Best resource to learn Adwords
    I'm an affiliate and want to promote Comission Junction using Google Adwords. However, I found that bunch of products and eBooks on Google Adwords are just over hype and useless, especially the ones in Clickbank marketplace. Most of eBooks there are just for beginners.

I want a guide that really makes money, and that book must also suitable for advance level. Can anyone suggest? Please help.....

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Have you gone through all of the video tutorials provided by Google already?

You don't need any ebook for advice on PPC, especially since you can get all the information you need from this forum.

The best thing to do is a search for PPC or Adwords and take many notes. Especially the posts by Donuts, he definitely knows his stuff when it comes to PPC.

Google's Adwords Professional program has a great Learning Center.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Have you gone through all of the video tutorials provided by Google already?
    I second this. Google provides you with a lot of information themselves.

I've read: Winning Results with Google AdWords: by Andrew Goodman

Very solid advice (basic and some advanced) in my opinion. Lots of which can, of course, be researched online as well, but just makes it easier to read it all in one place. Can be purchased at Amazon or other larger book stores.

I already watch the tutorial, but still have problems with Adwords, especially when comes to keyword - the keyword list that I've made doesn't convert. Which is why, I'm asking for the best one, and perhaps tell more experience about using Adwords, how to tweak your ads, how to adjust your keyword list, more case studies etc. Not just some resources that teaches basic things.
    However, I haven't yet sign in for Google's Adwords Professional. Tell me more about it. Also, I appreciate any eBooks or suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by asuka
    Also, I appreciate any eBooks or suggestion...
    Do a search around ABW for posts by Donuts. Through them you will learn more than through most eBooks around.

Geno

I personally found Adwords to be too much work. I've seen posts here and in other forums stating that you should:

1. Make very specific ads for specific products
    2. use keywords that only refer to those products
    3. use negative keywords for related products
    4. Optimize landing pages.

I don't remember who, but someone posted a few weeks ago about using Adwords for the wicked witch costume with examples.

Online Marketing Consultant
    I don't remember who, but someone posted a few weeks ago about using Adwords for the wicked witch costume with examples.
    That was my post here Lost:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=94601

Then it goes further down and into electronics etc.... still haven't added in exact vs. phrase vs. broad yet though.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    Thank you. Anyway I think it was a good example. I am curious if it was ever implemented.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Thank you. Anyway I think it was a good example. I am curious if it was ever implemented.
    You could ask any of the halloween merchants if someone tried it,,,I know noone has tried the second one with electronics yet, so that is still open game,,,but if someone does I am happy to report back the results, if the affiliate would give permission.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quick Tip - If you are doing PPC on Google, be sure to download and familiarize yourself with their new Adwords Editor Tool (available for Mac & PC, which is good for me since I use both frequently). It is super efficient and allows you to manage large campaigns pretty quick.

Another way to learn a great deal may be on someone else's dollar. Meaning, volunteer to work at a search agency or do PPC grunt work for a paid search consultant. Perhaps you can even find a paid gig working under someone experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by asuka
    the keyword list that I've made doesn't convert.
    Targeting the best keywords is half of the success formula with AdWords. The other half is the quality of your site. Does it look professional? Does the site compel users to click on links? Does the nature of the content generate desire for the affiliate products?

As far as keywords go, are you using Google's keyword tool? It tells you which keywords tend to generate the most clicks.

Google AdWords Keyword Tool
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread