Online Marketing Consultant
    Chat Forum
    You have a really nice chat feature here, but it never really gets used heavily unless someone uses the join chat thread....

What might be a cool addition or subforum is a chat forum where there is a set time on a set day each week where people can sign in and discuss a pre-decided issue or topic regarding affiliate marketing or SEO, PPC, etc..., instead of waiting for responses in threads....
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

http and a telephoto
    I had planned to use regular chats when I was working for that big corporation I didn't get it started. Maybe it would be a good idea to start scheduling some instead of using a webinar format since many people are already comfortable with chats.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

There used to be a way to see who was present in the Chat prior to entering the Chat; perhaps this indicator would be good to reinstate?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I agree with Rhia.

I have seen those indicators before and knowing there are actually people in there is start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    There used to be a way to see who was present in the Chat prior to entering the Chat; perhaps this indicator would be good to reinstate?

I would have to disagree. If you want to go into chat for a predetermined topic or discussion, it shouldn't matter who is in there or who isn't. This would be a chat time set aside for a discussion about cookie stuffing or datafeeds or issues with a network or PHP or something. Not a social chat so again, it does not matter who is in there or not, it only matters that you are there to discuss topics, share your knowledge and also learn from others.

Secondly, if people look in and see noone in there and leave instead of signing in, then there is a better chance that people will not show up at all or less of a crowd because they sit and watch for people to enter...You could then in turn get 5 chat lurkers instead of 5 people inside chat actually getting the conversation going.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Sorry Liquidate,

You are correct in the case of scheduled chats. My comment was for any other time, and not to see who was in the chat during a discussion.

There are times when people are on the board and wouldn't mind entering a chat non scheduled.

No need to apologize, I think Rhia also may have misread what I had suggested so I just wanted to clarify what I meant in case I didn't state it clear enough=0)

Although I do agree with her that the feature is kind of cool for non scheduled chats. =0)

I tried to schedule chats many, many, many times but either the speakers didn't commit nor the audience wasn't there. If I get indications of interest from people who are willing to lead a conversation I'll facilitate and promote it.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I think most affiliates are repulsed by the idea of anything that must be scheduled.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I think most affiliates are repulsed by the idea of anything that must be scheduled.
    On the other hand, webinars are pretty well attended by those that need the information presented.

I don't want to schedule a weekly chat where we have to be in attendance, heck, I can't keep to a schedule very well myself most of the time, that's one of the reasons I OPM instead of w*rk in an office . But I think chats now and then are a great idea, I did a few when I was at CP and they were well attended and people got what they needed. I will come up with a plan for an Imagekind chat and my other merchants for the second week in November, after adtech and the blog convention.

Would love to squeeze one in this week, but this week is crazy!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    At the very least... there should be a flashing text at the top of every abw page - perhaps even replacing the abw logo - that says

"SNIB has left the room"

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    At the very least... there should be a flashing text at the top of every abw page - perhaps even replacing the abw logo - that says

"SNIB has left the room"

LMAO hahaha

I would have to disagree. If you want to go into chat for a predetermined topic or discussion, it shouldn't matter who is in there or who isn't.
    Liquid...

there's a form of person who lives to chat! that's their whole reason for waking up every day. i would like to know if they are "stalking" the chat room prior to announcing my presence

there's another type that lives to monopolize and control every chat back to themselves and their own interests. i would like to know if they are there also before entering

And I just want to know whether I need to bring my fish avatar when I enter chat.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hehe. Fish Avatar FTW!!!!
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

lolol

i dont spend much time in chat because i type slow

buy the time i type an answer, 14 other poeple have posted and the topic has changed 3 times

ps: forgot to say it Michael, but it was a genuine pleasure seeing you again

I just want to comment about the chat feature, but I am not suggesting anything here, ok?.

I have not used a chat room, I think, in about 10 years or more, ever since I finally left AOL , and I can't remember when was that.

In the last four years that I have been a member of ABW , I think I have tried to check out the chat feature here, three or four times already, but I never have done any chat here yet.

I think the first time I tried to use it on 03' or 04', there was some problems with the site link hosting the chat, on another time that I tried to use it, I used a new nick-name to get in, but no body was there, later came the new board version and that new nick-name didn't work, so I decided to just forget about the chat feature for awhile.

But now that Billy Kay made this post:

"SNIB has left the room"

I am going to confess a little secret:

Almost every time that I see Scott (Aka: Snib), calling people to the chat room, I feel like going there , just to see whats going on, but since in order to check it out, one must re-join another place, even if that place still is here , I never get to see what's the new gossip is about.

I don't know how all the regular chat rooms out there work now on 2007 but, lately I have been visiting a live video site that is linked from one of the forums on ABW, and every time I get there, I can see all the chat's that are going on different rooms, without having to log in first. (Not that I am planning to join that place any time soon but still, I can see what's going on there.)

Now, before anyone jump on me and say that, if I am not willing to join in first, that then I should not be able to see what's going on on the chat room, all I can say is that I will agree 80% with that, but........... Just like a million lurkers can read all the posts on ABW everyday, before they decide to join the board, or not, I can also point to the thread that Snib made here: ABW Chat Etiquette and say: maybe he was just looking, and left before the first "Hello!"

Extra, once again Billy Kay is using my one of my old AOL lines!
    lolol

i dont spend much time in chat because i type slow

buy the time i type an answer, 14 other poeple have posted and the topic has changed 3 times

--------------

You can all go back on topic now!

If I can't see who's who ahead of time I check in and I pull out right away.

It's similar to what I used to do when I frequented night clubs (once upon a time I was a "club girl" but not anymore) -- I used to have an "in" with most doormen & bouncers so that I didn't have to pay a cover charge. Since I didn't have to pay to get in, I'd make a 10 minute appearance and then leave if "it wasn't happening" (as per my definition).
    I'd go to a different club.

In the chat forum I often feel uncomfortable (to be honest about my feelings) so out of curiosity I might pop in but pretty soon I'll pop out too.

I thought this was a thread about suggestions pertaining to the Chat Forum. I didn't know it was meant to be a quorum where we all had to say "aye" to Liquidate's ideas

Liquidate, you have a couple of interesting ideas but the Chat Forum has been an "off the cuff" type of deal -- I don't think there has been any "scheduled topics" (at least I haven't been aware of them) -- try it out, see if there is a response.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Well... we know who's in this thread...

Let's Chat!!!

Hi, my name is Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    If I can't see who's who ahead of time I check in and I pull out right away.

It's similar to what I used to do when I frequented night clubs (once upon a time I was a "club girl" but not anymore) -- I used to have an "in" with most doormen & bouncers so that I didn't have to pay a cover charge. Since I didn't have to pay to get in, I'd make a 10 minute appearance and then leave if "it wasn't happening" (as per my definition).
    I'd go to a different club.
    Rhia,

You was a "club girl" before?

I had you on hold for the last few monts, but now all I can say is: There goes my baby because your post sound like: Tina Turner "Private Dancer"

Too bad for you, because I Was saving this song for you: Lou Rawls - You"ll Never Find

--------

Btw, before we know who jump in here, this is just a joke betwen Rhia and me, so don't we need to go thru the same thing as last year, ok?

I tried offering free coffee and muffins to attract a flock, but everybody wants rum and whiskey.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    That isn't so bad... when I was 21-23 I would chat up all of the bartenders for free drinks. Of course I was cuter then :-)

As far as the chat goes, it would be nice if in the header it would say how many people are in the chat right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Rhia,

You was a "club girl" before?

I had you on hold for the last few monts, but now all I can say is: There goes my baby because your post sound like: Tina Turner "Private Dancer"

Too bad for you, because I Was saving this song for you: Lou Rawls - You"ll Never Find

--------

Btw, before we know who jump in here, this is just a joke betwen Rhia and me, so don't we need to go thru the same thing as last year, ok?

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread