Wink truncation of memo fields
    Hi,
    I use webmerge to create php files. Works like magic as the length of the field is 254 characters. Anything more is truncated. I have tried Access csv, assess txt(tab) delimited, Excel csv as well as excel txt(tab delimited). Would someone know a solution?
    Thanks in advance.

Affiliate Manager
    Double-check the exported feed. Some spreadsheets limit the number of characters per cell.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Truncation of memo fields
    Hi,
    I have checked the fields. I use MS Office 2007. The access output text file is ok. I opened this file using Excel. Excel 2007 allows up to 1mb in a cell.
    Webmerge processes this and truncates it to 256 characters. I have tested quite a few. I have enclosed a sample text file.
    Cheers,
    Mohan_aire

Affiliate Manager
    WebMerge does not normally truncate field content. In fact, I'm not sure how it could, as there's nothing in its code base which would cut off field content at a specified length.

The only limitation with WebMerge regarding field content length is with the sort feature: sorting requires field have no more than 65,535 characters. But that's only fot sorting, nothing else is affected by a limit on field content size, and certainly not to 256 characters.

Are you certain the content isn't being truncated on export? Have you looked at that exported file in a raw text editor to verify? Or you may even be able to verify by re-importing the exported file back into Excel -- if the content is truncated you'll have found the source of the issue.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread