Online Marketing Consultant
    Thanks for the rejection
    I signed up to be an affiliate at avantlink because I have some traffic specifically requesting Moosejaw be added and another couple merchants,,,but you have rejected me. Is it because of Gayweddinggear.com as the page I used for my main page? I even stated that I have sports, shopping, clothing and other sites as well in the tell us more section to let you know that the sites I own are extremely diversified and do have good fits for programs on your network.

Anyways, if you don't want me in your network, your loss and moosejaws loss for you not letting me in.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Moosejaw is also at CJ.

Thanks Flamingoworld, I'll put the links up through CJ.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

http and a telephoto
    Did you email Avantlink and tell them about your other sites and let them know who you are? The person approving applications may not be the person that you have met.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Did you email Avantlink and tell them about your other sites and let them know who you are? The person approving applications may not be the person that you have met.

Unfortunately I did not email them,,,,however I did tell them about my other sites in the application process and it was denied. I have just applied on CJ to the program and hope to be accepted there, if I am not, then I will write to the CJ AMs.

I pulled a ton of my cj merchants off of my higher trafficked pages which also lowered me to a one bar affiliate so I hope I am not denied from that.

Anyways I was excited to hear all the good reviews of Avantlink, but it looks like I am going to be putting some CJ links back up. Anyways no big deal, CJ has the program I was looking for as well. I was just hoping to have the same good experiences that many other people have had with avantlink.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Did you email Avantlink and tell them about your other sites and let them know who you are?
    The thing is with this, is that I am still a nobody...I'm not a Scooter or Donuts, or Flamingo, etc... YET, but in the future it will be nice when I can finally get my sites and everything up into the frame where they might know who I am. Until then I am still technically a nobody who just performs well in a few various programs.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    The thing is with this, is that I am still a nobody...I'm not a Scooter or Donuts, or Flamingo, etc... YET, but in the future it will be nice when I can finally get my sites and everything up into the frame where they might know who I am. Until then I am still technically a nobody who just performs well in a few various programs.
    But you should have had conversations with the people from Avantlink at recent affiliate events. You don't have to be a super affiliate to get approved. Sometimes they just need a reminder that you are a real person that they have talked to.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Good point and I will email them. Thanks Deb.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Gosh I leave for a few hours this morning and come back to this long thread..

Liquidate, I wish you would have just emailed me as Deb said. If you're still interested, you can drop me an email and I'll help you out.

Gary M

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Just so you know, when I apply people don't know me as Donuts, that's only my name here. I get rejected at times, but have learned to not jump to conclusions too quickly. I've been rejected by merchants at AvantLink, one I remember didn't want too many sites like mine and bounced me out like last weeks leftovers. And there's this one program at CJ that has declined me 3 times, over the course of the last 2 years, and I email them and explain my plans, again devoid of "Donuts" name and they have yet to butter my toast. Shit, I've even met her, but she hasn't made the connection - I feel no need to make it for her, her screening tells me more without it. I'd rather be judged on my value pitch for their particular program than by what people may think of my ABW identity and posts. While it is true that some merchants have met me or know me by both my real and ABW names, and that certainly most OPMs do, I'd say they same is true for you too. So buck up buddy, you're not nobody and there's no easy pass out there, even as you grow your business. Merchants care about what you can do for them, not what you've done for others. I've failed to impress many and have quit lots where I was a bad fit (meaning I lost money). There's no magic bullet, not even for those you may think now are somehow viewed as magical.

I bet Gary will get you fixed up right away.

Happy selling!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Adam, you're many things, but definately not a "nobody"

We've all been rejected many times - it hurts

(Even if you're rejected because of a glitch or a mistake, it sti;ll hurts!)

If your choices are

1. Email Gary

2. Put up CJ links

I hope you pick the right one!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Adam, you're many things, but definately not a "nobody"

We've all been rejected many times - it hurts

(Even if you're rejected because of a glitch or a mistake, it sti;ll hurts!)

If your choices are

1. email Gary

2. Put up CJ links

I hope you pick the right one!

I will gladly be e-mailing Gary when I geta few moments later today. =0) Thanks for the responses everyone!

Liquidate
    Nope, nope, nope....you're not a nobody. I've been rejected lots of times from programs I've really wanted to be in (one even where I have a family member higher up in the company lol but I guess the person didn't know that and if I have to tell em, I don't want to be in that program. I actually enjoy telling them I'm putting up their competitiors links. lol )

I agree with ya that bein one of the biggies is I'm sure an automatic acceptance in some places and agree that's not fair cos just cos they may be really great in one program doesn't mean they might be in all of em. psssst. odds are they probably are most of the time lol but maybe not.

Anyway....point is....Gary and everybody else at AvantLink are very fair and I'd give all of em a really gigantic head if I babble on about them. I can't say enough great stuff about all of em. Can honestly tell ya that any of the great things you've heard about Gary and everybody at AvantLink are definitely true. I had Gary as an affiliate manager before so knew him a little bit ......but it's really been a pleasure getting to know him better through AvantLink. I really love all of em there and they're a great bunch of people. I have nothing but very positive things to say about them.

ABW Ambassador
    Oops - This reminds me of an email from Gary and Durk on an invitation to join AvantLink.

Gary - sorry for not responding. A response is on the way later today.

Personally I Love Rejections...

It makes the acceptance ones worth throwing a party about!!!!!!!!

Absolutely NOT a nobody, Liq.

With what you do, your experience, your attendance at Affiliate Summits, your concrete contributions at Think Tank, and your helpful posts here at ABW you are certainly NOT in the "nobody" category. We can use that label, or possibly "clueless," for whomever put "NO" on your application.

And, as Allen suggests, it just makes the approvals that much nicer.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Adam,

Email Gary and deal with it. We all get rejected at times for all sorts of reasons. I've had to pitch my case many times if I really wanted in a program that rejected me for whatever reason. You'd be doing yourself a disservice not to work this out.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rex, I am emailing him,,,,but actually gary emailed me first and explained why I was rejected and I agree with the reasons I was rejected,,,so I now explained the sites I was going to put the links on and it is up to them to decide if it is ok to let me in or not.

Gary took the initiative to write me and I respect that a lot...as everyone says, they are a great network,,,so now I am just waiting to see if they will approve me or not, if I'm rejected, then I'll just use CJ, SAS and the other networks which will have me and have no hard feelings =0). They are a good company and I will respect their decision.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread