing it here? SAS is by far the most responsive of the affiliate networks.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    First post. What a shocker.

Shareasale has one of the most bogus affiliate systems that I have ever come accross.
    And I'm sure you have come across a lot.

vibhub, if you look at the poll results so far, it's obvious that your experience with SaS isn't typical. You may want to give them a call and work things out. However, if you're call exhibits the same attitude that you've shown here I can't guarantee your results. Explain your issue(s) in a reasonable business-like manner and give them an opportunity to respond. No one responds positively to name calling.

My experience has been that SaS will do everything possible to resolve your issue, whether it's a SaS issue or merchant issue.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

vibhub, you've got to be kidding. What an awful first post with which to join a forum of hard-working and collegial individuals.

What have YOU done to alleviate the situation, whatever it may be, other than to alienate folks who deal with one of the most effective and honest affiliate networks in the business? Not much, I imagine, other than gripe out loud.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by vibhub
    A merchant was referred by me and he completed the signup. Due to some technical glitches in his website, he could not complete the test in shareasale for about 2 months.
    I thought this is how affiliate marketing works: if no sale occurs within the announced number of the return days -- affiliate gets no credit.

* ShareASale got no money from your referral.
    * It is "due to some technical glitches in his website" [emphasis added] that the sale has not occurred.
    * Why should they pay commission on it?

Geno

PS: Needless to say, I voted "yes", as there obviously is no malfunctioning on the merchant's part (SaS being the merchant in the above situation) here.

Quote Originally Posted by vibhub
    How long does SAS's cookie last? Sixty days?

If that is the case, then it seems to be more of the merchant's fault for not getting his glitches fixed in time. Not SAS's fault at all. If their cookie is longer than that and you were still eligible to receive the commission, then call SAS and let them know your commission slipped through the cracks.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    25-0 in the yes form so far. That actually was a good first post VibHub.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    vibhub,

Sorry that you've had a bad experience... we would like to correct that. If you email me the ticket number that you submitted (would be generated on the email you sent to us) I can look up the issue and see where it is stuck. If you don't have a ticket number just forward your userID and I can try to look it up...

My email address is brian // shareasale.com
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by lookingfortips
    How long does SAS's cookie last? Sixty days?

If that is the case, then it seems to be more of the merchant's fault for not getting his glitches fixed in time. Not SAS's fault at all. If their cookie is longer than that and you were still eligible to receive the commission, then call SAS and let them know your commission slipped through the cracks.
    Looks like we both posted the same thing at the same minute.

If he's talking about the SAS Merchant Recruiter program, they offer 30 return days. Perhaps that should be lengthened, especially if the program has to be completely set up and online before the affiliate gets credit. 30 days is a pretty short time for merchants to make decisions on affiliate programs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree with M.C. on the above point. In my experience, even when you have a dedicated affiliate manager helping get a program off the ground, it often takes longer than 30 days to get everything up and running (especially when custom-built shopping carts are used on the merchant's site, or the merchant doesn't have an in-house programmer to get that tracking pixel implemented properly).

Geno

Could it be no commission is yet due on the merchant referral? I think SAS gives the merchant like 3 months after they sign up to cancel and get a refund.

I would think they wouldn't pay a fee for the referral until the merchant has passed this cancellation period.

The original post doesn't say how long the merchant has been active, only that it took 60 days to get everything worked out.

I agree with MC, a 30 day cookie is a little short for this type of transaction... Maybe Brian could extend to 90 or 120 days just for good measure.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Online Marketing Consultant
    They have my vote as a big yes from both ends as they track beautifully in real time and give the best and most personal affiliate and merchant support.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Wow, thirty to zero so far, maybe Brian should run for political office.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Looks like we both posted the same thing at the same minute.
    Drats! Second place again!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    perhaps we should do a poll on whether Vibhub is genuine... hehehee!

vibhub = J. Zarley
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Bahahahaaa! Good one H! Love a little humor to get my day going. That cracked me up. Since some people will think you're serious, I'm chuckling all the more. Even though I'm saying you're joking, some will still think you're serious... a circular joke that keeps going. Hahahaa!

I see that the vote is now 40-0-0 supporting ShareASale.

There are merchants who screw up tracking; there are merchants who act unethically or unprofessionally. That does reflect on the network, especially if a complaint is submitted without any follow-up from the network -- but here it looks like you are unhappy with just one merchant about one transaction. If that were my standard, I wouldn't be doing any affiliate marketing (I'd have quit in 1997 or 1998). My largest merchants have all had "screw-ups" with tracking or reporting at some time; if they respond honestly and quickly, then I continue my relationship.

There are more than 2,000 active merchants on ShareASale (excluding those who are persistently "offline" or otherwise appear to be inactive). Of those, there are probably several dozen (possibly even a hundred) merchants whose tracking is not working properly, because that's just how the universe works: all people make mistakes, and a few people are unethical, dishonest, or unprofessional. That doesn't make ShareASale "bogus" or illegitimate -- again, every affiliate network has merchants who have these problems, and my experience is that ShareASale is absolutely at the "top of the heap" among all affiliate-technology-providers (affiliate networks). I'm not happy with everything they do, and I've vocally objected to some policies and practices, but they are still at the top of the industry by any reasonable measure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast