Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    World Series
    Well Mr. Hamilton, you got your wish. It is a Rockies - Red Sox world series. Should be a good one. I cant wait for it to start tonight!

GO SOX!!!!!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Talking
    Rox v Sox. It's gonna be FUN!!!

I'm beside myself with excitement......
    Paula
    Affiliate Manager
    Avanquest Software
    720-251-4144
    [email=pcarlsen@avanquest.com]pcarlsen@avanquest.com[/email]

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    Well Mr. Hamilton, you got your wish. It is a Rockies - Red Sox world series. Should be a good one. I cant wait for it to start tonight!

GO SOX!!!!!
    Brent, stop calling me Mr. Hamilton!! Back when we lived near the Cape, the kids in the neighborhood always called us Mr or Mrs Hamilton. We demanded that they call us Alan and Ellen and eventually their parents gave in to our demand. I think you were one of the kids that used to come over to use our pool and trampoline too!!

Anyway, yes, yes, yes. A Rocks/Sox series has this town buzzing like your big media area folks can't believe!! WE are actually playing the history rich Red Sox!!! I know you will have your Rockies Combo Keychain / bottle opener with you as you watch, right??

Like I told you at T. T., Rocks in 6!!! woo la dee frikkin hoo!!! Enjoy the series Brent. I'm rootin Rockies, but if it's a good series and the Sox prevail, I'll be happy for my old chums in MA too!!

p.s. It's ALAN!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Outsourced Program Manager RogerSnow's Avatar
    I cant believe they did it again. With the way the Red Sox can come from behind, you would think the Rockies would want to lose the first 2 or 3 games. LOL

It should be a great series. I am from British Columbia and would like to see the kid Jeff Francis (Burnaby, BC) win a ring.
    Roger Snow | Team Manager | Snow Consulting, Inc.
    email: info AT snow-consulting.com | View Our Clients & Affiliate Blogs | MSN: ramschamps@hotmail.com | AIM: RogerColorGuy | GoogleTalk: snowconsulting9 | Skype: snowconsulting

You missed a great game on Sunday Brent. Finally Ortiz and Manny could take a breather.

Did the pilots keep you posted?

Can't wait for game 1 tonight.

Go Sox!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Y'all ready for this?

I know I am.

Go Sox!

(I think this might be the year the Pats and the Sox take it all home to Beantown.)

Affiliate Manager
    What a great run by the Rockies for the last month of the season and going into the playoffs. Hopefully the 8 day layoff doesn't hurt them... I will be pulling for the Rockies... it's nice to see the little guys win once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    You missed a great game on Sunday Brent. Finally Ortiz and Manny could take a breather.

Did the pilots keep you posted?

Go Sox!
    Boy did I get lucky. Sick and all I took a bump to the red eye, parked my butt in a barstool and watched the game at the pheonix airport. I also recieved a free round trip ticket to anywhere in the country and a 10 dollar meal voucher. Thanks US Airways!!!
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Brent, stop calling me Mr. Hamilton!! Back when we lived near the Cape, the kids in the neighborhood always called us Mr or Mrs Hamilton. We demanded that they call us Alan and Ellen and eventually their parents gave in to our demand. I think you were one of the kids that used to come over to use our pool and trampoline too!!

p.s. It's ALAN!!

Sounds great Alan! Thanks again for the Rockies bottle opener, I will be using it immediately after the series is over.
    Brent Elias

Sounds great Alan! Thanks again for the Rockies bottle opener, I will be using it immediately after the series is over.
    Gulp.......

I'd love to make excuses for why we got spanked so hard last night, but dang the sox looked great and we didn't. But there is always tonight!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager
    Here's one:
    8 day layoffs... they suck...
    Just ask the Tigers!

The Rocks did look out of sync for sure, both in the batters box and in the field. But the biggest shocker to me was the pitching. The Rocks pitching was way off and BecKKKKKKKKKet was awesome. But we pounded him earlier this year, so he's hittable. Let's see how game two goes!

Affiliate Manager
    I just hope the rest of the games aren't so lopsided...
    Or I will be changing the channel... those kind of games are no fun to watch in the WS... no more football scores please.

The Rocks did look out of sync for sure, both in the batters box and in the field. But the biggest shocker to me was the pitching. The Rocks pitching was way off and BecKKKKKKKKKet was awesome. But we pounded him earlier this year, so he's hittable. Let's see how game two goes!
    Alan, Your talking about regular season Josh. Your Rocks ran into Post season Josh last night. This is a mean lean Post Season lights out pitching machine. The guy is seriously locked in right now. I have NEVER seen a post season performance out of a Boston pitcher as impressive as what Beckett is going through. Go ahead and him in for a game 5 victory as well.

Also, your boys had better start throwing strikes cause the Sox 0ne thru nine will walk every time they are at bat.

I expect a MUCH better game tonight.

Go SOX!!!
    Brent Elias

Gulp.......

I'd love to make excuses for why we got spanked so hard last night, but dang the sox looked great and we didn't. But there is always tonight!!
    That's why there are 7 games.

BecKKKKKKKKKett (wish I could do backwards k's) was pitching absolutely lights-out last night, as he's been all post-season.

It's a strange thing not despising the opposing team. I like the Rockies and the fact that they've never been to the show before.

This is a fun series to watch. Not because of the batting practice last night (though I'm ok with that!), but because I've never really seen this team before.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jiminez's heat. Does he really throw 100 mph? wow.

Outsourced Program Manager RogerSnow's Avatar
    They did look good Alan. They deserved that one. This is what the Rockies want though. The Sox have showed they are a come from behind team. The Rockies have them right where they want them. LOL.
    Roger Snow | Team Manager | Snow Consulting, Inc.
    email: info AT snow-consulting.com | View Our Clients & Affiliate Blogs | MSN: ramschamps@hotmail.com | AIM: RogerColorGuy | GoogleTalk: snowconsulting9 | Skype: snowconsulting

Staying optimistic.....the Rocks got no breaks last night and the Sox did look fabulous. Sending good thoughts to Beantown for the Rocks to reverse that tonight.
    Paula
    Affiliate Manager
    Avanquest Software
    720-251-4144
    [email=pcarlsen@avanquest.com]pcarlsen@avanquest.com[/email]

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Brent, who do the Sox sit in Denver - Ortiz, Youkilis, Lowell, or put Youkilis in the outfield? The only way they don't really sacrifice defense is to sit Ortiz, but how do they play without that clutch bat?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Brent, who do the Sox sit in Denver - Ortiz, Youkilis, Lowell, or put Youkilis in the outfield? The only way they don't really sacrifice defense is to sit Ortiz, but how do they play without that clutch bat?
    Papi has to play. We can not lose his presence in the line-up. I would love to see them sit Drew and put Youk in right field. He has played the outfield for us in a pinch before. Only problem is that JD Drew is actually hitting the ball. The rockies have a large outfield, and Youk is slow as dirt. So if we take one of the next two games, for game five against the leftie Francis, I put youk in over drew at right field. So I sit Youk in game three, Lowell in game four and drew in game five.
    Brent Elias

I'm torn over the Youk/Papi question. I'd have a really hard time pulling Youk. Papi's just a DH now, so I think he's got to sit.

Also, don't forget, that we can split the games. Youk can start and Ortiz can finish, or vice versa.

My bet is that he starts Ortiz at first base and will be ready to pinch-run Youk and leave him in.

But sit Lowell??? Who are you putting on third?

But sit Lowell??? Who are you putting on third?
    Play Youk at third, that is his natural position and Papi at first. Papi can hold his own at first, he isnt great, but he makes it happen. Someone told me Papi won a Minor league gold glove at first. Not sure if this is true, but I feel comfy with him over there.
    Brent Elias

Play Youk at third, that is his natural position and Papi at first. Papi can hold his own at first, he isnt great, but he makes it happen. Someone told me Papi won a Minor league gold glove at first. Not sure if this is true, but I feel comfy with him over there.
    He played what, a dozen games at third this year? I don't want anyone but Lowell there with all the action positions 5 and 6 have been getting.

You don't mess with success.

He played what, a dozen games at third this year? I don't want anyone but Lowell there with all the action positions 5 and 6 have been getting.

You don't mess with success.

13. Youk is a solid 3rd baseman, but Lowell is a vacuum. What if you sat Lugo, put pedroia at short and Youk at second. It isnt ideal, but having Youks bat in the lineup is big. I think Youk could handle himself at second and Perdoia played short in college and in the minors. I would hate to be Francona right now, he has some very tough decisions to make.
    Brent Elias

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    reminiscences...
    Just thinking back .....

The first World Series game I attended was game 5 of the 1959 series at the LA Coliseum, before a WS record crowd of a little over 92,700. My father and I sat out in deep left-center and the game was little more than a rumor from there. The White Sox and Bob Shaw beat Sandy Koufax 1-0, the only run scoring on a double play.

The morning of game 3, my uncle, who lived next door, got a call from his boss, who asked him if he wanted to go to the game that day. My uncle had absolutely no interest in sports, but if his boss said jump, he was the "how high?" guy. He did ask if he could get 2 extra tickets for my father and me, but the firm only had 2 seats. I was crushed when he told us, (I was 10 at the time) but that turned to unmeasurable glee when he came home after the game with 2 tickets for game 5 for us. That game was on a Monday, and it wasn't easy getting my mother to let me skip school to go to the game.

I was also at game 2 of the 1974 Series, but I don't remember too much from that game, other than the Dodgers and Don Sutton beat Oakland. (the only game the Dodgers won in that series) What I do remember is that I went with my father, my other uncle, and my 2 cousins. Dodger Stadium has NEVER allowed such things as tail-gating, but back then you could pretty much bring whatever you wanted into the games, and this uncle was in the deli business - for 40 years he owned and operated one of the the great delis in the LA area - and he brought corned beef, pastrami, and the works for us.

In 1988, I had tickets for game 6, but the Dodgers won in 5.

Needles to say, the Dodgers haven't been in the WS since.

I did get to a couple of losing playoff games since, but that's not the same. I have also been lucky enough to see 2 no-hitters, Sandy Koufax's perfect game on September 9, 1965, and in 1994 I saw Kent Mercker of the Braves no-hit the Dodgers.

...ah, baseball

wait till next year
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound

wait till next year
    Funny, That use to be the Red Sox team motto before 2004 .
    Brent Elias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast