Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Rockies are 20 - 1
    The CO Rockies are turning this state upside-down right now. It is unbelievable how excited this little town has become in the past ten days. This is a hayday for locals and a nightmare for the networks as we are not exactly what you'd call a major media market - but who cares?!!

Go Rockies
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Next week we'll see how they fare against a Pro ball team
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    The CO Rockies are turning this state upside-down right now. It is unbelievable how excited this little town has become in the past ten days. This is a hayday for locals and a nightmare for the networks as we are not exactly what you'd call a major media market - but who cares?!!

Go Rockies
    ROCKTOBER!!!! I want a Rockies - Sox series, that would be fun. My two favorite cities in the country right there.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

I was forced to shake my head again last night as I watched another (ANOTHER) ex-Pirates pitcher throw a great ball game. I miss Josh Fogg....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    Next week we'll see how they fare against a Pro ball team
    What the ?????? Who the ????? DOH!!!

So true David, so true. As Byrnes from the D-Backs told the press a few days ago, the Rockies are just lucky. They lucked into setting an all time major league record for fewest errors in a season this year, lucked into a 20 - 1 record the past 21 games, lucked into being the leagues leading defense this year, lucked into most extra base hits in the majors this year, lucked into turning three double plays the first three innings last night, lucked into being undefeated in the playoffs so far this year and just too darned many other "lucky" things to even mention.

Besides, Colorado is not a major media market, so they shouldn't even dream about being a world series participant. Heck, they haven't even been around long enough to have any curses attached to their history, so how the heck do they have the audacity to even pretend that they are a professional team!! LOL

Actually, I'm getting a kick out of this. My two favorite ML teams are the Rockies and the Bosox. In fact if the Rockies were not in it, I'd be pulling for the BS's to win it, so I'm pulling for the BS (no pun intended) to handle Cleveland. Then I would have my dream series, with the BS and R's going 7 games and of course the R's win in the 23rd inning on a "lucky" home run from Matt Holiday. We're use to being labeled lucky here in paradise, so hopefully we at least make a decent showing against the Sox, assuming we both get past our rivals in the CS.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

YEEEEEE-HAW!!!!!!!

This is the most excitment in Denver since....well.....the Avs won the cup.

I just calculated my last eleven years here in Denver. Everytime I move a Colorado team wins a national title.

Okay, before you read this cross your fingers and knock on wood........

I moved three weeks ago.......

Can't wait for tonight's game!

GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!
    Paula
    Affiliate Manager
    Avanquest Software
    720-251-4144
    [email=pcarlsen@avanquest.com]pcarlsen@avanquest.com[/email]

Quote Originally Posted by avanquest
    YEEEEEE-HAW!!!!!!!

This is the most excitment in Denver since....well.....the Avs won the cup.

I just calculated my last eleven years here in Denver. Everytime I move a Colorado team wins a national title.

Okay, before you read this cross your fingers and knock on wood........

I moved three weeks ago.......

Can't wait for tonight's game!

GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!

Well, it's official - The Colorado Rockies are the National League Champs!! Just got this pic from my youngest son, Nathan who was at the big game with a girl he has yet to introduce to the family!! Um, Ahh, Hmm. Hey Nate, Daddy approves! Looks like the Rockies aren't the only ones who "swept" last night!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Congrats Alan. Tell Nate I love the touch with the broom, cant beat a sweep! Only nine days until the Rockies play again, that is a long freakin time.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Congrats Alan and Paula and the rest of the Rockie-ites.

Absolutely amazing - I've followed every major league pitch since April, 1958 when the LA Dodgers first took the field (in Seals Stadium vs Giants) and I've never seen anything like this streak. Closest I recall was the 1964 St. Louis Cardinals overtaking the Phillies and then the Yankees in the WS, and of course the 2004 RedSox. But the Rockies had three teams in front of them in September when their streak started.

Best of luck vs ClevSox. (I won't disclose my leanings, but my father hails from Boston)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    Congrats Alan. Tell Nate I love the touch with the broom, cant beat a sweep! Only nine days until the Rockies play again, that is a long freakin time.
    Thanks Brent & you too Affdog. Yeah, pretty big happenings here in the mile high city. I'm hoping for a Bosox Rockies world series as they are my two favorite teams - but the sox need to get it together. Maybe you can drop in and give them a little pep talk for me!!

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, that is some kind of run, especially for baseball. Rockies vs. Indians is going to be a good series.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Yeah, that is some kind of run, especially for baseball. Rockies vs. Indians is going to be a good series.
    It's leaning that way for sure after tonights game. Wow, what is happening with my BoSox? But hey, they've come back before, so don't count em out yet!!

Yes, this horse has not only been beaten to death, it has been dismembered, ground, freeze dried and now turned into dog food.

Just as no one here will change their political, religious, spiritual or life views / beliefs over a consensus reached among 10 - 15 people, there will be no consensus reached here; expecially no consensus that will change the way the internet revolves.

The ten or twelve most assertive posters here have stated, restated and repeated again and again and AGAIN, their thoughts for or against. Some object, some don't. So be it. For myself, I was content with Brian's response earlier on in this thread. I was happy with Brian's sincere comments on this topic at our Sunday Think Tank session, and I hope he continues to hold those beliefs.

SFMO (a new acronym I came up with that means "speaking for myself only" pretty clever eh?) I am content with how Connie handles her business, and I am content with how she chooses to run her sites. I am content with the manner in which Scott runs his sites, and I admire his integrity, which he has shown on many occasions through action, not talk.

That said.....

Can we move on to a MUCH more pressing - exponentially more important issue that is facing EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US TODAY? The world as we know it is facing perhaps the most potentially devastating loss of our time and we all need to join together as a true family to confront it...

The Rockies are down 3 games to 0 to those awful, provincial twits, the Boston Red Sox. Game four is tonight, and much more important than some cookie stuffing witch hunt, the Rockies need a win to get the four game sweep started their way.

So let's cut the "my dad has bigger shoes than your dad" cookie talk and concentrate on putting all of our positive juices behind these wonderful lads from Colorado!! Tonight, will be the night in which the country, the entire world will remember when in one voice we stood up and declared: "we will not walk silently into the night!"

GO ROCKIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Frankly, this thread has turned into nothing but beating a dead horse and expecting it to come back to life and start walking again.

The thread has turned worthless.

Why not just close it and give us all a break from all of the crap throwing - and I bet some of the people throwing crap are doing things that they don't want everybody to know about either.

The louder they protest - they are usually guilty of something - in all walks of life.

I'm not going to change anyone's mind and noboby is going to change mine or anyone elses mind.

Being smart is knowing when to shut up and to start minding your own business and moving on.

All of this reminds me of two 12 year olds arguing about my daddy can beat up your daddy during recess on the school playground.

I thought the people here where suppose to be adults.
    Holy S Burger! I was writing my dead horse analogy while you posted, but I see we have some similar thoughts on horses!! AND Dads LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Yes, this horse has not only been beaten to death, it has been dismembered, ground, freeze dried and now turned into dog food.
    Speaking of dog food! I found myself rooting for the Rockies last night out of pity. Living in Chicago, I fully understand the agony of defeat. They should hope for a quick and painless end to the series and get a goat that they can blame it on.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    First of all, the only way you can read this thread is if you click on it. So if it upsets you, don't click. It's not like you're getting a forced read when you login to ABW. And this isn't a baseball thread either. We have a forum for that.

And yes, I've said it many times that merchants and networks need to decide on the issue. I like Michael's idea earlier of having some kind of network rule to cover the bases and if merchants want to have their own rules on top of that with an affiliate, then so be it. And maybe they're fine with things like forced clicks, cookie stuffing, or whatever issues are out there, but make it clear. And I've always said we can discuss things to death but they're just opinions on a message board and rules and agreements will supercede that.

Saying that, I don't think stuff like this is a positive step:

"Those of you out there in the coupon site business who do not set the cookie before you show the code should adjust your sites so that they do. It only makes sense."

Because I can find posts just from last year and years prior (many) with you posting against that kind of thing. You yourself saying Kellie disagrees with you on the subject. And you're wanting to educate merchants, and we can disagree on this, but I don't think this is a positive step. I think we're going backwards with your views and opening the door to more problems. And I don't think it's good for the industry as a whole. So yes, you're free to speak your mind on that in favor of it and likewise people are free to speak their mind if they're against that sort of thing. And in the end, it is really up to the networks and merchants.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Speaking of dog food! I found myself rooting for the Rockies last night out of pity. Living in Chicago, I fully understand the agony of defeat. They should hope for a quick and painless end to the series and get a goat that they can blame it on. -rematt
    Undoubtedly the goat will be that we got outplayed by a better team this year.... oh well, back onto the cookie topic please, but thanks for the support Chicago

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread