ABW Ambassador
    Rodriguez opts out of $252 million, 10-year contract with Yankees
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3084640

So where do you think he'll end up? I'm reading Angels or Cubs.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Giants will also be in the running - they need to make a BIG splash to make up for losing Bonds.

if Lowell leaves, maybe the RedSox.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Curious move on his part since he kept saying that he wanted clarity re. the new Yankees manager as well as several players who may/may not stay. He opted out without getting that info! Rodriquez has been so disingenuous about this who stay/go thing. Between that and his propensity for post season chocking let 'em go...

Rodriguez opts out of $252 million, 10-year contract with Yankees
    Damn, Andy, I can't believe it.

Seriously. I'm going with AHound on this one. He had a shot at Boston, was even going to drop his contract price to play there from Texas. Now he can go there and make more money. Or....he may stay in NY.....

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Hmmmm as a Sox fan, it's no question if it is Lowell OR A-Rod...World Series MVP or postseason goat?

I'll go with Lowell.

However, A-Rod back at Shortstop...word! We'll take him
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    However, A-Rod back at Shortstop...word! We'll take him
    I think that A-Rod might very well base his desision on where he wants to play next season to a large extent on whether or not a new team would let him go back to short, which is what I think he really wants.

That could be the RedSox, Giants (Vizquel is what, 85, 86?), Cubs, not so sure about the Angels, but if Artie Moreno wants him and is willing to spend the $$, he and the new GM will work it out.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Best thing to happen to the Texas Rangers in years!
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Same here with the Mariners, remember he said, it's not about the money! yea right.

I'm sure my Pittsburgh Pirates are interested. <cough>

On a side note, A-Rod and his agent are Giant A Holes for announcing that last night.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I don't think I would take this guy on my team. It is obvious how bad he is in the playoffs. I see him going to san fran if anything

He is somewhat of a pariah, so the Giants are probably his best prospect lol.

And he is thoroughly reviled in Boston. Not just by the fans, but by some of the current players as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sign him, but if they do, they will have to dodge a hell of a lot of flack.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Heard Torre and Mattingly going to Dodgers.

Yesterday the rumors were the Dodgers wanted Girardi, today it's Torre.

Since Lasorda retired, they've tried unproven ex-Dodger players like Bill Russell, retreads like Davey Johnson and Grady Little, other organization's prospects with no previous managerial experience, like Jim Tracy, and all have failed.

Torre has been a great manager and I'm sure he will do well with another team, but the Dodger's future is their young home-grown talent, and bringing in an American League guy who knows little about the organization and its great young players, may be another hugh mistake.

Torre may be the guy to bring the team back, but his success has been with a different type of team. Before his Yankee years, he managed 15 years with other teams and he had 1 first place finish and no other playoff appearances. The NL West may well have the 3 best teams in the NL for several years to come, in Colorado, Arizona, and San Diego. I'd hate to see the Dodgers give away a potentially bright future to bring in a bunch of over-the-hill or near-the-hill guys for 67-year-old-Torre. That didn't work this season, when they re-signed Nomar and brought in Luis Gonzales and Juan Pierre, when Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp and James Loney should have been playing everyday. They signed Randy Wolf and Jason Schmidt and between them they made about 15-20 starts when they weren't on the DL.

They need a new Lasorda, or Walter Alston, who knows young talent and lets them play. I don't think that guy is Torre, but it definitely is not Grady Little.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    On a side note, A-Rod and his agent are Giant A Holes for announcing that last night.
    What a disgrace that was Noth. It made me sick that they did it that way. It is the middel of the biggest game of the year and they make an Arod announcement, give me a break.

I hope the Sox stay away from this nutcase, bring back Mike Lowell and call it a day.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    What a disgrace that was Noth. It made me sick that they did it that way. It is the middel of the biggest game of the year and they make an Arod announcement, give me a break.

I hope the Sox stay away from this nutcase, bring back Mike Lowell and call it a day.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. To annouce this during the WS was self centered. I personally think Baseball takes a bad turn for the worse every year that passes...
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    What a disgrace that was Noth.
    TOTAL disgrace. What an ass.

The only way the Red Sox should even TALK to A-Rod is if he first grows a face full of hair like the old Johnny Damon, restoring facial hair equilibrium in the AL that has been off since JD left.

Then, assuming he can actually grow facial hair, when we do talk to him tell him to pound sand. He had his chance.

eh the yanks are better off without arod. He only puts up personal numbers but contributes nothing to the team.

I heard Girardi is going to named the new manager for Yanks?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Wait a minute...... I thought A-Rod was the guy who owns ARC!! Doh!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread